Part 40 - Consequences

Start from the beginning

I let some minutes pass by and as I feel myself stable again, I shoot directly at that woman;

" You really think this is going to work..??

All this drama..??

You do realize that I deal with this kind of stupid flirting sh*t literally everyday..!! "

" Off course I do know that. After all you're considered to be one of the richest and most eligible bachelors.

But why are you telling me that..?? "

Maya replies me brushing me out in an extremely casual way as she eats making me feel even more concerned.

" Because I'm not blind Maya.. I can see what you are trying to do.!! If you really think doing all this is gonna affect me then keep on dreaming.. I don't care about what you're trying to do..!! "

Is what I tell her in my normal tone.

" Well if you don't care as you are saying then why is it bothering you so much..?? "

She questions me only on the very contrary.

" Whatever.. you know what.. I'm not gonna waste my time bickering with you right now..!! I'm done with this.. I need to work..!! "

Is what I use as an excuse to leave from there but I'm stopped as Maya states;

" Wait I'm coming along.. after all you're going to drop me at the NGO today...!! "

" And when did I say that..?? "

I question her sudden interest of me dropping her as before today each time I had proposed to drop her, she had flatly refused me but today....

" You don't need to say that.. I am saying it.. After all I'm your wife.. And my workplace is on your way. Now give me five minutes, I'll get my bag and then we'll leave..!! "

Comes her answer as she finishes eating and gets up from her place and heads to her room.

I just look at her figure going away from me making me realize that yes she's actually very much keen on punishing me for the joke I did.

SOME TIME LATER
IN THE CAR
NICHOLAS POV

It's not even been 10 minutes in this car with Maya and already I can't wait to get rid of her for the day. Maya's been behaving like a typical wife today. Off course she literally overdoing things to irritate me even more, being concerned, caring and behaving as if nothing is wrong between us. This type of care and concern is something that I'm not used to. Something that I don't want to get used to. For a man like me to have feelings means having a weakness and giving my enemies a way to bring me down.

" There.. Now get out.. I'm getting late..!! "

Is exactly what I say as I stop in front of the gates without even looking at her.

But as if determine to make things harder for me, Maya just pulls me near her looking right in my eyes with our noses touching each other and our lips being just inches away. With her sudden action I feel my heart beating even more rapidly which intensifies even more as she moves her nose from mine to my neck, plants a very soft and warm kiss on my cheek and then proceeds to take a deep breath from my neck. And I hear her say as her lips are literally near my ear ;

" Your perfume is intoxicating.. I love it.. "