- - - No Pulse - - -

T O D O R O K I

I caught her in my arms, my vision blurred as my eyes filled with tears.

No, dear God, please no!

I frantically pulled a wrap from the small medkit at my side and pressed it tightly to her wound.

I held her head up from hitting the ground, and couldn't stop the steady flow of tears streaming down my cheeks.

I looked up to see Midoriya punch the Hero Killer in the face. My mind drew blank as my body trembled with rage.

Making sure her wound was binded tightly, I stood up and took deep breaths as I glared at Stain.

If looks could kill, he would be 10 feet below the ground.

Without planning ahead, I sprinted forwards and ignited my left side, burning Stain's arm and melting a few of his knives. The molten metal dripped onto some of his showing skin, and he grunted in agony as he burned.

Midoriya pushed my chest back and stood in front of me.

"Todoroki you need to calm down! Killing him won't help Y/n!" He turned back towards Stain only to push the both of us out of the way as he threw some more knives at us. Most of them missed, but one caught my left arm, and another dove straight into Midoriya's thigh.

We quickly regrouped, backing up and getting into a defensive position. Stain bent his knees and jumped straight towards us, with a long blade in each of his hands, aimed to slice our heads clean off.

Luckily, he was stopped by a powerful kick from Iida. "Guys I appreciate your help, but please stand back! I was foolish to target him, and you two protected me, but let me protect you now!"

Midoriya and I just both shook our heads in disappointment, Midoriya jumped forwards and yelled with his fist in the air, "Let's all protect Y/n now!"

We jumped into action, working together to take the Hero Killer down. We attacked, and dodged, and attacked some more.

Thanks to a calculated move, I was able to freeze Stain's legs, which allowed Midoriya to land the final punch.

We won.

As the Hero Killer fell limp to the ground, completely knocked out, we all took ragged breaths.

As soon as I managed to breathe properly I ran over to Y/n's body, immediately checking to see if she was still breathing.

I watched her chest, completely still.

I looked at her stomach, nothing.

I felt my heart clench around itself as I frantically grabbed her arm to check her pulse. Despite my previous attempt to calm my breathing, it just seemed to get faster and faster.

No, no, no! Please no! Please don't die! Please don't be dead!

I held my fingers tightly to her wrist, and froze.

I stopped breathing, scared I would miss her pulse.

I sat there, nothing.

I sat there for longer, nothing.

I felt my eyes fill with tears, and my body began to shake as distraught sobs racked my body.

I moved my hand up to her neck, praying, begging, for a single sign of movement. A single beat of her heart.

I waited, nothing.

I waited longer, nothing-!

I felt something! I pushed my fingers harder into her neck, and I felt it again.