Chapter 55

Angel, getting more support from her cousin, although he keeps complaining about how she does things, is spending her well deserved free say reading with Ash in the library "Welcome back you two" Raven says trying to get the snow out of her hair "Morning" Ash says while Angel hugs her aunt "What happened to you?" "Funny story-" "She slipped on a hill" Sakura says "Ash, your father needs help at the lake" "Going!". Ruby starts laughing when she hears what happened to Raven "It's not funny!" the goddess of fall yells while she dries her hair "Trust me, you'll laugh about it one day" Silver comments "By the way, where's Drake?" "He said something about helping his sister" "Right" Ruby says, but her tone suggests she doesn't believe a word, she's proven correct when Opal walks in and closes the door and even Atem is surprised to see she's sealing the doors and windows "Drake found the potion recipe for Valentines day, I already sealed the other doors and windows" she says "And that's bad how?" Atem asks "Dad invented it, but never used it because he couldn't perfect it" Silver says "The version we're stuck with doesn't exactly do the job, but why would he need it?" "I honestly don't know" Opal says with a sigh.

Angel is glad Sky is following her around everywhere, especially when she has five meetings on a day "My queen, two of the guests agreed to have the meeting at the same time" is what Mana tells her in the morning "Mana... How come you don't seem to age?" Sky asks "Ruby" the magician answers as she follows the two to the meeting room, where they are met with arguing. "What seems to be the problem?" Angel asks coolly, getting their attention quite easily "You see my queen-" "He has a problem with me" "I have a walking lie detector with me" Angel says, but Sky says "She's not lying" "Oh dear, I think this will be a fix this mess thing instead of an actual meeting" Angel says, but she sits down none the less "Talk" she adds, with more authority in her voice then Sky usually hears in these situations "One at the time" "I'll go and get you some herb tea" Sky says, but his wrist is grabbed and he gets pulled into the chair "Mana, can you bring two cups of herb tea?" Angel asks "Of course, you'll need it, want me to call Ruby as well?" "Please" Angel says and Sky notices there's a chair between them, empty. "You called?" Ruby asks after appearing in a way that she usually does "Ah this again" she says. They solve the issue, somewhat, but Ruby has a glint in her eyes, one the two young gods have seen when she was looking for people to pair together and she's way too observant for anyone's good "So technically, what I gathered from all these situations is that you two worked for the same person, but that person was being unfair to you-" Ruby paused pointing to the woman "-and you didn't do anything about, now you two can't stand each other because one left without a word and the other didn't do enough to ensure you're both have the same job" she says and everyone else in the room is speechless, Angel and Sky wonder how Ruby could have pieced that together without ever asking that stuff and the two are wondering how she got that from a few visits "Was that all?" Ruby asks, but Angel, remembering the last guy she has a meeting with says "Not really, I would have called you later, but I remember Mana mentioning something about a man having something against female rulers" "Yes what about him?" Ruby asks "He should be pretty old by now" "I have a meeting with him, but he thinks Sky is the king of Egypt and I'm honestly terrified what he'll do if he finds out I'm the ruler of Egypt". Ruby sticks around as a cat and she is napping when the old man comes in, Sky showing their previous guest a bedroom "I have an appointment-" "with me yes, take a seat" Angel says noticing Ruby's ears moving slightly "With you?" "Yes with my cousin, goddess of magic, daughter of Ruby and Atem, queen of Egypt and, although I hate to admit it, a better sword fighter then most" Sky says "I'm just part of the moral support" "Part of?" the man asks, so Ruby jumps off the table where she changes back and even with her back facing the poor guy he goes incredibly pale, especially when she turns around "So let me tell you this" Angel says, her face blank "If you want to get rid of our trade route I won't agree to it and you can piss off" she adds "I can here to discus the trade route" the man says "Oh but that was before you realized who's in charge exactly" Ruby comments sitting on the table and at that moment Atem walks in with four cups of herbal tea "Mana's secret blend" he says "Is everything alright sir?" he asks "You- you're supposed to-" "Oh god not this again" Ruby says and she looks at Atem "Everything's fine, as long as he treats our daughter with the respect she deserves" she says with a smile "And if I remember correctly" Sky cuts in, he couldn't tell if Ruby was serious or not, but the man is terrified of her, which is amusing as hell because he wasn't there to see how Ruby did these things "Here's the tricks with these people" Ruby says turning to both of them "If they question if you're fitting to rule ask them what their best skill is and challenge them" she says "What did you do?" Sky asks "Let's not talk about that" Ruby says "My village is in great need of supplies, we have little we can offer, but we have sick people who we can't heal" the man says "Evelyn" Atem says when the girl passes her "Yes my king?" she asks with a bow, it had been hard for Evelyn and Yusei to adjust, so they all just let that pass, plus they do it out of respect "How many supplies would we need to help him?" he asks "I can't say for sure, sorry, what I do know is that more then half the people there are sick" "Get Bella and move them to the city" Angel says "Of course, wouldn't want them to stay with that bastard" Evelyn says before walking off and Ruby grins "See you'rs doing great" Atem says look at Angel "But Ruby, Mokuba mentioned training" "Right right" Ruby says "Good luck you two, you'll need it".