chapter 21

"Where's Shawn?" I asked Carter, who was sitting on the couch.

It's been two days since I'd had a real conversation with him since I was usually with Cam helping him with coping and all that. I mean we'd made small talk, but he was my boyfriend I figured I owed it to him.

"He said he had to go somewhere. I don't know where though," he said, without looking up from his phone.

Okay then. I guess I'd wait for him to come back then. I hope he wasn't mad at me. I hadn't meant to spend the entire day with Cam, and I'm sure Shawn understands. But I still help but remember the weird look on his face when Cam hugged me. It's like he knew something I didn't.

Shawn came back in the evening, looking tired. I rushed over to him, concerned about what he would say.

"Hi," I said uncertainly. "Where were you?"

"As if you would care," he replied.

I looked at him shocked. "What?"

So he was obviously mad. Great.

He pushed past me without answering, and I decided to give him space, before realizing that if I did that, he'd really think I didn't care when I really did.

I knocked on his door, and he yelled at me to go away. I pushed open the door, and glared at him. Even if he was mad, it's not like I'd done anything that bad to be treated like this.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked.

He looked at me. "Nothing?"

"Stop it. Something's bothering you, and I don't know what it is, but clearly, it has something to do with me," I said, a hint of annoyance in my voice.

"Why don't you just leave me alone and go to Cam?"

My mouth dropped. "What the hell?"

He kept staring at me. "In the past 3 days, you've spent more time with him than me. And last time I checked, I was your boyfriend, not him."

Where was this even coming from? Was he really that jealous?

"Are you for real?" I asked.

"What? Do you think I haven't realized how you look at him? It's so obvious you like him. It's like I'm not even there half the time! It's always, 'I need to talk to Cam' or 'I wonder how he's doing' but NEVER is it 'Where's Shawn, I haven't talked to him in a while'," he said with frustration lining his voice. He stood up just as I walked over to him.

I was really mad at this point. I didn't even get him. All I was doing was helping our friend. How does that imply that I like Cam?

"I don't even get you right now. In case you forgot, his mom has fucking cancer. And I'm pretty sure that's a valid enough reason for me to be concerned about his well being."

"Okay, but it's like you literally don't even see me anymore," he said, his voice lowering.

I felt bad, but the way he had approached this was still making me mad.

"I understand, but you didn't have to come at me like this. All you had to do was talk to me. Besides, you haven't even been around lately. Where've you been?"

"Just around. Studio. Music's coming out soon," he said stiffly.

I had a feeling that wasn't the entire story, but I didn't want to push it further than this. I mean, we've been going out for almost a month and a little bit more, and we're already fighting. I nodded. "Alright."

"Now can you go please? I'm tired," he said, laying down on his bed.

Okay that's it. I'm not even going to try to be nice at this point. He was being so inconsiderate. I nodded. "You know what? Yes, I'll leave, but don't expect to me to come back until you fix this messed up version of yourself, because I know this isn't you."

And with that, I walked out of the room.

***A/N:

filler chapter sorry it sucks i know

also im soso sorry this is SUPER late but i will try to update again soon i've just been so busy and i keep getting busier

i know some of u left and i miss you a lot but hopefully some of u r still here

love u!

also the media has nothing to do with this chapter but LOOK AT OUR BOYS IN THEIR CUTE UNIFORMS i can't wait for their movie omg