Chapter 61

"You lied" Ruby says walking with Silver to the race tracks "What do you mean?" he asks slightly confused "I used my magic to turn phoenix fire in hellfire" Ruby explaind "Hellfire is... a form of dark fire, just less harmful to me" "Your point being?" he asks "Well if I were to fuse with my evil half there's a good chance I could learn it, however, it wasn't the future me since that's impssible" "If it was Mokuba, why would he have a barrier made of dark fire?" "He could be injured, but since we burned the book of prophecies we don't know for sure". Ruby and Silver go back to that time and Amy runs over "We can't even get within a few meters of it" "Ruby?" Silver asks "I can try to go through, but it won't be pretty if I accidentally break the barrier, the amount of magic needed is insane" she mumbles the last part "Amy I need you to take everyone who's close to it and take them somewhere safe" Silver says "B-but you could get hurt" "We'll be fine" Ruby says and she looks at the barrier "Is there a weak point?" "The top, but unless you can fly-" Amy cuts herself up when the two disappear "I really don't like my evil side" Silver mumbles taking Ruby's hand as they float above the top of the barrier "Yeah I can understand, so why are we doing this after we told Mokuba not to get involved?" "We have to figure out what's going on, we're not doing anything if we don't have to".

Getting a hole big enough in the barrier is the easy part, keeping it open isn't and it closes once they're through "Wait" Silver says looking around "The palace, it's burning" he says "I don't understand", Ruby tilts her head "It's... in stasis, Mokuba used the spell to freeze time, then he protected it with the barrier" she says "Protect it from what?" Silver asks, but he earns a shrug "So let's not break the barrier for now" "I don't understand though, Mokuba could have doused the fire with magic if Angel and Ash failed", something suddenly clicks and Ruby looks at her brother "Where are they anyway" "In Egypt, Angel has several meetings today, Ash is keeping her company, as usual" "We need to see the museum". So they go to the museum, but even that has no clues "Ugh, okay what if we douse the fire?" "Ruby, remember what I said" "Yes, don't mess with the timelines" "Yeah, we should leave", Ruby looks behind her and is confused seeing an older Mokuba looking angry "We probably should" "You're leaving already? Such a shame" Mokuba says "I'm gonna ask, what the hell happened?" Ruby asks walking forward "Remember that girl I liked?" Mokuba asks "How could I not" "She says they want to fix the palace, but they won't, they go through it like a pack of hungry wolves, taking everything of value" he says "And you two called me liars" "Mokuba I don't understand" Silver says "I had to protect the palace, so I set up that barrier and hid everything god related there" Mokuba says "I couldn't let the young me make the same mistakes" "But he won't believe me without proof" Ruby points out "In their house is a locked chest, it contains all their 'renovation' plans" Mokuba says. Inside the house they find the plans and Ruby crosses her arms when Amy and her mother return "I'm terribly sorry for snooping, but this is a map, not plans to renovate. This map has almost all the secret tunnels leading in and out of the palace" "Mom what is all this?" Amy asks "You seeing it Mokuba?" Silver asks "I-" "We were planning to renovate, but for that we'd need money" "Which you also had plenty of" Mokuba says "I don't get it" "I swear I had no idea" Amy says "I-" "You found out, now I know why you're familiar, you're the sun goddess" "And no one breaks my little brother's heart!" "Die before you make things worse", but an explosion doesn't work and Mokuba looks down "Now what?" he asks "Well" Ruby says "I might have an idea, Angel and Ash might not like it though" "No" Silver says "Can't she come with us?" Mokuba asks, but the two shake their head "She's human Mokuba, she'd fall right through the cloud parts" Ruby says pulling him in a hug "Say your goodbyes, we're never coming here again" Silver says, but Ruby has an idea "If the palace is over there that means...", after a moment of silence she teleports with the three to a lake "Where are we?" Mokuba asks "Quick question, can she swim?" Ruby asks mentioning to Amy, who's inspecting the water "I don't know" "I can swim" she says, so Ruby lightly shoves her forwards causing her to fall in "The hell was that for?" Mokuba asks "Eh not like you'll be breaking any rules now" Silver says flipping through a book "Amy... huh, how'd that work, guess Yusei has a student" he says "However this is a one time solution only" "Thank you" Mokuba says hugging them before helping Amy out of the water "I remember something, Bella liked Mike, who turned out to be the worst guy ever and that's the end of that" Ruby says "Anyway, I'm ready to leave" "Me too". Finding Yusei is easy, considering the animals are quiet "They're so cute!" Amy says running over "Right, Yusei, this is your student" Silver says "Ruby pushed her in one of the lakes" "She did ask if she could swim though" Mokuba adds "I see" Yusei says with a chuckle "I'll take good care of her". Bella groans during their next boring meeting "I don't get it" she says "Which part?" Summer asks "The part where you're kicking me out of my workplace" Bella points out "Technically we're relocating  it, near the town square, where all the accidents seem to happen" Silver explains "But I need-" "Seto show her the building" Ruby cuts in "Since we moved all the books to the royal library our old library is empty, the terror twins are fixing it as we speak, you'll have enough space, even if you summon monsters to help out" Seto says "Atem, any news from the other gods?" Summer asks "Not yet, but I don't think they will" he says "It's not time for another 'meeting' and I'm sure they're all busy, Zeus did send a letter and apologized he missed last time and he would send word if he wanted to visit" "Anything else?" Silver asks "Yes, I think our main portal, the one that's always open nowadays, should lead to Domino. Bella, Evelyn and I work there,  not to mention that Angel has made it clear she doesn't want Drake and Opal to mess up her work again, she has summoned guardians for the gate houses meaning we can focus our efforts elsewhere" Ruby says and the two healers look surprised "She makes a good point" Mokuba says "Do it, contact Angel and Ash before we change it. Bella, Evelyn, your clinic, is it haunted?" Silver asks earning two nods "That where it'll lead then, that concludes this meeting" "I'll show you your workplace" Seto says "Please do" Evelyn says.