Chapter Nine

*Drake’s P.O.V.*

I really hated lying to her, but my job had to be my top priority right now.  I got my phone out, and called Mr. Horan, he answered on the third ring.  “Sorry to bother you sir, but it’s urgent.  Charlie has received a text on her phone from him, and I need your permission to take further action.”  “Yes, of course.  What was the text?”  He really loved his daughter, I could tell.  He was so concerned about her.  “Well, it just said that she needed to watch her back.  I’m going to do everything in my power to assure that everything is ok.”  “Thanks, I know you’ll take care of my little girl.”  He hung up, and I unplugged her phone from the computer before going back in her room.  She was already asleep, in her clothes.  She’s probably going to kill me, but I’ll deal with that tomorrow.  I pulled out one of my baggy t-shirts, and took her shorts and t-shirt off.  I took a minute to look at her, perfect body.  It made me want to kill this Matt dude for even laying a hand on her.  I reluctantly put my t-shirt on her, and put her under the covers.  I slid off my shorts and shirt off, leaving me in my boxers, before sliding in next to her.  “Goodnight baby girl.”  I kissed her on the head, and pulled her close.  No one was ever going to hurt her.

*Charlie’s P.O.V.*  

I woke up at 5:00 a.m. and couldn’t go back to sleep.  Drake was still asleep beside me, so I got up and went to the bathroom.  I was still freaked out from last night, so there was no way I was going back to sleep.  I got dressed and decided to go make coffee, and watch the sunrise.  It was beautiful, full of color and energy.  The sky was just barely lit by the sun’s rays, when I got a call from Violet.  “Why are you up so early?”  “I’m having a major crisis!  My bikini is SO last year, and it like barely fits!  OH MY GOSH I’m fat!”  I laughed at how stupid she was being, considering she looked like a model.  “Calm down, it probably just shrunk in the wash.  Did you wash it in hot?”  “Ummm, yeah.”  This girl did NOT need to be living by herself.  “You’re not supposed to wash it in hot.  Why don’t we go shopping for a new one today?”  “Yeah, thanks Charlie!  I’ll be there in half an hour.”  I hung up, and walked back to my room to get ready.  Drake was still sleeping, peacefully.  I hated to wake him up, but I had-no, wanted-to take him everywhere I went.  “Drakey pooh, wake up.”  He was so still, that I almost thought he had stopped breathing.  “Drake.”  He rolled over in my direction, still asleep.  I knelt down beside him, and shook his arm.  “Drake, wake up.”  In one fluid motion, he pulled me in top of him, and wrapped both arms around me.  He sighed contently, and I laughed.  “Babe, you need to get up.”  I kissed him lightly on the lips once before his eyes fluttered open.  “Good morning, beautiful.”  I smiled.  “Good morning.  As much as I love you and everything, I would appreciate it if you would let me go.”  He shook his head, and flipped me over so I was under him.  “What if I don’t want to?”  I tried to wiggle out from under him, but he was so close that I couldn’t.  “Please?  Violet is coming to pick us up in half an hour.”  He sighed, and got off of me, but still trapped me in his big arms.  “How much do you love me?”  “To the moon and back, now let go.”  He pressed his lips against mine, and I knew there was no way I could get out of his hold now.  He loosened his grip on me, and placed his hands on the back of my thighs.  I tangled my hands in the back of his hair, as he flipped over once again, putting me under him.  I wrapped a leg around his torso, and pulled him closer to me.  He pulled away, and kissed down my neck, making me breathless.  I heard a door slam, and immediately he pulled away.  “Crap, it’s Violet.”  I whispered.  He stood up, and helped me up before running down the hall to his room.  “Charlie, you ready?”  “Yeah, just let me put my shoes on.”  Drake hadn’t even gotten dressed yet, so I tried to be as slow as possible.  He walked around the corner five minutes later, with clothes on, looking like he’d been sitting in his room just waiting for Violet to get here.  Violet turned, and looked seductively at Drake.  “Are you coming shopping too, Mr. hottie?”  He smiled uncomfortably, and looked at me for help.  “Violet, stop flirting with the poor boy.  He’s just here to do his job, and he doesn’t even like it.”  She rolled her eyes.  “I wasn’t flirting!  It’s not my fault he’s hot.”  I laughed, and pushed her out of the room, winking at Drake as I walked by.  “So, where’s Chris?”  “At his house.  His parents wanted him to spend ‘quality time’ with them before he left for the month.”  I nodded.  “Well, let’s get going.  We have to be at the airport at 3:00.”  We got in the car, and headed to the mall.  “Hollister first.”  She parked the car, and practically ran to the store.  I stayed back with Drake, but walked a few steps in front of him.  “Do you mind if I try some bikinis on too?  I could really use a new one.”  “As long as you show them to me.”  He winked.  I blushed, and continued walking.  As soon as I stepped through the doors, Violet ran up to me with three in her hands.  “Which one?  I like the pink one, but it’s got stripes, and you know how I feel about stripes.”  I nodded.  “I like the yellow one for you.”  “Oooh!  It matches my beach bag too.”  My lord, if she were any girlier, we would have to put her in a mental institution.  She ran off to go try it on, and I continued looking.  I found a really cute blue one with white lace on it, and had to try it on.  “I like that one.”  Drake pointed at the one in my hands.  “Good, because I’m going to go try it on.”  I skipped off to the dressing room, and slipped the cute little bikini on.  It fit perfectly, no too skimpy.  Drake would definitely like this one.  I was about to walk out, when I realized that I couldn’t exactly go show my bodyguard a bikini, so I came up with a plan.  I opened the door, and looked around.  Violet was standing at a rack of swimsuits, and Drake wasn’t too far behind her.  “Hey, Vi?  What do you think of this one?”  I said loud enough for Drake to hear too.  Both of their heads snapped my direction, and I twirled so they could get a better look.  “Cute, I deff think you should get it.”  She looked back down at the clothes, so I looked at Drake.  He nodded vigorously, and gave me two thumbs up.  He was practically drooling.  I laughed, a went back into the dressing room.  Once I was back in my original clothes, I walked to the front to pay for my swimsuit.  Drake walked up behind me, and I turned around.  Before I could say anything, he already had his money out, paying for the dang thing.  “Drake!”  He smiled innocently, and the lady handed him the sack.  “Thanks, have a good day.”  We walked towards Violet, and I slapped his arm.  “I can’t believe you paid for that!”  “You’re welcome?”  I stopped dead in my tracks.  “Say that again?”  He looked at me, with confusion across his face.  “You’re welcome?”  Where have I heard that before?