"I don't understand. Is that bad?" Hermione says and we stop as McGonagall appears in her nightgown.

"It's bad" Ron says and gulps.

"Good evening" She says and Malfoy appears smugly beside her. We follow her into the classroom and stand in front of her desk. I keep throwing glares at Malfoy.

"Nothing, I repeat, nothing gives a student the right to walk about the school at night. Therefore, as punishment for your actions, 50 points will be taken" She says.

"50?!" Harry exclaims.

"Each. And to ensure it doesn't happen again, all five of you will receive detention" She says pointing her finger at us. I smirk as Malfoy smile vanishes.

"Excuse me, Professor. Perhaps I heard you wrong. I thought you said..."the five of us" He says stepping forward. Professor McGonagall just nods.

"No, you heard me correctly, Mr. Malfoy. You see, as honorable as your intentions were, you too were out of bed after hours. You will serve detention with your classmates" She says. She dismisses us and we all walk out of the door.

"That went well for you didn't it Malfoy" I say glaring at him with a smile. He rolls his eyes.

"Oh shut it Potterette" He says and storms always. Harry, Ron and Hermione grin at me as we walk back to the common room. The day goes really slow as we trudge through our classes. Let's just say our housemates aren't very pleased that we cost them 200 points but they'll get over it. Filch comes to collect us for detention and leads us along with Malfoy to Hagrids hut.

"A pity they let the old punishments die. There was a time detention would find you hanging by your thumbs in the dungeons. God, I miss the screaming" He says. I look at him in shock and shake my head in disbelief.

"I really wonder why he still has a job" I say.

"You and me both Potterette" Malfoy speaks up from beside me. I shake the weird feeling I get when he agrees with me.

"You'll be serving detention with Hagrid tonight. He's got a little job to do inside the dark forest. A sorry lot this, Hagrid. Oh, good God, man, you're not still on about that bloody dragon, are you?" Filch says as we reach the hut to find Hagrid sniffling slightly.

"Norbert's gone. Dumbledore sent him off to Romania to live in a colony" He tells us.

"Well, that's good, isn't it? He'll be with his own kind" Hermione tries to reassure him.

"Yeah, but what if he don't like Romania? What if the other dragons are mean to him? He's only a baby, after all" Hagrid cries. All of us give each other an awkward look as Filch rolls his eyes.

"Oh, for Gods sake, pull yourself together, man. You're going into the forest, after all. Got to have your wits about you" He says.

"The forest? I thought that was a joke! We can't go in there. Students aren't allowed. And there are...werewolves!" Malfoy exclaims as he hears a wolf howl. Filch just smirks.

"There's more than werewolves in those trees, lad. You can be sure of that" He says. I nudge Draco and smirk.

"Scared of the dark Malfoy?" I tease. He shakes his head even though he looks downright terrified.

"Not at all" He tries to say but looks at the forest surrounding us and gulps.

"Nighty-night" Filch says and walks away.

"Right. Let's go" Hagrid says, he takes his crossbow and Fang follows us. In the forest. We begin walking along a path to a tree. Hagrid stops, bends down and dips his fingers in a silver puddle. He pulls out his fingers and rubs them together. A silver trail smears with his fingers.