Chapter 54

Years have passed since Ra died and Ruby is rushing her daughter to get up on a very important day "You'll be crowned queen today, get up!" she says with a sigh "I don't wanna be queen mom" Angel says, this gives Ruby an idea "Then I will tell Ash he can spend the day with his father, practicing magic" she says walking to the door "I'm up!" Angel says getting up at record speed "You weren't gonna tell him that right?" she asks "Course not, but I didn't know how else to get you out of bed, god you look like a mess" "You looked worse mom". Ruby is meeting with Silver that afternoon and she sighs "You sure we should let them stay together?" Silver asks seeing Ash run around Angel in happiness "Why not?" Jack asks walking over "They're the polar opposite, but get along so well" "She didn't have anyone else Silver, no offense, but Sky's a spoiled brat" Ruby says, this makes her brother smile "I know, Summer's spoiling him" "I'm spoiling Angel, she turned out okay" Ruby counters.

"Let's celebrate Christmas this year" Seto suddenly says during their next meeting, earning more then a few confused looks "It's a holiday, you put up a huge pine tree, decorate it, make food, give presents and simply enjoy the company of your family and friends" Mokuba explains "Sure let's celebrate" Silver says "And you two will be in charge, along with Evelyn who's jumping at the chance of normal holidays". Drake looks at Raven, who's looking awfully down, so he runs up to her after the meeting "You okay?" he asks "Yeah, it's just that my season isn't appreciated" Raven says, but Ruby jumps on her back "Not true, you've just been too busy to notice our haunted maze" she says "Why don't you and Drake head over there now? It'll be fun", Ruby's gone before either of the two can reply though and Drake facepalms, knowing exactly what Ruby meant with that "Let's get this over with" he mumbles, he knows why Ruby and Silver have been playing cupid, but that doesn't mean he's happy about it, in some cases it wasn't even needed, Sakura and Jack were in love long before things went downhill, Sapphire and Seto are absolutely perfect for each other, Evelyn and Yusei surprisingly were caught by him and Opal once, laughing and having a romantic picnic, both denying it when asked. "Ruby's playing cupid isn't she?" Raven asks "Yes she is, but I know why" Drake says "Have you ever read the very last prophecy before we destroyed the book?" "The one that changed when Atem became a god? Yes I have. By the way, why aren't you hanging around Opal?" "Well, remember Yusei and Ruby's motorcycle passion?" he asks earning a nod "They infected my sister and are currently designing a race track" "I see" Raven mumbles. They stop in front of a huge maze and Raven's eyes widen "B-but why didn't anyone tell me?" "We were planning to, but Angel got crowned queen, Atem's still moping, Bella and Evelyn needed the extra help running their clinic in Domino" Drake says "Let's go in".

Ruby nods in approval at the race track hologram "Maybe add a huge jump? We are gods after all" Yusei asks "Good point, let's see..." "Oh, sharper turn and-" "Ruby, Opal, Yusei, time for your yearly checkup" Bella says and the hologram is gone within a second. They continue after their checkup "But where are we placing it, all our islands are full" "How many people would we need to move an island here from the sea of islands?' Yusei asks "Let me add that to the map" Ruby mumbles "Why do we even have that?" Opal asks "To expand" Silver answers walking in "Which one do you need?" "Well..." Ruby trails off, so they show the race track hologram "It's a good idea" he says "But you only added one jump?" "Adding another one now" Opal says and she grabs the blueprints before running after the others.

Angel has trouble not yawning, this guy is treating her like a kid, which she understands, somehow, but it's still rude "Angel, the next one is here" Ash says with a motion to the hallway "Let him in". "Here's the new trade agreement" the man says, succesfully silencing the other one "I see, but we don't have a huge amount of silk, you know that right?" "I know" "Well it seems nothing else has changed, alright then, however, I need some help building a tomb for someone special, for two people actually" "You can count on my help". The young queen turns back to the other guy "Can you get to the point now?" she asks "And stop treating me like a kid. I swear I'll have mom come over sometimes to talk about that".

"Angel what's wrong?" Atem asks sitting on his daughter's bed "They treat me like a kid you can't say things to that are oh so very complicated" she says "Ruby wasn't taken seriously either. In fact, one king actually terminated the trading contract because he wouldn't do business with a woman, goddess or not" Atem says "And yes you're young, but the next time someone doesn't take you seriously ask if they can reschedule for a few years later" "How would that help dad?" "Show them the opposite of what they expect".

Bella and Evelyn are not happy in the slightests seeing what the three are building exactly "Let them" Silver says as Seto and Sapphire finish the bridge "We'll be careful" Opal says, Yusei had asked the trick to flying earlier, the goddess of spring hadn't asked why he needed to know, but she's find out. "I'm gonna be late" he says "Sakura promised to teach me more about the care of creatures" he explains "Have fun" Opal and Ruby say at the same time "Where's Drake?" Ruby asks "Keeping Raven company while she explores every last bit of the maze" Opal says "And you seem awfully pleased with that" "Oh I am. You realize that Drake's the only guy still single right? Not counting Mokuba but that guy is impossible. Oh lets move the giant two hills closer and make two jumps one where you have to jump through a ring of fire" "Way ahead of you" Opal says making the needed changes.

Angel has yet another meeting she's rather have canceled, luckily Ash is there to keep her from going insane "Ash, is there room in my schedule for this in about... four years?" she suddenly asks "Not sure, I'll have to check later" he says, somewhat confused by the question "Okay then, come back in a few years, I'm hungry because you keep dragging on and on with your explanation" Angel says, obviously directed at the man in front of her "But you're-" "A kid who has more knowledge then you ever will in your life" Sky cuts in smoothly "It's painful to even listen to it, how do you handle it?" "Easy, I listen to the parts that are important, didn't even hear most of what he said if I'm honest". Angel instructs some guards to take their guest back to the front door as she drags Sky and Ash towards the kitchen.