Trinity :- Chapter 4 :- The Essence of Destiny

• Dedicated to mera2876

Chapter 4 :- The Essence Of Destiny

RECAP :- We are tragically predictable because of our emotions.

Burdened with guilt when confronted by Mark Rossteau's two sons, Richard Gamblin secured his own death. An answer to the simple question of who killed his father had evoked pure shock in Tuomas, leading to a preventable car crash.

Emotion is the essence of Destiny.

I was born with omniscience.

At just three months old my mother was supposed to be killed. As she held me in her arms and comforted me, I knew she was meant to die. I had been waiting for the entire span of my short life for that day.

But I knew how to save her. Simply cry long enough to make her dither a few seconds longer at home. And in doing this I denied fate its demand, and practised free will.

And so it was, like a malignant cancer spreads, the decision to save her had causes and effects, repercussions which threatened to tear this universe apart. In a different parallel universe I was fated to save her, but not here. Here I was cursed to know when she would die, the circumstances, and worse of all why I could not intervene.

It is the ramifications of changing destiny, the consequences of that single decision, that has forced me to do what I do. Many who otherwise would not have died must now be killed to make the world right again. The price of giving my mother five extra days of life.

That incident had taught me to be remote, to look into myself for solace, and to spurn any who would dare to befriend me. Most of all it taught me that Fate can never be denied. The price is never worth it.

I would not wish the curse of omniscience on anyone, not my worst enemies or even the worst humans of all time.

At least thats how I explained it to Travis. The truth, however, is much more complicated than that.

And in thinking this I am reminded of the two lives that have just been extinguished by a head on collision, because of a mistake I made so long ago.

Mark Buchanan should have lived longer. Thierry should have raised a son and daughter and never had killed Richard Gamblin tonight.

But both have to die, for the sake of the human race and the stability of universal order. I knew how to make this so, and in the most easiest manner possible. And like a chessplayer I made my moves, and spoke using prewritten papers only what had to be said, did only what had to be done. Paid my penance to the fickle Fates of Fury.

And as Travis and I drive to within visual range, there is a woman checking for survivors. She finds Mark Buchanan dead in a white Landcruiser - scattered articles in the vehicle's wake leading to a mangled wreckage of metal and crimson flesh. She now peers inside the red Holden ute, where only one has survived. Tuomas. Thierry's decapitated corpse lay serenely in the passengers seat, draped in a manner that prevents the woman from seeing the two shotguns used in the recent armed robbery. Petrol spilled onto the back tray has just caught alight.

"Are you OK?" Karelyn Rodgers yells at Tuomas. "Can you hear me?"

Travis parks our vehicle just a few metres behind Karelyns still running car, and disembarks to survey the scene. He picks up the scent of fresh death, and it invigorates him.

Travis understands me better than anyone else. He is one of the few that realises due to omniscience I am capable of lying for my own advantage. He is the only one in the world that accepts that fact. He accepts all I say without question. He fears no one else but me, for I know his weakness.