Chapter 62

The changes were made rather quickly and the ones working in Domino didn't need to take a detour, Bella her complaints were gone when she saw her new building "And while you still share this work area with Evelyn you'll have your own space too". Seto gives her a tour once Evelyn arrives as well and Atem is helping Ruby at the museum in Domino "Miss, the souvenir shop is closed" someone says and Ruby looks a bit confused "Weird I thought it was open", she opens the door and scans the room, spotting a note on the counter "Great, she resigned" Ruby mumbles taking her phone "Excuse me for a moment" she says and she walks off, coming back ten minutes later with Yusei "I think I get it" he says "Let's hope you do" Ruby says and Atem chuckles "How's Evelyn?" "Busy" Yusei answers "We'll leave you to it" Ruby says.

Atem is inspecting the paintings, stopping at one he never saw before "What's that?" he asks "I don't know to be honest, I found it with the others, but... there's magic radiating from it" Ruby says "Isis her magic" she says "Did she paint?" Atem asks "Occasionally yes, whenever she had a troubling vision" is the somewhat worrying answer he gets "But I thought they were destroyed when she died" "Apparently this one isn't, is that... an older you?" "I think so, can't tell by how much though". They call Silver, who sighs "That's the temple Angel and Sky made" he says "And if you walk a bit to the left you'll see it from a different angle" "How do these things work anyway?" Ruby asks tilting her head slightly. "Isis her magic allowed her to see the future without the book, but those were only possible outcomes, whereas the book outcomes couldn't be avoided" Silver explains "Atem should be able to focus in on the painting and see what she saw while painting it, but it's not recommended" "Because he hasn't been shown how to do that yet?" Ruby asks, the siblings not seeing the confused look on Atem's face as he moves closer "Guys I think it's a portal" he says "A portal to where?" Silver asks "To now" Ruby mumbles "That's what would've happened if we failed, if I never woke up, look, the current temple doesn't have that, that's what could've happened". Since Mokuba is the knowledge expert they bring the painting home, covered with a large fabric "That's not what it was in the museum" Silver says, the painting is showing a ruined world, but worst of all, a broken world. "Possible endings" Atem whispers "That's probably what would have happened if we failed to save everyone" he says "Yes, but that doesn't explain where you two are" Mokuba points out "We were fighting in Egypt, protecting the city, we would have survived had our home fallen" Atem explains "But that doesn't explain the one from the museum" he adds "Maybe the temple became a museum" Summer says walking in "And you left in the middle of a conversation" "They needed help" Silver comments dryly "Sky is off bothering his cousin" "That isn't going to end well" Ruby says with a sigh "I'll go and pay them a visit before they get in a fight". It's a bit late though and she clears her troat, making Ash and Sky jumps away from each other "Angel what happened?" "Ash was showing me his new magic tricks when Sky appeared and scared him, my arm got frozen, it's fine now, but they've been arguming and fighting since it happened" "He shouldn't have hurt you!" Sky complains "And you know better then to scare him" Ruby cuts in "Why are you always taking his side?" Sky asks earning an unimpressed look "Because you're bothering my daughter, you always think you know it better then her, even if you started to tolerate her more. She had no help from you, but from Ash, so either behave or get out of Egypt" Ruby says. Sky glares at her, but crosses his arms before turning to Ash "I'm sorry for scaring you" he says "Forgiven" Ash says "But only because Angel's fine". "You spoil him too much" Summer deadpans when Silver wanted to cheer his son up "Am I supposed to spoil the other one?" "No, but I don't know how to fix their... rivalry" "Do what dad did for us when we had a fight" Raven says "Send them to one of the floating islands, after hiding a treasure, and that should fix it" "It's not just Angel though, he can't stand anyone" Summer mumbles. They watch the young prince in silence and Ruby appears with Drake "I may have found part of the reason. Sky can't seem to see the difference in humans and gods yet, probably because he doesn't spend enough time in Egypt, so why don't we use a temporarely memory spell and let him live as a human?" "No, best we can do is seal his magic and then send him to Domino, Yugi will take care of him" Silver says "Sky come here" he says "What is it father?" "How do you expect to be king when no one will tolerate you?" Summer asks "They'll just have to listen" he says, but Ruby shakes her head "No, they will try to throw you off because you won't be a good king" she says "Because you need to earn their respect and you can only do that when you're not looking down on everyone" she adds "You don't know anything about that" Sky mumbles. All this does is earn him a smile "I earned respect in Egypt because I saved their prince and later, their king. People there greeted us like we're always there, do you know why? Because we protected them, we lived among them. I became queen and didn't need to earn any respect, I already had it and you are being rude to gods and humans alike because you think you're better, without humans we're nothing, we would be trapped for all eternity" "We're going to seal your magic and send you to Domino where you will live a normal life with Yugi" Silver says "For how long do I have to endure that torture alone?" Sky asks, earning a laugh "Oh not alone" Summer says "Angel will be joining you, she needs a break".

Sky is glaring at his cousin who is already decorating her half of the room "Why don't you use magic? Yours isn't sealed" he asks, but she shows a bracelet "It is sealed, most of it, since sealing it completely isn't good for my health" Angel says "Dinner's ready!" Yugi calls so they head down, Sky sulking behind Angel "Dad why are they staying with us?" "We're taking care of them for a friend Miley" Yugi says "Sorry you two have to share" Téa says "It's fine" Angel says helping her with setting the table "At least, I think it's fine" "Good, you'll be going to school starting next week as exchange students" Yugi says "What?" both ask "But we already know-" "Yes, but the explanation will be different" Téa says.

Silver chuckles at Ruby after she leaves a meeting "Having fun making everyone fear you again?" "I'm hardly doing that, you'll have more amusement watching our kids in Domino, they're sharing the guest room" she says making him laugh "Sky is gonna hate it there" "No doubt, but maybe he'll learn it's not all bad. Then again, if he doesn't, make your next kid heir and don't spoil them too much" Ruby says "I gotta go, another meeting"  "Don't scare them too much" Silver says earning a wave from his sister.