chapter 14

"Ah!" I screamed, really loudly, and sat up extremely fast. My head was soaking wet, and so was my shirt. "What the hell?"

"Sorry, you weren't waking up with just the whole name-calling ordeal, so yeah, had to go through with it," someone said.

I looked up. I'm pretty sure it was Nash's brother Hayes. "Oh hi, you're Hayes right?"

"Yep. He told me to wake you up," he said, smiling. Wow, for being so young, he definitely had the looks going for him.

I groaned. "Alright, alright. Let me brush my teeth and take a shower, then I'll be downstairs."

After he left, I closed the door, until I realized that I'd left my bag downstairs that I'd tucked an extra set of clothes in. I went downstairs to grab it until I realized someone else was there too.

Just my luck, it was Cameron.

"Hey," he said, with some uncertainty in his voice.

I looked at him. And then looked back down again.

"Come on, Ashlyn, can't I at least get a hi?"

Okay. "Hi," I said, without looking up.

"Dang, the tension is so thick here, I can't even breathe," someone said. It was Shawn.

I just stared at him.

"What?" he said. "Just saying, I mean seriously, what's going on?"

I sighed. "I need to take a shower," I said.

And at the same time, Cameron stood up. "I have to go do something in my room."

Shawn just stared between us. "Alright?"

I left the room feeling extremely awkward, and ran back up to Nash's room. I brushed my teeth and took a quick enough shower. I put on my clothes, did my makeup, and brushed my hair in record time. I needed to get out of here.

I grabbed my purse and then again, ran back down. "I'm leaving," I yelled out.

"Woah, woah, woah. Not so fast. We still need to talk," Shawn said, coming out the kitchen.

"About?" I said, trying not to sound too stupid.

"Yeah, that sounded stupid," he said, with a light laugh. "Besides, you owe it to me, I think."

I guess I did. I mean he only meant to give me a little surprise, and it's not really his fault he didn't know Cameron and I knew each other. And then he'd even picked me up, when I'm sure he was disappointed.

"Fine. Give me ten, I want Kayla to be here too," I said. I needed some moral backup.

~

We were in the guest bedroom. Kayla sat beside me, while Shawn and Cameron sat in front of us. Yes, Cameron. Shawn had insisted that he be there, since he was part of the whole thing, and reluctantly, I agreed. I might as well let him how I feel while I have people around me, because, frankly, I think it's too early for the one-on-one.

Although, I'm pretty sure it's going to happen today.

"Okay, so let's start!" Shawn said, a little too cheerfully.

Cameron looked at me expectantly. Suddenly, he got up. "Wait, can Ashlyn and I talk by ourselves? And then we promise to tell you guys."

I glanced at him. What did I say before?

Shawn and Kayla looked at me. I shrugged. Guess I might as well get it over with. It's not like I hated him anyways.

"Okay then. Let's go then, m'lady," he said, offering his hand to Kayla.