chapter 16

My phone was ringing on the table, but I was too lazy to get it.

"Kayla, can you get it?" I yelled out.

She sighed and walked over to the kitchen table. "It's Shawn," she said, raising an eyebrow.

I snapped up, and took the phone from her. She winked at me, and left the room.

"Hey, what's up?" I said.

"Nothing, just wondering if you wanted to hang out," he replied.

"Of course!"

"Okay, meet by the usual spot. I'll pick you up," he told me.

"Alright, see ya."

I said that casually, but inside, I was practically squealing with excitement. It was weird really. I'd only met him like two almost three weeks ago, but it'd been enough for me to finally find a guy who seemed like he genuinely cared about my well being. Not that I needed a guy to do that for me, but it'd been a while. 3 years to be exact.

Speaking of that, Cam was nowhere to be seen. I guess he'd gone back to filming. Probably a good thing.

~

I quickly changed into some presentable clothes, and went down to meet Shawn.

His face visibly lit up, and it made me smile, because I've probably said this a million times, but his face was just too cute.

"Hey," he said, hugging me.

"Hi," I answered. "Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise," he said, with a glint in his eyes.

I groaned. I hated surprises. "Please?"

He shook his head, and got into the car.

I sighed, and got in as well. I sure hope it was somewhere fun.

~

"Oh my god, Shawn! I love rollercoasters; are we seriously in Six Flags?!" I screamed with delight.

He covered his ears, and then smiled at me. "You know, it never fails to amuse me how you haven't been to half these places when you've lived here for 3 years."

"Because I didn't really live those 3 years," I said, looking down. I'd never really had anyone to live it with, excep Kayla, but she couldn't spend every waking moment with me. Just because I was a loner doesn't mean she was, too.

"Hey, cheer up, you've got the guys and me now," he said, tilting my chin up.

I looked at him in the eyes, and nodded. "Thank you," I said, genuinely meaning it.

He smiled, and gave me a quick kiss. It was enough to make my heart seem as if it was about to fall out of my chest.

"Let's go," he said, extending his hand out. I grabbed it, and we set off to Full Throttle.

~

"So, what's with you and Cam? You never really told me," he said.

We were currently sitting at a table eating our pizza for lunch. The pizza was so good, meaning my mood was also really good, and of course, he has to bring that up.

I put my pizza down. I had to tell him eventually; I couldn't hold out on him forever. "Well, basically, we were best friends, or so I thought, but I guess we never really were, because he ditched me one day to hookup with this one girl, and then saying it was a project, and like who does that to a best friend, right? And then, I was like, okay, I'm just going to push myself away because I realized that I liked him, and it's always the worst thing to do, fall for your best friend, and so we didn't talk. Then, it was his birthday, so it would have just been plain selfish if I hadn't done anything, because it's not like he was never a part of my life, so I said happy birthday, and we were cool," I said, pausing to take a deep breath, and to check on Shawn if he was still listening to my ramble.