chapter 24

I don't know what to do. Shawn still doesn't know, and I've kind of been avoiding Cam all week. I know this isn't the right way to go about it, but I didn't know what was the right way to do it because I knew whatever I did it, someone would get hurt.

Someone knocked on my door. I ignored it, until he just opened it, and walked in.

"Shawn," I said, trying to act happy. "Come in."

"What's up? I know I haven't really been around this week to talk to you. How are you?"

I gulped. Absolutely terrible, I thought. "Good, good. What about you?"

All of a sudden his smile dropped and I started to freak out. He must have found out. I tried to think of what I could say to make this easier on the both of us and opened my mouth.

"I-," we both said at the same time.

"You go first?" he said, looking confused that I had something to say.

"No, it's fine, go ahead," I said, deciding that I'd rather let him yell at me before saying anything.

He found out, he found out, I'm dead, I'm so screwed, oh my-

"I'm leaving," he said.

"What?!" I yelled. I hope I didn't sound too surprised. I had seriously thought that he had found out about me cheating on him. Although, on the other hand, this kid had some serious explaining to do.

He was looking at me nervously, probably waiting for me to say something besides my outburst. After my heart calmed down a little bit, I nodded my head. "Where to?" I asked.

"Tour," he said, "in Europe."

I nodded again. I was still in a guilty state of relief. "How long?"

"A few months," he said. "But, I mean, of course, I'll be coming home time to time when I have some off days."

I just stared at him. "That's a long time."

He nodded sadly. "Yeah, I just, I don't know, do you think we can, you know-"

I understood what he was asking. I knew I should have said no, but I couldn't help it when I saw the look on his face. I nodded, "Yeah, we can try to make it work. When are you leaving?"

"Friday."

"So in 4 days?"

He nodded. "Yeah."

"Okay, well, we can talk about this later. I need to go call my mom real quick, she's been calling me all day, sorry. Call me later, okay?" I jumped out of the bed.

Shawn grabbed my wrist and made me sit back down. "What the hell?" he said, his cheerful voice changing.

My heart beat started to speed up again. "What?"

"What's wrong with you?" he asked.

Yikes. "Nothing?"

"Then, why do you keep running away from me lately?" he asked, his face softening a little. "Did I do something?" He looked nervous, and I felt bad. Only if he knew that I was the one who did everything.

I cupped his cheeks, and gave him quick kiss. "You didn't do anything. I just need some space sometimes, okay? I didn't mean to make you feel like you did something. You didn't." ButI did, the voice in my head whispered.

He leaned in to kiss me again, and looked at me with a sad face. "I feel like you're getting tired of me," he said.

"What?" I said, genuinely surprised.

"I don't know, I just feel like..." he said, trailing off.

"Feel like what?" I said pushing him to continue. "What do you feel like?"

"I just feel like you still like Cam-"

I stopped him to interrupt him, but he held his hand up.

"Just let me finish, okay? I mean, you've known him forever. You've been through everything with him...and me? I just met you only a few months ago. And sometimes, I feel like this relationship isn't really going anywhere," he said, looking down at the bedsheets.

I stayed silent. I hated to do this but I had to go through with this this time. I can't keep hurting him, not when I've gone all the way. "I agree," I said.

"You do?" he said, sounding even sadder. I felt terrible, seeing the look on his face.

I nodded, taking his hand. "I think we both know that we aren't really right for each other. I think we both rushed into things a little too fast."

I could see his eyes glazing a little. I really didn't think I meant that much to him...

"You know, with this whole fame deal and everything, I never really take many girls seriously anymore. Just, when I saw you that day, at the coffee shop, I couldn't help but notice you. You were just so carefree, and better yet, you didn't know who I was. You didn't care that I was famous-"

"Shawn I-"

He didn't let me stop him, he just kept going. "But I knew, I know, when I brought you to Cam, that I'd brought two people that meant a lot to each other. I tried to deny it, and that's why I asked you out so quickly. I mean, I'd finally found a girl I was interested in, I didn't want to lose the chance."

I looked at him. "But?"

"But I know I'm just getting in the way of something that's meant to be. You and I, Ash, I don't think we're meant to be together like this. Maybe..."

"We're better as friends?" I finished off.

He nodded. He still looked sad, but a little relieved. And all this time, I'd been worried that I would ruin everything if I broke up with him myself.

I smiled. "I agree."

"With everything?" he asked.

I looked at the walls. I knew what he was asking. He was asking if I agreed with what he said about Cam. But truthfully, I didn't know what I felt for Cam just yet. It was too soon, and if Shawn I were breaking up, I didn't want to rush head first into a new relationship with someone so close to me so soon.

"I don't know," I said, hesitantly.

He stood up. "Well, it's obvious he likes you."

I gulped. I knew we were over now, but I don't think Shawn would be happy I cheated on him with Cam. I mean, he'd said he still liked me a lot, and it would probably hurt him more than I expected.

"No," I said, my voice shaking a little.

"Hey, I'm not pushing you into anything. I mean, it'd only make me happy if you didn't move on so fast. I still like you Ashlyn, I've always liked you a lot. I just don't want to force you into something you don't want to be a part of. If you ever need someone to talk to though, I'm here," he said smiling weakly.

I nodded, and got up to hug him.

"Thank you so much, Shawn," I said to him.

And I meant that.

A/N: sorry for late updates, I've been busy. vote and comment :)

also I changed ashlyn to danielle campbell....thoughts?