Chapter 60

About two very boring and peaceful weeks later Ash interrupts a meeting, having the biggest smile on his face they've ever seen "Ash I-" "Mom look!" he says not letting her finish and he hands her the book "Interesting" Jack says "You'll train me now right?" Ash asks while the god of winter looks at Ruby, who's plucking dirt from under her nails and pretending not to be interested "If we can continue" Silver says making Ash rub the back of his head "Sorry" he says "The bridges are fully functional" Seto says "And fully automated" he adds, but Ruby notices Mokuba isn't paying much attention, so afterwards she walks over to him "Something wrong?" she asks "W-well I'm not sure you could help me" he says when they sit down "I can't if I don't know what's wrong" she points out looking at the sky "It's... I found someone I really like" he mumbles "But she doesn't know I'm a god and I feel like I should tell her, but-" "You're not sure if being honest in this case helps" she says earning a nod "You met her family yet?" she asks "Yeah, but now she wants to meet mine and it's confusing. I know Seto won't come, since he's busy" "So which timeline is it. I'm curious about this person you met" "Egypt?" he asks "At least I think" he adds "Alright, lets go" Ruby says dragging him along after standing up.

She can understand why he's not sure "This is Egypt, that's the temple Angel made" she says "She's this way" he says so they walk over and Ruby noticed he changed their outfits "Is that a statue of Ash?" she asks looking at the palace ruins "And Angel" Mokuba says pointing to the one next to it "Why are we walking towards the ruins?" "Mokuba I was beginning to think you weren't coming to visit this month!" someone yells and he nearly loses his balance from the random hug "Course I would, I've just been busy" he says hugging back "Amy this is Ruby, my big sister" he adds "Ruby this is Amy" "Nice to meet ya" Ruby says making the girl inspect her "You look familiar" Amy mumbles "Really?", the two get pulled along to an house and Mokuba shrugs at Ruby "Mom, do we still have tea?" she asks "Of course dear" a woman says "I'll go and grab it for you", however upon seeing Ruby she stops "Amy who's that?" "Oh that's Mokuba's older sister, Ruby" Amy says "Is that a problem?" "No not at all, she just reminds me of someone" "It's nice to meet you two, if you don't-" Ruby gets cut off by Mokuba who kicks her, granted it didn't hurt, but it works "Sore topic" he mumbles "Alright. What happened to the palace?" "It was destroyed a long time ago, no one knows how or why? Just that the current queen at the time went missing for a week before she was found" Amy says as they sit down "Alright, better question, what year is it?" "It's been... a few thousand years since fall of the palace" the older woman says "But we're rebuilding it, which would work better if there wasn't a barrier around it". Mokuba sighs as he walks next to Ruby "So you're not angry?" he asks earning a chuckle "Mokuba from everyone I am the last person who's allowed to be angry for this" she says putting an arm around him "I keep forgetting that" "But I never had to tell him" she mumbles, it's weird how he kept his memories and she didn't, according to him she stayed at the palace before Silver and Summer saved them "Well here it is" Amy says and Ruby walks over "Everyone who tries to get through gets burned" Amy says showing her upper arm and Ruby sighs "Dark fire" she says earning a confuses look from the girl, so she shows her shoulder "It's best to leave it as it is, right?" Mokuba asks "Just until my brother looks into this, dark fire is... lost magic, no one knows how to use it and no one has a book about it" Ruby explains and she sighs, well at least it wouldn't be boring.

Silver is cooking when she returns, Mokuba wanted to stay a bit more and she quickly explains the situstion "I see" he says "Could be that there's a magical articlfact" he adds "Then it's not one of ours, the timeline is also far far in the future" she says "You said there were statues, anything suspicious about them?" "Just that they're crumbling, but they're not man made, whatever happens that causes the palace to be destroyed or seemingly destroyed anyway will happen, but that person will also put up statues for Ash and Angel". Silver sighs "There's one person here who can learn dark fire magic. Mokuba was never supposed to visit that time Ruby, no one is, we leave the future alone" "He said he was drawn to it" she says "We need to talk him out of visiting". Mokuba comes back after dinner and Silver sighs "Mokuba I'm sorry" he says "But I have to forbid you to visit" "B-but-" "I'm aware, but if you don't-" Silver stops, not sure how to say it "Whatever of whoever is in the building Mokuba, is directly or indirectly linked to you, the future you" Ruby says "Atem and Angel are gods of magic, but they don't know that kind of magic, it's lost magic, the only person able to learn it is from nothing is you, I'm sorry, she seems like a nice girl, but you're putting your own future on the line if you go" "But what should I tell her?" Mokuba asks making the siblings look at each other "That you'll see her again in the future" Ruby says "I know it's hard, I know it'll break your heart, but sometimes, not interfering is what's best, trust me, I had to wait five thousand years", she crouches down and puts her hands on Mokuba's shoulders "But she has no one" he says "Ruby, Mokuba, move away from the portal" Silver says so the two look at it before moving and Silver tries to close it, but lightning starts coming from the portal "Come on close" Ruby says watching Silver try to reach for a rune. It closes when he deactivates it, but the lightning hits him "Silver!" she yells running over to catch him "Mokuba get Bella and Evelyn!", not five minutes later the two run in "Who's telling Summer?" Bella asks while Evelyn uses her magic to scan for injuries "I will" Mokuba says "It's my fault". Summer gets pissed off, but not as badly as Mokuba had thought "He'll be fine" Bella says "Not the first time he got hit by lightning" she adds making the two look confused "Once as a kid thanks to Sapphire's out of control magic, another time when he was a teen and Ruby got stuck in the forest during our yearly thunderstorm and now, he'll be fine, you can go see him if you want". Ruby is already there, asleep in her chair and Summer realizes that she's not the only one who's worried as hell "I'll take her to bed" Atem says walking in "Please do" Bella says and she sighs, Ruby probably knew already, but that lightning wasn't normal, why else would she keep pacing around "There'll be no last damage" Evelyn says as Bella drags Summer over to another bed on her half "Lay down, you've been a bit slow and emotional as hell", at that Summer goes pale "Great..." she mumbles with a groan.