chapter 19

The movie was pretty intense. We'd ended up watching "The Boy Next Door." I don't know if I really liked it, but I mean it was funny when Shawn kept clinging to my arm during the scary parts. Who knew he was so innocent?

Anyways, we were currently sitting in Olive Garden, me devouring my pasta greedily.

"Someone's a little hungry," Shawn said, laughing.

"I haven't eaten since like breakfast."

"It's been 4 hours. Do you know how long that is? 240 minutes. 14400 seconds. That's a huge number," I said.

Shawn raised his eyebrows, shaking his head. "You're stupid."

"I beg to differ."

He chuckled and bent down to check his phone. "Oh, look Nash nominated for the Ugly Selfie Challenge. Wanna do it with me?"

I shook my head. "Nah, you do it. It wouldn't be ugly if I'm in it."

He glared at me jokingly and then took a quick selfie. "This good?"

I gasped. "What the hell?"

He glanced at me. "What?"

"That's not even ugly," I said, meaning it. Literally all he'd done was make a silly face that was legit not even close to ugly.

He smirked. "Guess it isn't possible for me."

I smacked his shoulder, and continued to eat my pasta. This stuff was so good.

Shawn paid for the meal, regardless of my insisting that I would.

After the meal, we decided to go bowling for the rest of the day, since it was already getting pretty late into the afternoon.

~

"Ay, that was fun, wasn't it?" Shawn asked.

"Everything today was just perfect," I said, honestly.

"I agree," he answered.

We were walking through the city lights to a bus stop that would take us home, and I literally couldn't think of anything else I wanted than this moment. Like I'd been waiting for this moment forever. (Moment Like You ❤)

"So did Cam ever like you?"

I almost choked. "No. Not that I know of?"

He scrunched his eyebrows, but then nodded.

"Why do you ask?"

"I don't know. Sometimes, it seems like it. I feel like he did-"

I shook my head vigorously. "No. No, he couldn't have! He never told me anything, and no. Stop."

Shawn could see that he'd agitated me, so he didn't say anything, just took my hand, and kept walking. We walked in silence, and I started to calm down.

We walked into the door of the apartment, when I heard someone crying.

I ran upstairs, following the sound. It was coming from Cam's room.

I ran in and sure enough, there was Cam, kneeling in the corner of the room, arms around his knees. I wasn't quite sure what to do. I'd never seen him cry this hard before, in all the years I'd known him. I walked over to him and awkwardly wrapped my arms around him. He instinctively grabbed me and buried his face into me, holding on to me tightly.

"Shh, calm down," I said, soothingly, running my hands through his hair. Shawn walked in, and looked like he was about to say something, but then thought better of it and walked back out. I silently thanked him for understanding, and continued to attempt at getting Cam to calm down.

He had slowed down a bit, hiccuping, while my shirt was soaked with his tears.

And I still had no idea what was going on.

Cam leaned back out of my hold, but kept his hold on my arm. "What's wrong?" I asked. "What happened?"

He wiped some of the tears from his eyes, and looked at me. "My mom..."

I gasped. "Your mom what?"

He looked down, and I could see the tears forming in his eyes again. "She-she-"

I tilted his chin up and forced him to look into my eyes. "You don't have to tell me, but whatever it is, you can trust me with it."

"She was diagnosed with cancer."

I dropped my hands and fell back against the back of the wall with a thump. Before I knew it, the tears came spilling out of my eyes faster than the rain that had started to fall outside. Cam started to cry again as well, and I just turned to him and wrapped my arms around him again, as he did the same.

And that's what we did all night.

Hold on to each other and cry.

****A/N:

pls dont hate me sorry this is sooo much later than I said I would update. I got really really sick and school was getting in the way. my updates r probably gonna be really slow cuz of that but im still going to try to find time to write.

i TOTALLY winged this chapter like i had no idea it was coming just like u guys prob didn't

anyways hope u enjoy this chapter!

comment/vote/SHARE!

also enjoy fetus cam^^