Trinity :- Chapter 7 :- The Dream Prophet

SPOILER ALERT :- Dream Academy, my story about The DreamTeacher, is a part of the Trinity world. It is a background story to Jacy, one of the many unique characters in Trinity.

As Dream Academy is set a few years before Trinity, the end of that story has already occured.

So as a result, you may find out now how Dream Academy ends, but only if you can read between the lines:)

If you do not wish to know, look away!!!!

But for those intrigued to find out more about Jacy, I suggest you read Dream Academy! I will probably make more background stories to the numerous characters in Trinity, for they all have amazing backgrounds!

But that is for the future.

In the meantime I must prepare the reader for a chapter that twists and turns and may get a little confusing! It kinda confused even me, and I wrote it!

But I love stories that are deep. Real deep. And philosophically challenging. Really philosophically challenging!

Hope this lives up to your expectations!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 7# - The Dream Prophet

RECAP :- We have extracted the GhostTalker from the car accident and proceed in the stolen hire car north, towards Port Hedland.

With Tuomas asleep on the backseat, I allow my mind to dissolve into the ether.

It is with mixed emotions. The guilt of lying to Travis. The intriguing silent, one sided conversation of answer followed by question.

The amusing thought of awakening to a bovine before me.....

And as the tightness of the seatbelt fades into obscurity, my soul reaches out to embrace the gift of slumber.

And as I become aware of my dream state, Jacy senses me nearby. Her skin is prickling with delight. The reverence of my presence. The illusory promise of vengeance against me.

"I know you are here, Shadow. That you only just became aware you're dreaming," she says to me, her words tinged with regret.

Jacy is The Dream Prophet, and the dream before us is the future. The moment I will be killed.

We are on a desert plain that stretches out to the horizon in all directions. She is trying to discover where she is. Where I will die. But the lack of any unique indicators makes it extremely difficult. She will reach down and grab a fistful of desert sand, then let it fall through her fingers, admiring its grainy texture and warmth. The sun, the temperature, and the swirling colours around her suggest afternoon. There is not a tree or shrub in sight.

I look out at the barren landscape before us, and the desolation of unremitting Nature is tainted with the corpses of the soldiers of Free Will.

My future self stands before my killer, arms rising at my sides indicative of my pleasure in accepting encroaching Death.

"Remember our conversation years ago when I first met you," she continues. "When you taught me how to kill you? You told me that true bliss for an omniscient is to be blissfully unaware. And the only place you can escape your omniscience is when you're dreaming. When you are unaware of who you really are, and so by extension unable to defend yourself from my wrath."

Jacy learned from the Dream Teacher how to kill someone in their dreams. From the Dream Teachers greatest student, Serenity, she learned how to have total control of her emotions. This allows her to weave every facet of her dream, as well as the dreams of others. From her dear friend Sinjana she learned how to heighten the emotions of her victims when necessary, for she cannot kill me unless she has access to the deepest source of my emotive power. Thus she was priveleged to have mastered her art under the tutelage of the best Dream Weavers in the world.