- - - First Day - - -

If you are not a racing fan, here is some terminology that would be helpful. You can refer to it throughout the chapter if you do not understand something. It will also be at the end of the chapter if you're closer to finished, so you don't have to scroll all the way to the top to get the definition of a word.

Start/Finish : The checkered line that marks the end of a lap, and the start or finish of the race.

Restart/Restart zone : A line marking where drivers can begin speeding up before they reach the start/finish line after a caution has been changed to green.

Green : Green flag, drivers can go as fast they want, pass other drivers, and race.

Caution/Yellow : the drivers may go around the track at a maximum of 50mph, cannot pass other drivers. Cautions are usually caused by wrecks, or debris on the track. There are also Competition Cautions, that will be made known before the race, usually taking place after 20 laps have been completed.

Backstretch: the portion of an oval race track on the opposite side of the start/finish line, usually the far side if the grandstands as well.

Turns : I'll say, "Going into 1 and 2." That means you are turning into turns 1 and 2.

Crew Chief : The crew chief is the person who calls the shots. They are the ones that get the race car set up for the driver to have success.

Chassis : (pronounced cha-seas) The skeleton or body of a car. (Basically a car without the windows, electrical components, wheels/tires, etc.)

Drafting : 3D Modeling done using various computer soft wares that engineers use to create designs for parts/assemblies that they want to create.

Throughout reading, if there is anything you don't understand, comment on the section/word and I will respond with the definition and add it to this list. Thank you. 

Y/N

Y/N

I got my suitcase from baggage claim and made my way to the front. Although I hated them at the time, I'm glad my parents made Tadashi and I take English lessons when we were younger, they're starting to come in handy.  

I saw a man in front of a silver Porsche Cayenne, holding a sign with 'O6' on it. I was surprised they used my hero name, I'm not yet used to being called that.

I walked over to him, "O6?" I nodded my head as he grabbed my suitcases and put them into the trunk after holding the door open for me.

I was a little nervous, I'm a fifteen year old in a new country all by myself, doing something I've never done before. It's a little nerve-wracking.

It was about an hour drive, but we finally reached the headquarters my eyes widened in amazement. I can't deny that I'm rich, I have a nice house and I've been to a lot of nice buildings, but some of the things that people build and create still amaze me.