Chapter 5

No one knows exactly what happened but the last empty place starts to glow the second the bright chains start to trap the 'god slayer' and Yami runs towards Ruby "Ruby you'll die!" he calls, but knows that it doesn't exactly matter at this point "Ruby stop!" Ishizu calls, but when the chains disappear along with that guy Ruby falls on her ground, somehow Joey is the first to react "She's alive, somehow" he says, but when they look towards the statues they see the last one not so empty anymore "But how?" Yami asks and Solomon says "Rumor has it that when gods die they become humans, I never knew it was true" "But that means..." Joey trails off and Yami says "We have to find the other gods her age, they can fix this" "But the statues" Joey says "They will disappear too, but the longer we wait the less we can save, the prank twins, the ones next to Ruby and her brother first, lucky for us they have the same appearance, mostly" Ishizu says and Joey puts Ruby on his back "Shouldn't we find a way to get them to remember?" he asks as they leave the temple.

At the boat they put Ruby on a couch "We will wait until she wakes up" Ishizu says and she adds "She may have the answers we need even in this state", but then she sees the necklace and bracelet "I might know how, much like the millenium puzzle the items they have are linked to their memories, if we find them then Yami can go into their items and unlock their memories for them" she says and Ruby glances at them "It's not that easy, our bodies are still trained and our items are the most important things, you can't simply go in there, having said that, memories will begin to fade after a while, so ask away before mine disappear again" she says "Are you alright?" Yami asks earning a slight smile "Can't move at the moment, but other then that I'm okay" she says and sighs "We gods are always nearby each other, it maybe be too late to save most of them, but the gods of pranks and the ones we saw appear, our best guess for the pranksters is here in Egypt, having said that, I can feel them nearby" she says and Yami lifts her up "Off we go then" he says and they head off. "How are we going to find them?" Joey asks and they wave at the other two who decided to stay behind "Simple, look for twins who prank the entire time" Ruby says leaning half on Yami "Well why don't we get you back to normal first?" Yami asks, but Ruby says "You have to wait with that until all my memories are gone", they hear a vendor nearby cursing and a set of twins run past the two, but they slow down seeing the three and Ruby hits Yami with her elbow causing him to let go of her and she tackles the two to the ground "Okay you pranksters, I'm gonna give you a choice, come along or I'll hand you to that angry vendor" she says and the two try to get Ruby off, but she just pushes them down again "What will it be?" she asks and Joey is surprised by her strength even though she's just a normal human now "We're coming with you then" the two say and Ruby gets up "Good, the name's Ruby by the way, you don't happen to know a guy named Silver right?"she says and the two look at each other "He's Pegasus his adopted son" they say at the same time and Ruby stumbles so the black haired boy quickly catches her "The boat's this way" Joey say and the two look at each other, their dark gray eyes narrowing, just a moment ago the girl had been able to keep both down and threaten them, now she could barely stand. At the boat the two are inspecting it and Ishizu says "It's prank proof, Ruby warned us about you two" "But she just met us" the girl says and she adds "I'm Opal and this hotheaded guy is my brother Drake" "Do all girls have names like that?" Joey asks and Ruby nods slightly "Sapphire is next on the list" Ruby says and the twins look at each other "We know where she is, she's always with a guy named Jack" Opal says and Ruby slowly lets go of Yami, once she realizes she can at least stand normal she looks at the two "Okay we can do this the hard way, or the easy way, but knowing you two, you're going for the hard way" she says and Drake asks "What do you mean Ruby?" "Well those two belts" she starts and they both says "We are not letting you near those", Joey sweatdrops and Ruby looks at Solomon who's standing behind the two and he knocks them both out "Two down, three to go" Ishizu says and Ruby closes her eyes "Let's go back to Domino City before I get any worse then this" she says and Solomon says "I guess that turning completely human isn't as easy as you make it seem" "No it's not, you get very sick since our bodies need to get used to it, we rarely get sick and we don't age after a certain age, in my case, I stopped aging at 19, those two as well, we're the same age" Ruby says.

They go back to Domino city and Seto sweatdrops seeing the two extra people "I'll be going to bed" Ruby says and the twins look at each other, Yami had gotten to restoring their memories before they left, but since they kept their old tricks it was rather easy "Is she okay?" Mokuba asks and Yami sighs "I don't know Mokuba, we will know eventually" he says, he was worried as well.

Mana is staring at the statue of her second best friend and Seth pulls her in a hug "They're both gone now Seth" she says and the male says "Maybe, we should go and see Isis about what will happen now that all the statues are filled" "Let's go and do that" Mana says looking at the feather and she drops it as it catches fire.