chapter 13

I tried to make my mouth form something, but it stayed in its shocked position.

I turned to Shawn, who was now next to me, but he didn't say anything; he seemed just as weirded out as me, but probably for a different reason.

As for Cameron, I could tell he didn't know Shawn was bringing him a special "guest" today.

"Cameron," I breathed out, with a little difficulty.

"Ashlyn," he said, sounding just as shaky.

All of a sudden, I was mad. Mad that he hadn't even tried once to contact me, that he hadn't even mentioned my name, because it was clear Shawn had no idea we knew each other. He technically had forgotten me, when he had told me it wouldn't goodbye. It clearly had been, and now that I think of it, it was a good thing.

I swiveled to Shawn. "Is this your surprise?" almost yelling with anger.

"I-I thought you would be happy," he said, holding up his hands. "Or that you would have no idea who he was."

I turned back to Cameron, who was just standing there, still in a dazed trance. "Oh, I know who he is."

"How?" Shawn asked, sounding curious.

"Because he's the boy that broke my heart."

And with that, I turned around and ran.

~

Call me dramatic, but I didn't know how else I was supposed to react. Cameron Dallas? Famous actor in Hollywood? He couldn't even call me, text me, anything?

I put my face in my hands. I was currently sitting by an isolated restaurant, my phone in my hands. I had been crying for what seemed like hours. My emotions were just swirling around in my head like crazy. I didn't know what I was feeling exactly.

And I had no idea how I was supposed to get back to my dorm.

Suddenly, I heard a car driving by the restaurant. It stopped at the end of the restaurant, and turned around again to where I was standing.

I stood up, as the car window rolled down, revealing Shawn.

"Get in," he said.

"No," I replied, knowing it was hopeless.

"Don't be stupid, get in."
I sighed. "Fine." I opened the backseat d
door, revealing the one and only Cameron. "Never mind," shutting the door again.

"Just get in Ashlyn," he said.

"Don't tell me what to do," I said, gritting my teeth. "There is no way I'm sitting in the same car as someone who didn't even bother to contact me once in the 3 years-"

"Ashlyn, please, we can talk about this tomorrow. Besides, we're wasting Shawn's time, and I'm sure he's getting annoyed."

I didn't say anything, but I also didn't want to annoy Shawn, because he hadn't known that this would all go wrong. I got in the car, and sat as far away as I could from Cameron, and just looked out the window the entire ride to the campus.

~

"Ashlyn, wake up," I heard someone say. I sat up, and rubbed my eyes, until I noticed I was in a car, and the person talking to me was Cameron. I quickly opened the door, and stepped out.

"Wait, this isn't my college."

"I know, but it's late, and Kayla called saying she was staying at her own house tonight, since you guys don't have any classes tomorrow," explained Shawn.

"So? Where am I staying?" I looked at Shawn, who just looked back at me. "Oh, no. No way I am staying in the same vicinity as him."

"Look, I don't know what happened between you two, but I wish you would wait until tomorrow, please," said Shawn, at this point sounding a little frustrated.

Since I do have a heart, and felt a little bad, I decide to let it go for tonight. I walked ahead of them, and as soon as we got to the apartment, I rang the door. Nash opened the door, and I shoved past him, with Cameron and Shawn walking in soon after.

"What happened?" Nash asked.

"Nothing," Shawn muttered. "We can all talk about it tomorrow," looking at me expectantly, but I just turned away. My chest was aching, and I really needed a good night's sleep. I'm still holding on to the little hope I have that this is all some nightmare.

Nash let me have his room, insisting that he would sleep with Cameron. I was thankful, remembering he had said he was the cleanest.

As I lay in his bed, I thought over the happenings of today. I sighed in defeat. There was no way that I could deal with Cameron being around anymore. I was, just, so used to him not being a part of my life anymore. He was a huge part before, and letting go was hard enough, knowing that we'd never be friends again, but now I have to face that reality everyday.

Thinking about this, I drifted into a long sleep.

CAM POV

I had just got done filiming the day's scenes, since we were having a short session today. My friend Shawn walked in.

"Hey man, how are you?" I said, hugging him.

"Great!" he said. "I have someone for you to meet today."

"Is it a fan?" I asked.

"I'm not sure, actually. She doesn't know who she's meeting," he said, smiling.

I laughed. Typical Shawn. "Let's go, then."
As we walked out, I saw a girl standing there, with a blindfold around her head. I started to laugh, until I realized who it was. I'd recognize that hair anywhere.

It was Ashlyn Davis, my ex-best friend.

I stood there, silently, not knowing what to do.

She gasped, after she took off the blindfold, and turned to Shawn, and back to me. "Is this your surprise?" she yelled, sounding angry, at Shawn. But, I knew it wasn't Shawn she wasn't angry at. It was me.

After all, I deserved it. I hadn't contacted her once, in the 3 years it'd been since I had left Raleigh.

It's not like I didn't want to.

It's just that I thought it had been for the best.

I'd always liked Ashlyn Davis. She was always there for me, and as much I denied to everyone that there was nothing between us, it was all a lie. I only did it because I didn't think she actually liked me back.

That is, until she told me.

But by then, it was too late. I knew that I was moving, and if I told her that I liked her too, it would ruin any chances of us being together, which I also didn't know if I wanted to happen. After all, if it ended up badly, I'd lose the one best friend I had as well, something I didn't want to risk.

Then, again, I'd lost that too. Because, clearly, she was mad at me. And I understood that. I knew that I could be mad at her, too, for not trying to contact me, but I just felt like it was my responsibility. After all, I was the one who had moved, the one who had left her.

I just stood there, not knowing what to do still, when she said something that hurt me more than anything.

"Oh, I know him. He's the boy that broke my heart." Then she turned around and ran. As much as it hurt to admit, I knew she was running away from me.

And in that moment, I knew I had screwed up big-time.

A/N:
yay drama
also how was the cam POV? I hope it was okay
also I owe a dedication to Camerondallas1901 but I'm on my phone right now so I'll get that up later...please go follow her and read her stories!! she also has a cool quotes book that's really inspiring(:
anyways same as always comment//vote//follow & share! the more you all do this the more it makes me want to update which is partly why this update is so fast
love y'all

p.s. picture up top or to the side is Ashlyn (Anna Sophia Robb)