chapter 15

It's been a little over a week since my talk with the lady. It actually helped me a lot, I think. I've spent the last few days with Shawn, and I think the lady was right. Shawn was such a nice guy. He always made sure I was okay, and happy, and it felt like I'd known him for years, even though it'd only been a little over two weeks.

He was cute, funny, and he also knew when to not ask questions. I mean, he hadn't even said anything about last week's little mishap with Cameron.

Speaking of Cameron, I hadn't talked to him at all, really. It was a little sad, because he really did mean a lot to me, but I was hoping this was just temporary, really.

Because I think I like Shawn.

Like I said, he was just always there for me. And no one's really done that for me besides Kayla.

Anyways, yeah. The guys were going to the beach, and Kayla and I decided to tag along, since we have a semester break, and we had nothing else to do.

As I climbed out of the car, I ran over to Shawn, and got on his back.

"Hey!" he yelled, almost falling, but regaining his balance at the last second.

I laughed. "Sorry."

"You're gonna have to pay for that," he said with a smirk. And then he started running towards the ocean.

Oh no. "No, please don't. Please, I'm sorry. Don't-" I tried to stop him, but he kept going, and dropped me into the ocean. "You're an idiot!" I yelled, and grabbed his arm so he'd come down with me. He was too strong for me though, so I was the only one who fell back down. That wasn't enough for me to give up though.

I stood up, and walked more into the ocean. "Ow!" I yelled out, and bent down to hold my foot. I turned around. "Shawn, I think something got stuck in my foot!" He came over to me as fast as he could.

"Are you alright?!" he asked, with a genuine look of concern. Oh my gosh, he is too cute. I almost felt bad for what I was about to do, but I still went ahead and pushed him under the water as he bent down to look at my foot.

"Gotcha!" I yelled with delight.

He came out of the water sputtering. "You suck."

Suddenly, he grabbed me towards him, and I think he was going to throw me back into the water, but then something happened.

I stared at him, and the laughs on our faces were gone. He stared back, with a soft look in his eyes. He was literally two inches away from my face.

As he started to lean in, I leaned in too.

I felt his lips press against mine, and then just as quickly as it happened, we both pulled back.

We both smiled at each other, and then we both leaned in again. This time, the kiss was more passionate, our mouths moving in sync. I ran my hands through his wet hair, and wrapped my legs around his waist. He held me tight against him, and I could feel the warmth radiating off of him.

"Ahem," someone cleared their throat.

We both pulled away, our cheeks turning red faster than we had a chance to separate. I turned around to look at who it was, cursing their name under my breath.

It was Cameron. "Hey," Shawn said, sounding a little flustered.

"We're heading to Pizza Hut to grab some pizza. Thought I'd come let you guys know," Cameron said.

Shawn looked at me. I shrugged. "Sure." That was probably the first word I'd spoken to him all week.

Cameron just nodded at that, and turned around, heading back to shore. "What's with him?" Shawn asked.

I looked at him. "What do you mean? Hasn't he been like that all week?"

"Not with me, only with you," he said, staring at the shore, where Cameron was walking by himself, behind the rest of the guys and Kayla.

I thought about it. Did it have something to do with what he just saw? I doubt it. It's not like he ever liked me or anything, so he really had no reason to be jealous.

"Anyways, um, I have a question," Shawn said, as we walked to join the rest.

I smiled. "Yes, I like you."

Shawn looked at me with surprise. "How'd you know I was going to ask that?"

"Well, I mean, considering we just kissed, I'd think you'd want to know. And I would want to know too," I explained with a light laugh.

"Yes," he said.

What? "Huh?" I asked, confused.

"Yes, I like you too," he smiled.

I grinned at him. "Well, that's good."

He walked closer to me, throwing his arm over my shoulder, pulling me to his chest.

And we walked like that all the way to the car.

I was finally happy.

CAM POV

I never stopped thinking about her. I never stopped liking her.

And now, I'd lost her forever.

****A/N:

sorry if the formatting is messed up... I'm posting on my phone and it sucks lol.

anyways sorry this chapter is short.

but shalyn anyone??? ❤

also if u guys ever want a shout out or a dedication or want me to read ur books just comment or pm me and I'll try to make time to do that :-) a lot of u guys have already asked me and I promise I haven't forgotten they're all in my library I just haven't found the time but I will eventually I promise :-)

soo ya comment vote follow & please share!! ❤ u all

p.s. media will b added later