Chapter 19

Ruby is laying outside on her back, the others already went in and she refused to see the outcome "Better get up I guess" she mumbles and heads down, seeing the duel still going and she wants to walk off again when she hears Atem say "You should stay snd watch" "And you should focus" Ruby counter, but she goes to stand next to Joey, who obviously doesn't notice, Ruby rubs her head and she says "I already put the spell on the items, as soon as I'm gone with Atem they'll disappear from this world" "Holy crap! And what do you mean gone?" Joey asks, Ishizu notices that Ruby stays quiet as she looks down "Ruby might not be a spirit, but she put a reincarnation spell on herself and the Pharaoh, they'll be back, she choses to leave" "In a few years you will forget us, not completely though, it's part of the spell" Ruby says and she adds "The others already left, but I wanted to leave with Atem".

Yugi wins the duel and as soon as he realizes what it means he starts crying and Ruby sighs as she walks over, with their homeworld sealed it wouldn't take too long for her to become a human permantly until someone decides to unseal the temple "Oh yeah, I left my treasure book in my room at Seto's house, oh well" she says and she adds "He'll find it when the time is right", Joey looks at Ruby confused for a few moments before he nods slightly at her "When will that time be though?" he asks, so Ruby pretends to be deep in thoughts "I know, I should leave you all a goodbye gift" she says and the book of prophecies appears in her hands so she hands it to Joey "It's still working" she says and adds "Yugi's grandfather will keep it save if you ask him". The door opens and Atem says "Let's go Ruby", she takes his hand and says "You can finally rest, meaning I can too" "And in the end we never saw them kiss" Marik complains, but he quickly hides behind Ishizu when Ruby aims a fireball his way, a big one "They actually did once" Yugi says and he adds "Ruby gave him a surprise visit and let him see one if her memories, any he liked, so he asked for the one that actually confirmed her feelings for him" "Still haven't forgiven Mana for that" Ruby says "And he wanted to see the one where we first met". Ishizu smiles and says "We'll see you two, someday". They walk through and as the door is closed the millennium items go up in purple flames and the place starts collapsing "They're really gone, but why would Ruby rule Egypt if she's the queen of gods?" Tristan asks and he takes the book from Joey and he opens it on the right page surprisingly "One god with royal blood will never sit on her homeworld's throne, instead he/she will be protecting what Pharaoh Atem left behind, but by taking over the throne of Egypt there will be danger no one can foresee" Joey reads out loud and he starts going through the pages "His name is being put everywhere it should be" Tristan says so Yugi comes over "Well with this book and the one Seto had at home I'd say she is trying to get us on an adventure" he says.

Several years pass by and the gang is now in the university, without Téa who left to go to a dance school "Hey Yugi, think we can check out that weird clothing store after school?" Ryou asks earning a nod "Sure, the designs seem interesting", so they head there and they hear a not so happy customer arguing with the owner "You promised me it'd be here by now" "It is" "I looked everywhere!" "There's a sign with the delivery arrivals counter" a girl cuts in "And it did arrive, I was just waiting for you to use your brain and come over to get it" "You're being rude to a customer" a second girl says "Shut up Opal, he wasn't using his brain", they group goes in and Ryou sees two girls and a boy, all three looking odd "Welcome" Opal says turning to the group "What are you looking for?" she asks, so Yugi says "We're just here to browse" "Ah, newcomers" the male says while the other customer follows the red haired girl "Here we go" she says handing the guy the box and she opens it "That's good, don't expect me to see me again" he says taking the box and Opal says "You said that last time". The door falls close and seconds later a boy walks in holding two letters, the red haired girl instantly hugs him "Relax" he says, so the silver haired boy says "You're free for the rest of the day sis" "Got it!" she says and the boy, looking awfully like Yugi, not counting the fact he has a tan like all the others in the shop, waves before leaving with the girl. "Well we have all sorts of things" Opal says, so Ryou looks around the shop "This fashion is really old" he says walking to a coat, one similar to what the shop owner is wearing "This is rumored to be the kind of clothes the gods wore, the girl who left has complete sets at home" Opal says and Yugi walks to another part of the shop "Egyptian style clothes" he says and suddenly something clicks in his mind "Ryou, that girl who left is Ruby!" he says and Silver smiles "That's correct, she's my little sister".

The next day at school Ruby and Atem are walking to the university "Get started first thing in the morning" Ruby complains and she straightens out her skirt "I bet you'll get lots of fans" Atem says putting his arms around her "Please come in and introduce yourself" the teacher says so the two walk in "I'm Ruby Knight" Ruby says with a slight bow and Atem chuckles "I'm Atem Muto" he says, Yugi's eyes widen, since so far he's the only one who know who they are "Take your seats", the day goes by quickly and it seems both the newcomers are quite popular, much to Seto's annoyance "You two, why are you more popular then I am?" he asks, so Ruby crosses her arms "Because Seto Kaiba, I'm obviously the best looking girl in the school and Atem here is way better looking then you are" she says and Seto raises an eyebrow "Ruby?" he asks earning a nod "You're still with that guy?" he asks so Atem says "That's a stupid question Kaiba", they walk off and are joined by Mana, who hugs both of them "At least she can live a normal life now" Yugi says and Seto sighs "True and they seem to have some memories left" he says and he walks the opposite way of the trio.