chapter 27

I just stared at her. "What?" I asked.

"I said, I-"

"No I heard what you said. What as in what the hell," I said, standing up. It was obvious the way she was acting that it was when Shawn and I were still together.

"I'm sorry, I-" she started, tears running down her face. "I don't know what I was thinking I-"

"Oh my god, shut up, would you?" I snapped. Even though Shawn and I hadn't worked out and I hadn't had as strong feelings for him, I couldn't help but feel betrayed. She was my best friend, for heaven's sake, and she kissed my boyfriend.

What the actual f-

"When was this?" I asked, cooling down a little.

"A couple weeks ago," came the answer in a tiny voice.

I knew it. It was the night of our fight. He'd run off to the "studio" which apparently now is Kayla's house. Nice.

"Didn't know your house was renovated into a studio," I cheekily said, my voice dripping with sour sarcasm.

"What?" she said, looking confused.

"He lied to me because of you. So I can't really say it's all on you. He told me he went to the studio, but little did I know that he was over at your house exchanging saliva," I laughed.

She looked down. "It was only a few-"

"It was only a few kisses?!" I swear to the beings above, this girl was stupid.

She didn't look up. "Are you guys good?"

I didn't answer her. That is, until she began to sob her entire body's water storage out. "No, we're not. Now will you please shut the fuck up because I don't understand why you're the one crying anyways."

She only got louder. "No, no no. This wasn't supposed to happen. He told me *hiccup* that *hiccup*-" she got out before I stopped her and handed her some water.

"What did he tell you?" I asked softly.

"He told me that you were going to leave him soon, and that you were in love with Cameron and that were going to leave him [Shawn] for Cam," she stated. "And then I was trying to comfort him but then he came onto me all of a sudden, and I pushed him off the first time but then he begged me just for the night because he was feeling sad and I was feeling lonely anyways so I agreed, but I swear I didn't mean anything by it, I'm sorry I-"

I put my hand on her hand in an attempt to get her to calm down. "Kayla, stop. Look at me."

When she finally looked me in the eyes, I began to talk. "I'm not mad okay. Well, of course I am, but I know that I can see past it because it was obvious you didn't mean to hurt me or him in any way. Besides you deserve so much more than a pity kiss. And also, we didn't necessarily break up because of you," I said, hearing her sigh in relief. "I guess I just never really liked him as much as I thought I would," I added, my voice lowering by itself.

"Because Cam," she whispered.

I looked at her and then looked down at the floor. "I don't know," I said quietly. "Sometimes I feel like, he's such a great friend and such a good person and it's obvious he's changed for the better, and I can't help but feel tingles and sparks in my body when I talk to him or accidentally touch him, but then there's times when I feel like he's too busy and too worried about his mom and I don't know, there's so much going for him, I don't want to hold him back from anything," I admitted.

Kayla put her arm around me. "No, Ashlyn. You don't understand the effect you have on him. He needs you. He needs you to be by his side, to be there to help him right now as he figures himself out with all that's going on."

I looked at her. "But I am, at least I'm trying to be. I talk to him all the time!" And it's true, I'd spent most of my free time with him for most of my break.

"As friends right?"

"Yeah?" I replied, unsure of what she was getting at.

She smiled lightly and shook her head.

"Ash, that boy is in love with you."

A/N: sorry this is kinda really bad and super short but it's okay because I will probably update gain asap bcuz i finally finished exams altho i have more in like 3 weeks sooo lol but ill try

but ya hope u guys somewhat like it idk but i feel like the story is finally starting to work a lil :)