Chapter 52

"Ruby's waking up!" Evelyn yells enrering the throne room in quite a hurry, interrupting a meeting "I don't know how" she adds leaning on a chair "Angel's stuck, she can't do anything at the moment" "She doesn't need to" Jack says "Silver, you should check the temple, now". Silver's surprised to see how many people are praying in the temple "I don't understand" Summer says "I do" Silver says "The carvings, the charms, the symbols, they're all the same in each time" he explains "The dragon represents me, the phoenix Ruby, Atem couldn't destroy all hope when we got trapped because we're not dead" "You realize he'll get to that right?" Ruby asks making everyone turn to her "I feel weak thanks for asking" "Mom!" Angel says appearing in front of her "Something's wrong with dad" "What is it?" Seto asks "He suddenly fainted, but right now he's acting like he's conflicted" "He doesn't want to kill any of us" Sakura says "He forgot Angel and started acting like that because he's grieving" "Grieving?" Bella asks "Isis, she was his mentor, then in order to save him from himself you risk your memories to destroy the book" Sakura says "Hate to say it, but it makes sense" Drake says "Are you guys trying to make me feel better or worse?" Ruby asks walking over "I'm honestly not sure" Silver mumbles "However the barrier's down, I need everyone to divide between the timelines, protect the people, Ruby and I will visit Atem in Egypt, Seto you stay here to watch the kids".

In Egypt Silver has to pull Ruby in an alley when soldiers walks over "Why can't we teleport?" Ruby asks looking at her brother "Because then he'd sense us" is the explanation she gets "With how he is I doubt that" she mumbles, almost at the palace they're stopped "What business do you have here?" "They're the doctors we called" Mahad cuts in "Return to your station", Mana hugs the two tightly "I thought I'd never see you again" she says "Where's Atem?" Ruby asks making the priests look at each other "Where is he?" she asks again, narrowing her eyes.

"He got hurt by accident?" Silver asks "That's what he said" Isis says after a long explanation "No he didn't, he's struggling, trying to get his thoughts in order, that can drive anyone crazy" Ruby says with a sigh "I may have been asleep, but I felt his feeling" "Can you help him as you are right now?" Silver asks earning a nod. "Go away I'm not hungry" Atem says "You know you can't starve to death right?" Ruby asks carefully entering the room "I can try to exhaust my magic" he says, obviously not registering who he's talking to "Considering that you're the god of magic, that's impossible", this make Atem turn around and his eyes widen seeing Ruby "I thought you-" "Were dead? No, impossible" "Stay away" he says when she walks closer, or more like stumbles "Why would I want that?" she asks, but she loses her balance and falls down "You shouldn't even be awake yet" "Silver's probably gonna agree to that" she says getting up "I said stay away" he says when she sits down on the bed and he moves back. "Atem, you have to calm down and listen" Ruby says "I-I don't even deserve it that you talk to me" "Ruby watch out!" Silver yells when an arrow flies in and Atem breaks it in two "Atem you need to focus, why did you send soldiers to the gate?" Silver asks "Mahad did, something about people invading" Atem says "I don't know and I don't care for some reason" "Such a shame, you were so strong" someone says and the three look towards the balcony "You're human right?" Ruby asks standing up "Yes and getting up here was a pain in the ass" the man says and he aims an arrow at Atem, but before he can do anything else Ruby pushes him off "Ruby wait you're still too weak" Silver says running towards the balcony when Ruby falls down too "I'm fine" she says trying to pull herself up again "Silver, you should get to stopping this invasion, Atem's too weak to do anything and there's really only one way to restore my magic" "On it" Silver says jumping down and he transforms into a dragon "Atem" Ruby says once she pulls herself up "You're gonna be fine" "What if I won't?" he asks "I trapped everyone, nearly killed you, Jack and Angel and I acted like a jerk" "You will trust me" she says pulling him into a hug "Now sleep" she whispers putting him to sleep. After making sure Egypt is peaceful again Silver looks at Ruby "You sure she can handle the throne?" he asks mentioning to Angel "No, but Atem needs a break, so I'll stay and prepare Angel for that time" Ruby says with a smile "They trust her, adore her and she saved them" "So did you, multiple times" Jack comments "Ash get over here" Sakura says "But mom, Sky is acting like a jerk" "Were we like that?" Silver asks "In the beginning you were pretty confident and 'Look at me, I'm the crown prince of the gods', after Ruby was born you changed to 'I have the best sister ever', so yes" Summer says "Sky, why don't you keep your cousin company?" Silver asks "But you were gonna teach me how to-" "Keep her company" Summer cuts in "But why? She's the goddess of magic, not the goddess of the sun. I don't want to hang around her" Sky says crossing his arms, this makes Ruby cross her arms "She is the future queen of Egypt, but if you won't respect her she won't have to respect you" she says, this makes Sky back away slightly "While it's true she's a goddess of magic doesn't mean she's not as good as you, we gods don't listen to arrogant rulers" she adds "B-but-" "No buts, Ruby's right" Silver says "Dad almost considered making Ruby the queen of gods because of how I acted, don't make that mistake" "Fine I'll keep her company" Sky mumbles "But don't expect us to get along".