Episode 35

(Y/n's pov)

Yesterday was weird, I felt like i was being followed. I thought about even asking sawyer on how to deal with that. If I ever have that feeling of a presence near me.
I gathered items I would need for training, looking in the mirror for a minute to fix my complextion. I then looked at my dresser and saw the emerald necklace resting there, I grabbed it and put it around my neck before leaving my house and to genwae. I didn't get the feeling of someone following me yet, so that's good. I don't need anyone seeing sawyer at all. But I'm sure he's very careful when it comes to this stuff, when it comes to someone being here at genwae other then me. I know he trusts me.
When I got there, I looked around and started setting up for training until I felt an arm slowly wrap around my neck. I elbowed who ever it was in the stomach causing them to grunt and stumble back. I quickly spun around and kicked them in the face, now they were on the ground huffing and grunting in pain.
"Your getting good at this." Sawyer chuckled with a grin on his face. I sighed softly with relief that it was him. "Sawyer I have a question." He gets back up slowly and looked at me with a raised brow. "What is it babe?" He asked questioningly. "First of all, what is that name? And second, I wanted you to teach me on how to know if someone is following you..." sawyer gave me a wide expression on his face. "Was someone following you here?" He asked with slight panic in his voice but I shake my head quickly to clear it up. "No! Someone was following me yesterday. Thats why I didn't come back here." I say, causing him to sigh in relief. "Thank athena..." he huffed and hummed softly. "So you want me to teach you a way to know if someone is near?" I nodded at his question which he then told me to follow him which I did. "We're going to play hide and seek." I scoffed when he says this. "Trust me, it will help you. Now let me tell you somethings. When your wanting to know if someone is near, you have to tap into a survival instinct immediately. Your hearing will become more attuned, your eyes will be more clear. Using your survival instincts will bring positive results when trying to know when a precense is going to sneak attack you." He explained. Then quickly pulled out a knife and started racing towards me, I responded quickly by running as an instinct, although it wouldn't be the best way to respond. I still did, and once I was enough ways away, I quickly climbed a tree and blended in with the leaves. I didn't see him at all either which made my heart race rapidly.
Where could he be if he were to sneak attack me? I wondered to myself. But I had to keep going to look for him. I crouched on the thick branches, walking slowly to not make so much noise.
I looked around cautiously, choosing when was the best time to move. I then heard rustling in the bushes, making me snap my attention quickly to the noise but saw nothing. I quickly hid behind a tree, not wasting any time at all. I then noticed someone sprinting and disappearing. I quickly climbed a tree and waited for a little bit until I saw sawyer stop for a moment and look around. I narrowed my eyes at him, stalking like a cat catching a mouse. It was reversed roles at this point. He was trying to find me but I had already found him. I sprung from my position and tackled him to the ground and he grunted, staring up at me as I stared down at him. We both laughed as he pushes me off and we both just laid there on the ground, staring at the sky and laughing. "You got me." He said, giving me the win that time. I laughed and covered my face with my hand. Our laughs slowly died down and I looked at Sawyer with a soft gaze. He turned me and we both just stared at each other. My heart raced as we did so. I could feel the heat rise in my cheeks and he then booped my nose. Catching me by surprise, I laughed and shook my head. He grinned and stared up at the sky again. "And to think you hated me before." He said with a smirk on his face. "And how do you know I still don't?" I asked him, teasing him as bit and he turned to me with a goofy smile on his face. "Just by the way you look at me." I blushed softly and looked straight up at the sky again. I felt some type of way about him that a little part of me didn't want to admit it.
"I have a question.." Sawyer says and sits up from the ground. I did as well as turn my full body to give my full attention. "Ask away." I said.
"Why do you like the council?" I felt myself choke up when he asked this. "Though the council is sometimes unfair, they do benefit us." I say. "Like making sure no demon enters, Making sure better laws are put into place." Sawyer raised a brow as I said with the most dead panned face. "Don't you think they're a little strict?" Saywer asked. I stayed silent with no expression, of course I debated with my head about this. I was torn between my council I abided by for so long and someone I just met that I have..something for.
"You know what they did?" Sawyer then asked with a solemn look on his face. Nothing came up in my head. I feel like i should know but I can't think of anything. It's the same question genesis asked me awhile ago when we were in the bar. I shook my head slowly. "Should I know...?" I asked with hesitance. He scoffed with a grin on his face, looking down and shaking his head. My heart beat picked up nervously when he did this. Should I really know what happened?
"You should learn your history." Sawyer said, making me feel terrible. I feel like should really know but I seem to not remember at all. "I do know my history...I'm Just rusty that's all." I said in defense. I hadn't been in school in a very long time. Sawyer had a disappointed look on his face. "You don't look like you left school that long ago. I find it odd you don't even remember..." Sawyer said, now making me even frusterated. "Please tell me..." I begged and he shook his head. "That's for you to find out. Not for me to tell you. When ever you can, go to the library." He recommended, then standing up and looking down at me. "That's it for training today. I'll see you tomarrow." Then like that, he disappeared. Had I upset him? I wondered, leaving genwae and walking home. I could feel eyes on my as I walked though, I looked around but saw no one. When I got home, I shut the door and locked it and shut all my curtains. Making sure my candles were out as well. I crawled into bed and fell fast asleep.
The dream wasn't long, a woman stood in front of me once again and stared at me. "Sawyer is your ticket." She spoke again and I gave her a confused look. "How?" I asked her and she stepped closer to me. "He's the one who will fulfill your life. Keep him close, search for those feelings. They are there." Then like that...
The dream ended.