Chapter Five

*Charlie’s p.o.v.*

I woke up the next morning, and yawned.  My ribs and leg didn’t hurt as bad, so that was a good sign.  I guess Drake went back to his room, so I decided that I was going to go make us breakfast.  I tried to sit up, but two arms were holding me down.  I gasped, and closed my eyes tight, before realizing it was Drake.  I turned my head to look at him, giggling.  He opened his eyes, and smiled.  “Good morning.”  I smiled back.  “I’m going to go make breakfast.”  He shook his head.  “No?  Well, I’m hungry.”  I tried to pry his hands off of me, but he was too strong.  “Let go!”  I laughed, when his grip got tighter.  “I mean it.”  I tried not to laugh, but I was failing miserably.  He pulled me so that I was literally on top of him.  “Dude!”  I gasped again, and started laughing.  He pulled me into his chest, and I have to admit that I loved the feel of it.  “I’m really hungry.”  He let go of me, and I reluctantly climbed off.  I was about to stand up when Drake said, “Wait!”  I looked at him, and he was smirking.  “I have to carry you, remember?”  I rolled my eyes laughing while I tried to get to the kitchen before he could catch me.  right as I got past my door, he picked me up like I weighed absolutely nothing.  “So, it’s finally summer.”  “Yep, I’m so excited.”  I pulled out two bowls from the cabinet after he set me on the counter.  He poured some cocoa puffs in the them, and poured milk in both.  “Thanks.”  He picked me up again, and I carried his cereal to his room.  After I finished my cereal, I set it down, and hopped over to my clothes, sitting next to the dresser.  “I need to change.”  He put his hands over his eyes, and I slipped my other shirt over my head.  I was still sitting on the floor, so I attempted to pull my shorts off.  I had to be careful of my leg so it wouldn’t start hurting again.  It was pretty much impossible since I could only use one leg to prop myself up and slide them off.  My leg hit the floor, and a sharp pain went through it.  “Oh, CRAP!”  He jumped up, and uncovered his eyes.  I slid my pants on, and buttoned them.  “Charlie, you need to be more careful.”  He helped me off of the floor, and over to the bed.  I looked up at him when he sat next to me.  “Does it still hurt?”  I nodded slightly.  He ran to the kitchen, and came back with an icepack.  “You don’t have to take care of me, you know.”  “Yeah I do, it’s my job.  Even if I didn’t have to, I still would though.”  I smiled.  He was so thoughtful, and it seemed like he might actually...nah, never mind.  “Thank you.”  I smiled.  “You don’t need to thank me.”  He smiled back before standing back up.  My phone started ringing about 5 seconds later.  I went and answered it to a hsrilly voice on the other side.  It was Violet.  “Haaaaay, girl.”  I answered.  “Haaaaay, would you want to go bowling?”  “Sure.  Can my friend come?”  She squealed.  Violet is the girliest person I’ve ever met.  I feel bad for poor Chris, her boyfriend, for having to put up with her.  “Yeah!  Meet us at 12:00.  Who else is coming?”  She asked, making it sound like she wanted to know if it was my boyfriend.  “A friend that’s living in my house for a while.”  If I have until 12:00, that would give me about 30 minutes to get ready.  “Ok, can’t wait to meet her!  See ya.”  She thought Drake was a girl...this is going to be shocking news.  “Alright, bye.”  I couldn’t help but chuckle.  She would probably be flirting nonstop even though her boyfriend will be right there.  “Drake, we’re going to meet some friends to go bowling in 30!”  I screamed towards his room.  “You can’t walk.”  “I know, I’m just going to watch.”  I hopped to my bathroom, and brushed my teeth, washed my face, reapplied makeup, and stuff like that.  I hopped back outside to meet Drake, and he helped me to his car.  “Ok, Violet is going to flirt nonstop with you, and she’s very girlie.  She’s my uncle Harry’s kid. She has a boyfriend, and he’ll threaten to beat you up if you flirt back although he couldn’t hurt a fly.”  He nodded, taking in all of my information. “It’s a good thing I won’t flirt back then...”  Oh, right.  He has that girl he likes.  Once we finally arrived, and I gave him all the information he needs to know, he got out of the car before running to my side.  “What are you doing?”  He crouched down, and faced the opposite way.  “Get on.”  I laughed, and did as I was told.  “Hey, Violet.  And Chris...”  They both looked at me, wide-eyed.  “Hey, Charlie!”  I laughed, as Drake crouched down again so I could get off of his back.  Georgia and Chris hugged me, but I felt like I was going to throw up when they touched me.  “Can we bowl now?”  They nodded as Drake helped me towards the shoe rentals.  “So, who’s the ‘friend’?”  “His name is Drake, he’s my body guard for whatever reason.”  She laughed.  “Well he sure is hot...”  She said winking at me.  “‘He’ is right here.”  Drake added on.  “Yeah, I know.”  She winked.  Guess she got the whole ‘flirty’ thing from her dad.  We walked up to the shoe rental place, and got their sizes.  I didn’t need any since I wasn’t playing.  “Everyone’s shoes fit?”  They nodded.  The game started, and Kat was first.  “My ball is too heavy.  Chrissy pooh, can you help me?”  He eagerly jumped up, and ran over to help her.  I fake gagged, and Drake laughed, doing the same.  It was then Drake’s turn, so he grabbed the heaviest ball.  “Strike!”  He fist pumped, and Chris stood there wide-eyed for the second time tonight.  I could tell this was going to be a rather...competitive game.  

“I beat you fair and square!”  Drake and Chris were arguing about who won, but obviously Drake did.  It even said it on the board.  “It’s not fair, your ball was heavier so it traveled faster!”  “You both tied, now we’re going home!  Bye, guys.”  I had to drag Drake out of the bowling allies.  “I’m so glad that I don’t have school this week...or the week after that...or the week after that.”  I leaned back in the seat as Drake sped down the highway.  I lived out in the country, so it took a good 20 minutes to get back to my house.  “What’s your favorite number?”  I raised an eyebrow, and looked at him.  “23...”  “Don’t give me that look, I’m just trying to get to know you better.”  I rolled my eyes, and looked out the window.  “Why can’t you tell me?  Why you’re here?”  He sighed.  “I wish I could.  That’s something your dad told me to keep private.  You can ask him, but my lips are sealed.”  I groaned in frustration.  Whatever it is, must be bad.  My dad doesn’t keep anything from me.  We pulled up at my house, interrupting me from my thoughts.  He came around to my side, and picked me up this time.  “Can you take me to my room please?  I want to go to sleep.”  He unlocked the door, and walked into my room, laying me on the bed.  “I need pajamas.”  He handed me a t-shirt, and I went to the bathroom to put it on.  I slid my shorts off, not bothering to put different ones on since this covered my butt, and got under the covers.  He turned to leave.  “Goodnight, sleep tight, and no nightmares.”  I smiled.  “Nighty night.”  He turned the light off, and shut the door behind him.  

So sorry for not uploading last night!  I'll upload another one tonight sometime :)  Love you all very much, and you're all beautiful <3

Stay classy, chickas!

xxxmattixxx