chapter 28

I'm so tired. So, so, so tired. I'd been studying all day and all night for my finals the last two weeks and I'd just finished my last one, and I'm finally done with them all. The last weeks had gone by really fast and I was finally done with my third year of college! Unbelievable. I still feel like the little girl I used to be who had barely any worries in the world and all I did was just play with my friends.

Mainly Cam. Who I was utterly confused about.

I knew I had feelings for him, but I was just so scared to act upon them. I didn't know...where it would all lead to. He was just so busy, had so many people looking up to him, and his mom, who wasn't doing so well, was another situation he had tons to worry about.

I know he needed someone to be by his side, and I was more than happy to be that person. I always called him, went to check on him, and made sure he had everything he needed. But, both of us knew that we wanted more.

It was just fear standing in the way. Fear of not knowing where we would end up. Fear of something going wrong and us losing everything we'd ever had.

And was it worth it? To ignore the fear and push through it to be with someone you really like? Or even love?

Did I love Cam?

Of course, I mean I'd known him my whole life, basically. He was the main male figure in my life since my dad left, and I'd spent so much of my life with him. The only thing was I'd only ever loved him as a friend. But deep down, I know that I had loved him more than just that. I'd loved him as someone special to me.

And I guess I still felt that way.

The effect he had on me was ridiculous. I can't help but admit that every time I go to call him or even visit, I get nervous on just the thought of seeing him. Yes, his mere presence and looks make my knees weak, but the way he acts with me and looks at me just make it worse.

He's just so...good. I won't say perfect because I hate saying someone is perfect because we all have flaws in us. You just have to be able to see past them. Just like I've been doing with Cam.

Anyways, breaking my thoughts, walked in Kayla. "It's summer!" she squealed and jumped on top of me.

"Kaylaaa," I choked out. "Get off of meeeee.""Sorry! I'm just so excited! I've been waiting for this for so long," she said, sounding too cheerful for my current mood.

I just nodded.

"C'mon, cheer up girl, we're going to the movies! Let's watch Pitch Perfect 2!"

"Again?"

"Wait, you've already watched it?"

"Yeah."

"When?"

"With my mom when she came down to visit." Yep. That's how sad my life is.

Well, it's not sad. I love my mom. Nothing wrong with that whatsoever.

"Oh. Well, I got two tickets...will you please come?"

"Why don't you go with Matt?"

"He's busy."

In the last few weeks, Kayla had been getting increasingly closer with Matt and it was obvious something magical was in the works. Most would have thought her and Shawn would have been the deal but she deserved better than being a rebound and Shawn was too busy with his T-swift 1989 tour anyways.

Which by the way, I am so proud and happy for him. Started out posting Youtube videos not expecting much, and now he's sharing the stage with Taylor Swift. Like what even.