Chapter 51

"Hand these to as much people as possible" Angel says shoving the box back into the storage room "But how will that protect us from him?" Mai asks "It will protect you against the monsters" Angel says as she stands up "I have to return to the moon temple" "What's the meaning of this?!" a man asks before the door's opened quite roughly "What are you talking about?" Solomon asks while Angel hides behind Joey and Mai "Who killed the creatures?" Atem asks, his eyes scanning the room "Do we look like we can kill them?" Yugi asks "Not exactly, but you never know" Atem comments "Now what are you two hiding?" he asks looking at the two blondes "We're not hiding anything" Mai says, Atem walks over and he raises an eyebrow seeing a wolf pup "Interesting pet" he says "However you know the rules", when he's gone, really gone Angel changed back "We have to offer something each year" Solomon says "And the offering decide how good your life will be" Yugi adds "What's the rule with pets?" Angel asks "They have to stay indoors" Téa says "It's a pain in the ass, but he doesn't want any pets outside, but he seems to have no problem with my cat roaming free" "Cats" Angel mumbles "That's it!", she makes a mirror appear and taps it a view times "Jack" she says "Fun fact, he's ignoring cats" "Probably because he has a cat" Jack says and he sighs "Evelyn found a way to communicate with an old friend, those laptops she brought with her, quite handy" "Which timelines are left?" "Evelyn has hers covered, but you need to come back, how are things in Domino?" "They're protected against the monsters" Angel says "But I'll come back and get to work in Egypt" "Hurry", Angel sighs and hangs the mirror on the wall "Gotta go" she says "And keep us updated".

It's obvious that Jack's having trouble keeping the portal open "Jack" Isis says walking towards the barrier "Whatever you're doing is working, but he's going to destroy the moon temple" "As I feared" Silver mumbles "Come back here" "Silver I only have enough power to let one person through" Jack says, there's not much time to argue so Angel makes a barrier "Grab mom and go" she says "Now!", Jack picks up Ruby and he sighs "Angel-" "Go!" she says, so Jack goes through the portal and the mirror shatters making Angel smile "See you guys later" she mumbles as she changes into a cat and she runs off.

Jack covers his eyes when he wakes up "You're awake!" Sakura says running over to the bed "Ruby-" "Is fine, she's in the sun temple" Silver says walking over "Angel however disappeared" "She'll be fine" Jack says slowly getting up.

Down in Egypt Mahad finds Angel "Mahad, never thought I'd be so glad to see you" she thinks "Let's get you patched up" "Mahad why are you carrying a cat?" Atem asks "I found her near the wreckage of the moon temple, poor thing must've made that her home" "My king" Isis says walking over "Do you have any news about Ruby?" "Nothing I'm afraid, I believe she was killed when the temple came down", the entire room is quiet after that "Mahad patch up the cat, Seth, we're going to see if Ruby survived" Atem says, when Seth closes the door Isis looks at Mahad "We should get her patched up" "I never thought him capable of doing this" Angel thinks looking at Isis "Ruby's too stubborn to die my king, even it she's currently regenerating" Seth says walking into Mahad's study after Atem "Get Mana to find this cat a home" Atem says "Yes my king" Mahad says "Those colors though" Atem mumbles, but he dismisses it.

"Take care of this cuty, she's quite special" Mana says handing a now healed Angel to a family with three kids "Oh nice, you make pottery" Angel says when the door's closed "Young princess, what are you doing? If he finds you-" "He won't if you keep quiet, now let's see what we can do to restore hope here", turns out the vases and flower pots are popular, so Angel makes marking in them "Cute new cat you got there" someone says when Angel miauws "Mana brought her to us" the man says "Phoenix, dragon or both?" "Both" "Here you go then, spread the word about the new designs", during dinner Angel's messing with her food "Remember boys, when the Pharaoh goes through town she's gonna be a cat" the woman says "He's riding through town?" Angel asks confused "Yes, not for a friendly visit I'm afraid" "I've seen his monsters chase people, killed two of them and helped everyone there from one building, now, do you have a mirror I can use?". "Silver, is the barrier weakening?" Angel asks when she's sitting in one of the bedrooms "Yes, but we still can't break it" "Good and bad news from here" she says "Bad news first" Jack says "My dad's going around town collecting money, everyone who can't pay is given a rediculus task" Angel says "The good news is that people are starting to hope again" "Impressive" Summer comments "How'd you do that?" "Carvings in clay flower pots and vases" Angel says "We'll see what we can do from here, but we have good news as well, Ruby moved".

Atem goes by the houses and he's becoming increasingly annoyed when everyone can pay "I don't understand" he says looking at Shimon "You should be happy that everyone's paying", Angel is napping on a nearby chair "This just doesn't make any sense, last week they had nothing" "This is the last house my king" Mana says "I trust you're taking good care of the cat" she says "Yes, as you can see she's napping on the chair" the woman says "How come everyone's able to pay all of the sudden?" Atem asks "I don't know my king" the man says "Liar!" Atem says, Angel narrows her eyes and she jumps to the roof "I really don't know" "My king" Isis says "We can work this out when we're back at the palace" "I will get my answers, one way or another".