Chapter 59

The portal is still open, but when Silver goes through he glares at the creature "It's eye is the weak spot" Ash says "That's where the beams come from" Noah adds "Can we stop it?" Sky asks "Not sure, the reason Ruby and Atem would hide is because their magic regenerates insanely fast, same with Angel" Silver answers "So technically they could break the spell it puts on them?" Jack asks "An older Ruby, sure, but...", Silver looks at his sister, an ice spell hits the monster and the group turns to the nearby building to see Atem "You know, their weakness is ice" he says holding up a book "Would've been nice to know that earlier" Ash says and he adds "Ice I can do" "Course you can" Jack says "Atem, Silver, try to break the spell on Ruby" he says readying his spell "On it" Atem says "By the way, when does Ruby get taller than me?" Silver asks looking at the kids "Eh... no clue, well technically she's only taller for a short while, but the difference is small" Noah says. The two gods of winter manage to freeze the creature and Atem breaks the stone around around Ruby at the same time "Now what?" Sky asks "Break it into tiny pieces?" Jack asks "You guys should leave" Silver says "Right" Ash says "But still-" "Go before I close it" Ruby says. Silver cuts the kraken in pieces and Ash stops before he goes through the portal, but Noah pulls him through "Finally" Jack says after Silver teleports them to their side of the barrier "You know, reading up on magical monsters might have been a good idea" Ruby says "But it worked out okay" "Why were you reading that anyway?" Jack asks turning to Atem "I was bored" he says "Right" Silver says, not believing any of it "You don't get bored" "You guys are back!" Summer says hugging Silver "Also... I think Drake lost his mind, Raven's birthday is in a week and he's planning the biggest party ever" "Guess they didn't need much help after all" Silver and Ruby say at the same time making Atem chuckle "Doesn't that leave Mokuba?" "It does, but I tried" Ruby points out "Although... I might have an idea" "You're not getting Mokuba and Bella together, she's not interested at all" "Well damn" Silver says.

Drake does plan the biggest party ever and Ash is messing with his cake "Not hungry?" Angel asks "Mom made it" "I know, it's just, you and Sky know what you'll be in the future, I don't and on top of that there's not even the smallest chance anything fun will happen tonight" "I don't know, seeing Uncle Silver in a drinking contest is pretty fun, Opal, Summer and Sakura are out already" "You're right" Bella says narrowing her eyes at the group as Ruby stands up "Okay she usually lasts longer" Evelyn points out and the two sigh when Ruby grabs Drake's jacket "Are you trying to get everyone to pass out here?" she asks narrowing her eyes at her friend "Of course I am" he says "Atem, can you bring Raven to our room?" she asks "Can you please not punch him?" Jack says calmly while Drake is glaring at him "You realize you probably won't even make it to your room right?" Silver asks "He won't, guess I'll drag him" Opal says earning a chuckle from Jack. Ruby helps cleaning up before heading to bed and she stops in front of her door before opening the door quietly "Typical" she mumbles so she quietly grabs her book and extra stack of clothes before leaving again "Raven's asleep on my bed, Opal put Drake there too, just in her bed" she says seeing Atem's confused look when she enters "And judging from the fact you're carrying a book and extra clothes you figured that would happen" he says earning a nod "Besides, there's nothing wrong with me sleeping here" she points out. Drake is glaring at his sister the next morning, the rest still being asleep, besides Silver, Bella and Evelyn "You can't say you minded" she says "Plus, Ruby won't roast you since she didn't see you" "She did, she took the book she's reading and the clothes she put down for today" Drake says "Your point being?" Opal asks "You're the one who'll get the lecture" Drake answers before he walks off "Mom, dad" Angel says climbing on the bed "Ash is missing" she says "Missing?" Atem asks looking at his daughter who nods "Yeah, I can't find him, or sense him" "He's probably hiding somewhere, try the lakes" Ruby says putting a hand on Angel's head "Nope" "Sun temple?" Atem asks "Hadn't thought of that" Angel mumbles, so Ruby points out "It's a great place to hide". Silver smiles seeing Ruby and Atem enter the room "Opal" Ruby says and she punches the goddess of pranks who turned around at the mention of her name "That's for deciding to be funny last night and dumping Drake in my room" she says "How'd you know it was me?" "I went to bed as one of the last people and you brought Drake to bed while Atem got Raven in bed.

Angel finds Ash in the sun temple "Are you alright?" she asks "Stupid question probably" "I'm fine" he says "Liar" she says sitting next to him "Fine, I can't start training until my name appears in the book" he says "My mom can train you with the basics" Angel says with a smile "She really would?" Ash asks earning a nod "And dad can help with elemental spells" she says "Come on let's go ask" "Did you get taller?" Opal asks looking at Ruby "No, why?" "You seem taller" "Wouldn't be surprised, dad was one of the tallests gods around" Silver says "We just grow a lot slower after we stop aging" he adds "Mom, dad, can you train Ash?" Angel asks "Isn't that Sakura and Jack's job?" Atem asks "Yeah, but they won't unless he's in the book" Angel says "I can't help with winter related spells, but I can try to help, I'll need your parents spell books" Ruby says looking at Ash, who hands them over "Good, meet me at the winter lake after dinner".

"Why are we here?" Ash asks "Your main element is what exactly?" "I'm not too sure...", Ruby thinks for a while "Alright, we'll start with the basics" she says. Jack finds the two sitting against a tree "Atem said I might find you here" he says "Quiet" Ruby says mentioning to Ash, who's laying with his head on her lap, asleep "You trained him?" Jack asks quietly "Of course" Ruby mumbles "I would love to train him Ruby, but-" "Sakura is against it, I know" she says and she remembers the older Ash "Maybe he'll be like you maybe he'll be like Sakura" she says "Or maybe he's the god of winter and spring" she says "It'd make sense and he wouldn't be the first one with two things" she says "I'll bring it up with Sakura" Jack mumbles earning a smile "You ever just wander to one of the lakes and sit down to do absolutely nothing?" Ruby asks "Sometimes when it's dark and we've had a hectic day. Sakura panicked when she couldn't find him", they sit in silence and Ruby slowly dozes off so she rests her head on Jack's shoulder and he sighs looking at the stars, sometimes wondering what would've happened if things hadn't gone to hell.