Iɴᴛʀᴏᴅᴜᴄᴛɪᴏɴ

__________

__________

I could remember my human life remarkably well. Which is considered quite odd within the vampire world; even after years I still remember even the smallest details.

I had thought the heartbreak of my miscarriage was painful. I had thought that the physical and emotional pain was the worst thing to ever happen to me; I was wrong—I was completely and utterly wrong.

The second I felt him sink his teeth into the side of my neck, I wanted to die. I wanted more than absolutely anything, for the searing pain of my body to go away. But it would not; the longer it went on, the more painful it became.

He just stood there watching me. He laughed at my pain, my relentless and desperate pleads for help, the way my body was twitching as if I was possessed.

I do not know how long I was wishing to die, nor, how long the fire burned throughout me. But when I had awoken, the unknown man was still remained, leaning against the brick wall of the alleyway.

To say that I was surprised when I learned what I now was, is most certainly an understatement. I almost fainted, well I probably would have if I was still human.

The revelation made perfect sense though—my vision was miraculous, I could hear things that were quite far away; and when I ran, I almost went straight into the brick wall.

However, there was one persistent, and slightly disturbing thought that concerned the man, who's name I still had not learned.

Why was I not craving blood?

𝙴𝚍𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚍: 04/20/22.