chapter 10

*3 years later*

"Capital of Portugal?"

"Lisbon," I answer.

"I'm dead. Can we please take a coffee break now?" Kayla asks, sounding frustrated.

"Okay, fine," I said, agreeing. After all, she'd helped me study for our history final for 3 hours, when anyone could see she could care less about it.

It's been 3 years since I graduated high school, and I'm just about done with my junior year at UCLA. I'd gotten in with Kayla, and there was no way I was going to say no to that. My life has been pretty much the same every day; nothing exciting really happens to me. My mom and dad still live in North Carolina, and I take the opportunity to visit them every once in a while.

Anyways, back to the present.

"It's literally freezing, and it's so close to summer. What the hell?" Kayla asked, sighing in relief as we walked into Starbucks.

"Girl, it's California, haven't you figured it out already? The weather's bipolar here," I said, chuckling.

"You got that right," someone said, behind us.

I turned around, towards the voice. "Hi?"

A guy, who looked about our age, was standing there. He was pretty cute, I'd say. "I'm Shawn, Shawn Mendes."

"Oh, hey, I'm Ashlyn, and this is Kayla" I said, pointing to Kayla. His name sounded familiar, but I wasn't sure where I'd heard it before.

"What are you girls doing here?"

"Going on a safari, you?" Kayla said, in an exasperated tone. She wasn't one to appreciate oblivious people.

Shawn chuckled. "You're quite the sassafras, aren't you?"

"Um, isn't that a type of tree?" I asked, rolling my eyes.

He shrugged. "I think so, but it always reminds me of someone with a sassy attitude."

I laughed. "So, how old are you?"

"20, you?"

"Same!" I said.

"I'm 21," Kayla says. "In case you were asking me too."

Shawn laughed at that. "You guys seem pretty cool!"

"Thanks, you too," I replied.

*ping*

"Sorry guys, but I got to go. My mom wants me to head home for dinner tonight. Disadvantage of having your mom in the same city as you," she said, sarcastically. I knew she liked the fact that her mom moved with her; they were really close, especially since her dad had left when she was younger.

"Alright, that's cool. Tell her I say hi," I said.

"Bye!" Shawn said.

"Oh shit," I said, realizing something.

"What?" Shawn asked.

"I don't have a ride anymore"

"Don't worry, I got you," he replied, smiling.

"Thank you so much," I said, genuinely meaning it. There was no way I wanted to walk back to campus in the cold.

"So, do you go to college or?" he asked.

"UCLA, I'm a junior," I told him.

"Oh, cool. Is it fun?"

"Eh, sometimes. You?"

"I decided to hold off till I got the time to."

"Why?" I wondered.

"I decided to focus on my singing career after high school," he said.

"Oh, you sing?" I asked.

"Yeah, you haven't heard of me?"

"Your name did sound familiar, but I'm sorry, I don't really keep up with the happenings of today," I said, laughing. I really didn't have time to anyways.

After we were done drinking our drinks and eating, we got up, and headed towards his car.

"I can't believe myself right now," I said.

"What?"

"I'm getting in a car of someone who I just met like half an hour ago," I explained.

He laughed. "Trust me, you can trust me."

I raised my eyebrows.

"That was a lot more repetitive than it sounded in my head," he said awkwardly.

I chuckled. "Okay, let's go homeboy."

"Already homeboy, huh?"

"I guess, I don't know that many people anyways."

He looked at me. "Hey, do you want to meet my friends tomorrow? It'll only think a while, and then I can take you sightseeing at Hollywood, since I'm guessing you haven't done that yet."

I glanced over at me. "Seriously?!" I've always wanted to do that, but my nerd instincts always took over.

"Yeah, of course," he said, laughing, probably at my excitedness.

"Sounds cool," I agreed.

Life was finally getting sort of fun.

****A/N:

hope you guys liked this chapter. today was the first day I sat down and planned out future chapters, and I got to pretty much the end. I obviously still have to work out a details and fit things together, better, but I have a lot clearer of an idea where this story is headed, and how I'm going to portray it. a lot of this story is truly going to be a fanfiction, so don't expect a ton of things to be true (ex: shawn is not 20 in real life)

I also found a cast (: thanks to @camsoneandonly!!

aaalso thanks for 900+ reads! so close to 1k! I honestly didn't think anyone would read this story haha. thanks x a billion to those that have been reading it and commenting and voting!!

last but not least, my updates will probably get slower since school's starting up :-( hope u guys understand. if i could update every day, I would. it's actually so much fun!! (:

oh and HAPPY NEW YEAR do what you want and rock this year, make 2015 YOUR year!! wishing all the best for all of u 💕

comment//vote//follow//share (:

A Simple Secret (A Cameron Dallas Fanfiction)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara