Trinity :- The Irony of Truth

RECAP :- It was precisely two hours, seventeen minutes ago from now that Richard Gamblin was brutally killed. Usually such an insignificant loss to the world would not garner further thought. After all, fated deaths occur with such painful regularity around me they arouse little more than merciless apathy.

But Richard was different. A new Trinity was formed after his murder.

The last Trinity.

In rescuing Tuomas from the burning wreckage of the Mustang, and consigning his brother Thierry to the other world, the final peice of the puzzle that is my life was put into place.

Even though I will want to later change my destiny, from now on it has become too late. For to do so now is to destroy my legacy, what I always have been planning towards since the day I was born. What I was fated to leave after death.

Although I know they will understand eventually why I had to act the way I did, for now they must hate me. For it is in their hate, that they will learn to embrace love again.

I am sorry Jacy. You tried to kill me as I slept. Again.

And again, fate consigned you to failure.

I was awoken; saved, by Travis slamming on the brakes to avoid colliding with a cow crossing the highway. If he had not done so, I would be dead now, for you can kill others through their dreamstate. Thus I was saved by a prewritten note I surrepticiously left at Travis' feet.

Jacy, your belief in free will amuses me to no end.

This in itself troubles me, for I knew from the day I was born this emotion would embrace me at this moment.

The guilty pleasure of victory.

How tragic it is, to be enslaved by my own fallible emotions.

Chapter 8 :- The Irony Of Truth

I can picture you now, Jacy, in my minds eye. High above the world, watching the rubble strewn mass you had unleashed at me pound into the upper atmosphere, ignite, and fizzle into non existence. But all you see does not exist in reality anyway. They are mere projections, mental configurations conjured for one purpose alone. And as it fades into obscurity, you see your only friend there, on a windswept beach. Her name is Raphaella, a fellow dreamweaver like yourself.

"Where the hell were you?"

The tincture of condescencion is all too real, such is your hate for me.

Unpertubed, Raphaella continues. "She blocked me out. Shadow knows everything. She cannot be beaten!"

"Shadow is a fake. How many times do I have to tell you? We could have killed her then!"

"Let it go Jacy. I had been asleep for almost two days waiting. The moment I woke up, she fell asleep. She knows the perfect time to sleep. We failed."

You rile at the thought, but your temper falls away on reflection of a comment I had spoken earlier.

"She said that when I wake up, I will meet the man who will kill her."

"Be careful, Jacy. Remember how her words thwarted us last time. How she used our anger to her own ends."

"How can I forget? She killed my teacher. She destroyed my best friend. She bears my greatest emnity and will do so till I see her to the grave."

Raphaella is pessemistic by what the future held. Her belief in my immortality is all pervading, and the source of her ineffectiveness. She tilts her head and poses the tacit question so commonly posed by all my enemies. "Do you think she was lying?"