Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ Nɪɴᴇ

𝖬𝗒 𝖲𝗍𝗈𝗋𝗒

𝖬𝗒 𝖲𝗍𝗈𝗋𝗒

________
"Your house is so pretty." I say in awe, still standing by my car door starring at the house.

"Thank you, but Esme designed it all." Rosalie says skipping over to me and linking our arms. "Shall we go inside?"

"We shall!" I say laughing as she pulls me up the steps and through the door.

As soon as we step inside I look around amazed. It's an open floor plan, with most of the walls just being windows. The steps leading to the second and third floors.

I was pulled out of my trance like state by a whoosh of air and then stood a small brunette with motherly features looking at me.

"Esme this is Masen. We met her at school today and she's one of us." Alice introduces popping beside Jasper and wrapping herself in his embrace.

I go to shake her hand but instead I was pulled into a bone crushing hug by the motherly woman.

"Oh honey, how old were you?" She asks looking at my features, her eyes darting across my face. Her warm smile changing into a frown.

I clear my throat and speak, "I had only been sixteen for a couple months. So I'm sixteen. Although I should be forty-six." I simply shrug with a sad smile on my face.

"Oh sweetheart." She pulls me into another tight hug, but releases me as we hear two cars pulling up to the house. "That must be Edward and Carlisle." She says as we all follow her to a living room. I look around and notice it's incredibly spacious and there's a large piano with a guitar sitting next to it in the corner of the room.

I noticed that Rosalie and Emmett sat cuddled up to each other, the same with Alice and Jasper. I could feel the love. Quite literally. Then a pale man with bright slicked back blonde hair comes into the room and kisses Esme. The room is filling with love. It's almost as if it's seeping out of their pores.

I walked towards a chair sitting empty in the corner and plopped down in it. I want to love, I want to be loved. But no matter how hard I try, it doesn't happen. I know I have my mate out there. Somewhere. But I just want to meet him now, is that too much to ask for?

I'm so close to just doing random hookups to feel some sort of positive relief from the loneliness I've been with for the last thirty years.

I was brought out of my depressing thoughts by Edward speaking to me, "Hey it's going to be okay, I waited one hundred and nine years for my mate. Now I have her. When you meet him I can assure you it'll be worth the wait." He smiles to me while sitting down on the couch next to Esme and Carlisle.

"So tell us about yourself Masen, as much as you remember and feel comfortable sharing." Carlisle speaks up offering me a friendly smile as the others look to me.

I take a deep unnecessary breath and begin.

"I was born in Fort Lauderdale, Florida on September 17th, 1964. I had two older brothers, James and Alexander. We lived pretty well, we had a big house and a maid. We were always taken care of, whether by my mother or the maid. We went to prestigious schools and I wanted to go to college. But my mother and father said I couldn't, I'd need to be able to take care of my children and husband. I was upset about it but I knew that's how things were and it'd be pretty hard to change." I sighed, folding my hands together interlocking my fingers.

"When I was fourteen I found out I was pregnant. It was extremely frowned upon then; to be having a child young and not be married. My father was in no way happy about it. He wouldn't talk to me let alone look at me. I knew he was disappointed but I came to terms with my pregnancy quickly. I was excited to become a mother. When I was eight weeks pregnant I had a miscarriage. At that moment I thought that was the most physical and emotional pain I would ever go through. But two years later, a couple months after I turned sixteen I was walking home from my best friends house. It was late but I wasn't afraid. I walked the same way home hundreds of times. Out of those hundreds of times there was a good amount where it was late. I had no issues getting home before, especially since we lived in a wealthy neighborhood. I probably should've called one of my brothers to come get me but that felt silly, the walk home would only take five minutes at the most." I paused and looked around at the faces listening intently. I took another unneeded breath and began again.

"I was walking through the neighborhood passing an alleyway, out of curiosity I peaked into it and there was no one there. I turned back forwards to continue walking and right in front of me, there was a black haired pale man with bright red eyes. I was completely terrified. I made a move to run back to my bestfriends house but he stood in front of me yet again. I needed to scream, draw attention. Suddenly I was in the alleyway with the man and I was pressed against the brick wall. He tilted my head to the side exposing my neck. I thought he wanted to rape me, that's why I was so terrified. The second I felt him bite into my neck, I wanted to die. I wanted more than anything for the searing pain of my insides to go away. But it wouldn't, the longer it went on the more painful it became." I looked up from my hands and saw their looks of sadness and pity for me, but decided to ignore it.

"He just stood there and laughed. Laughed at my pain. My screams. The way my body was twitching as if I was possessed. I didn't know how long I was wishing to die; how long the fire burned me from the inside out. But when I awoke, the man was still standing there, leaning against the brick wall of the alleyway. To say I was surprised at what I now was, is an understatement. I almost passed out, well I probably would've if I was still human." I let out a dry chuckle and continued.

"However, the revelation made perfect sense though. My eyesight was incredible, I could hear things that were miles away, and my speed, oh lord. I almost ran straight into the brick wall." I laughed and looked up to my new friends and hopefully family.

"There was several strange things about me he pointed out, I wasn't insane with thirst. Hell I wasn't even craving blood."I took noticed to their shocked faces and smiled.

"My eyes, they weren't red either, but a vibrant purple." They immediately looked to my eyes with confusion. "My eyes change color to blend in. Most of the time they do it by themselves but I make sure they change. That's why at school they were blue, because that was the most common eye color in the school. And that's how, when I'm with you guys, they're the golden/topaz color." I smirk then change my eyes back to the violet they now naturally are.

"Then the last thing that confused the man, was my given gifts. I have two, the first one being I can replicate any gift I come into contact with and keep it. The second one being a conjunction of gifts. Reality warping, probability, time & matter manipulation. Then energy projection and absorption." All their mouths were hanging open and Carlisle's eyes were wide with shock.

I giggled but continued. "Yes the powers are great and I'm probably the only vampire known that has them, but there's downsides to it. I can't rely solely on my second gift because I can go into a coma like state. It typically lasts about two days, but I'm assuming it can last longer depending on how much energy I release." I say simply leaning back in my seat sighing. I wait for them to come out of their shocked state and to bombard me with the questions I know they have.

However they stay there, not blinking or breathing even. I let out a laugh and smirk.

"So, any questions?"

_____
here y'all go😂im sorry it's lateeee . butttt make sure to vote and comment whatcha think