Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Tᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-Eɪɢʜᴛ

𝗛𝘂𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗿 & 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀

____
Billy sits in his wheelchair on the porch of his home, surrounded by the pack and Emily. They wait anxiously for any news and for it to be over.

We watch as Bella's truck pulls up and slams on the breaks. She hurriedly climbs out and rushes towards us. As she goes to speak a loud yell of excruciating pain resonates from inside the house; Jacob.

Bella flinches, imagining feeling the pain herself. We all do.

Billy sniffles at his sons screams, not being able to anything about it. He just sits in his chair clenching the arm rests. It's all he can do to keep it together. Emily, next to him, puts an arm around his shoulders to comfort the man.

"It's been going on for a while." Quil speaks up, providing Bella with answers.

"Carlisle's rebreaking his bones." I explain the reason for Jacobs screams.

Bella looks horrified at the image of what's going on while Leah paces.

"Why'd he have to butt in? I could've taken that tick!" Her guilt speaks for her, wishing it was her who was in pain.

"Oh, give it a rest, Leah." Paul bites out. My head snaps up to him immediately and he shrinks back.

"Be nice Paul, she feels guilty and wishes it was her who was in pain." I scold quietly in his ear so he's the only one who can hear.

We all spin toward the front door as it finally opens for the first time in hours and Carlisle exits with Sam in tow.

"The worst is over. He'll be alright." He confirms, settling everyone's nerves. Billy exhales heavily, relieved tears threatening to spill from his eyes. Sam puts a hand on Billy's shoulder as a sign of comfort and Emily wraps an arm around Sam's waist.

"I gave him some morphine, but his body temperature will burn it off soon. I'll come back to set up a drip." He informs, looking directly at Billy.

"Thank you." He chokes out, shaking Carlisle's hand.

"He's asking for you." He looks at Bella, her face slightly brightens up.

We all look at her as she makes her way towards the door. A combination of pleading looks cross some faces, 'don't hurt him'.  Then some threatening looks, 'if you hurt him...'. She tries to ignore the looks as she makes her way inside.

___

With Jacob being stable, Paul and I made our way to my house. We instantly fell asleep, exhausted from the days events.

I shoot out of bed in the morning, Paul snoring away. I glance at him quickly but the burn of my throat and the urge to protect my mate battle each other. Protecting my mate wins and I speed down stairs and scribble out a note, leaving it sticking on the fridge.

I run into the forest and hunt for animals. The thirst burning my throat, needing to be quenched. It took two hours, three bears, two mountain lions, but it was finally satisfied.

I've never had to eat that many animals but I haven't eaten in a couple weeks so it makes sense. I run back to my house as quick as I can.

I walk in to find Paul splayed across the couch watching 'Marvel's Agents of Shield' and shoving food into his face. A laugh breaks out of my mouth and he immediately stands up turning around.

He drops his bag of chips and jumps over the back of the couch. He lifts me into his arms and puts his face in the crook of my neck and inhales my scent.

"I missed you so much." I smile and wrap my arms around him, hugging him.

"I missed you too. I'm sorry for not waking you up, I just, I needed to hunt fast." I sputter out, the fear from possibly hurting him coming back from this morning.

"Hey, hey, I understand Masen. It's okay. You could never hurt me, ever. Go it?" He looks me in my eyes, searching for my answer.

"I got it. I love you so much Paul." I whisper and give him a passionate kiss. "I love you so much more Mason Rogers."

I laugh at his statement and he sets me down. I go to say something but a vision flashes across my eyes.

Bella and Edward stand at an altar and kiss.

Bella sits on a couch in the Cullen home looking sickly with Rosalie by her side.

Paul storms out of my house shaking as I crumple to the ground crying.

Alice, Jasper, Edward, and I stand outside the Cullen home facing the wolves. Edward and I are covered in blood. We charge at each other-

I return to the present as I finally hear Paul calling out my name. I let out a loud breath as I collapse as I shake.

What just happened? Why are the wolves and us fighting? What happened between Paul and I? Why are Edward and I covered in blood, who's blood? Why does Bella look so sick?

I realize too late that I'm having a panic attack and I'm scaring Paul. He's never seen me have one before but he knows about them.

"Hey baby, I need you to take some slow deep breaths. Calm. In and out. Just like that." His soothing voice whispers as he holds me in his arms.

I follow as he says and soon I'm calm. I'm still shaken up.

"What did you see baby?" He says softly as he strokes my hair.

I take a deep breath and show him using my power. "We'll deal with everything together. No matter what Masen. Everything's going to be okay." He gives me kisses on my cheeks, nose, forehead, and lips.

I slowly nod my head, agreeing that we'll get through it together.

___
one more chapter yall🥺🤧