Chapter Twenty Three

When we got home, I couldn’t have been happier.  Drake was holding my hand when Ryan met us at the front door.  His eyes zeroed in on our hands, and a grin spread across his face.  “All is well in the world again!  I can sleep in peace now.”  I laughed before realizing what he said in his last sentence.  “Sleep in peace, what do you mean?”  He rolled his eyes dramatically.  “Now he won’t come into my room at night and whine about how happy you look without him, and how he misses you, and blah blah blah.”  I looked over at Drake smirking, when I noticed the pink tint on his cheeks.  “Awww, I missed you too, Drakey Pooh!”  His blush got darker, which made Ryan and I laugh as we walked inside.  “Alright, well I’ll leave you two alone to ‘catch up’ so if you need me, I’ll be in my room.”  It was then my turn to blush when I realized what he meant by ‘catch up’.  I followed Drake to my room, and as soon as I got inside I was pushed against the door.  “I’ve missed you so much.”  He said against my lips.  I ran my fingers through his hair, and moaned into the kiss.  I quickly slipped his shirt off over his head, and he did the same for me.  I took my time running my hand over his hard muscles that I had missed so much, and he swiftly picked me up and took me over to the bed.  Pierce and I never even kissed like this, but I honestly didn’t want to.  Drake and I pulled away from the kiss, breathless.  “You’re so beautiful, Charlie.”  I smiled, hugging his bare chest.  “Thank you, and you’re not too bad either.”  

That night after we ate dinner, Ryan announced that he had a present to give me.  I closed my eyes and held my hands out, when a bag was dropped in them.  “Drake and I kind of teamed up so you won’t get the second half until tomorrow, but here’s my part.”  I anxiously opened the bag, and pulled something out that was wrapped in tissue paper.  I ripped it to shreds, then finally came to contact with...a necklace?  No, a bracelet?  They saw me looking at it confused, and laughed.  “It’s a dog collar.”  I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, until realization swept over me.  “We’re getting a puppy?!”  They both nodded.  “Oh my gosh, oh my gosh!  Thank you so, so much!”  I jumped up, and gave them both bone-crushing hugs.  “I can’t wait, what kind of puppy is it?  I’ve wanted a puppy for so long now, I can’t believe it!  What are we going to name it?  I guess it really depends on what it looks like.”  I rambled on for a good five minutes before Ryan grabbed my shoulders and shook me harshly.  “Shuuuut uuuuup.”  I couldn’t wipe the grin off of my face, but I remained quiet.  “We’re going to go let you pick one out at the pound.”  I was overwhelmed with joy, and I’m pretty sure I thanked them 20 times before I calmed down.  “I’m going to bed early tonight so I can wake up early and go get it.”  I announced while bouncing up the stairs.  Drake followed behind me, laughing as I tripped three times trying to run while spinning down the hallway.  “Are you sleeping in here tonight?”  I said smiling happily.  “If you want me to?”  I gave him a ‘no duh’ look, and pulled him down next to me.  “This has been the best birthday ever.”  I said contently, pecking a quick kiss on his lips.  Yeah, definitely the best birthday ever.

(A/N): Decided to update two chapters because you're all just that awesome ;)

xxxmattixxx