Chapter Eighteen

“Charlie, babe we need to get going.”  I moaned, throwing my pillow over my head.  “I’ve already packed your stuff and put it in the truck, but it’s my turn to drive.”  I lazily got onto my feet and leaned over on Drake for support.  I, of course, sat in the back, but who I had to sit next to is what really bothered me...Pierce.  This was going to be an extremely long and awkward ride.  About an hour into it, I checked the clock.  It read 9:30, which meant I woke up at 8:30, which is way too early for summer.  Funny, it didn’t really feel like summer at all.  I rested my head on my hand that was propped up on the door, and closed my eyes.  When I woke up to a car door slamming, it was like dejavu...except the person sitting in the backseat was no longer Drake, but Pierce.  I was planning on pretending to be asleep until he saw me looking at him.  I reluctantly sat up, and looked out the window.  Talk about awkward.  “Charlie, we need to talk.”  I took in a deep breath and looked at him.  “Ok.”  He took this as a good sign, I guess, because he started talking again.  “I don’t want things to be awkward between us, because I’m one of your guards.  But, when I asked you if you liked me, you didn’t say yes or no, just that you had a boyfriend.”  “I-”  I was about to answer when the car door opened and Drake got in.  He turned around, and smiled at me.  “Hey, babe.  You hungry?”  I shook my head, smiling.  I think he could tell that something was wrong, because he furrowed his eyebrows.  I chose to ignore him, and turned to Ryan when he got in.  “Dude, I got 4 ding-dongs for a dollar.”  He threw one at Drake, then two to the back for Pierce and I.  We went to grab one at the same time, and my hand brushed his.  Just my luck, I thought.  Neither one of us moved our hands, so I slowly retreated mine and grabbed the other one.  No one said anything for the next few hours, but Drake complained about Ryan’s horrible singing a few times, because he, ‘sounds like a dying horse being drown in a pool of caramel’.  “I think...I’m going to throw up.”  I announced, hastily.  Drake whipped the truck over into a rest stop, and I jumped out just in time to get rid of that ding-dong.  Drake got out and held my hair up for me, while rubbing soothing circles on my back.  I sighed when I started to feel better, and he kissed my forehead before handing me a bottle of water and some mints.  I smiled gratefully at him, wondering how he could be so perfect.  After I rinsed my mouth out and popped a mint in, I was ready to get back in the car.  “Feel better?  You better not puke in my truck.”  I laughed, nodding.  Only Ryan could make light of this situation.  “I’m going back to sleep, g’night everybody.”  I rested my head on my hands like I had previously, and quickly fell asleep.  I woke up, thankfully not by a car door this time.  However, I was now laying down with my head in someone’s lap.  I think I jumped a mile high, thinking that it was Pierce.  Thankfully I was wrong, it was Drake.  I put a hand over my rapidly beating heart, and let out a deep breath I hadn’t realized I was holding in.  “Sorry, I thought you’d be more comfortable.”  I smiled, nodding.  “Thank you.”  He furrowed his eyebrows again, looking like he was trying to solve a complicated puzzle.  He leaned in, and put his mouth right beside my ear so no one could hear.  “What’s up with you lately?  You seem different.”  Oh no, this is what I’d been dreading so much.  “Nothing, I guess I’ve just been worrying about Russell.”  He gave me a look that led me to believe that he knew I was lying, so I pulled my phone out to type it.  I’ll tell you when we get out of the car, but you have to promise me not to beat anyone up.  He got a look on his face, and I have to say that I didn’t like it.  No promises, but I’ll try.  I smiled gratefully, hoping he could hold back a little.  The clock read 11:15, so I knew we had to be getting close.  As if on cue, Ryan announced that we would be staying in the big Holiday Inn directly in front of us.  Much like the last hotel we were in, the guy came out to help with our luggage, and we tipped him.  This time we had to get one big room since we didn’t call in advance and there was some big convention going on.  Once we got up to the room, we realized that there was one king sized bed and a pullout couch.  “You three take the bed, I’ll take the couch to myself.”  PIerce laughed, and threw his luggage on the pullout couch.  “Are you kidding me?  I’m not sleeping in the same bed with those two, Ryan kicks like a horse.”  Drake laughed humorlessly.  “You would know.”  He said under his breath so that only I could hear.  I burst out laughing, and the other two boys gave me weird looks.  “S-sorry, I just...I’m tired.”  I traipsed over to the bed, still giggling to myself.  I remembered what I had told Drake in the car about me telling him everything when we got here, but he seems to have forgotten.  I shrugged before laying down, and was consumed by sleep before my head even hit the pillow.  

A bright light peered through the little slit my eyes were formed into, so I threw my pillow over my head.  No longer being able to breathe, I decided that it was probably time to get up anyway.  Two arms were holding me down, and I looked over at Drake who was still asleep.  Ryan was on the other side, completely spread out.  I’m pretty sure he had about 3/4 of the bed.  Pierce was still asleep as well, on the pullout.  My mind wandered to food, so I decided to go get some from the complimentary breakfast downstairs.  I grabbed my jacket and some shoes before slipping out the door.  They had the same as everyone else, some bagels, bacon, eggs, and coffee.  I felt like being nice, so I grabbed a bit of each and piled it high on two plates, then got a drink carrier for the coffee.  I headed back up the stairs to the room, where the boys were all still asleep.  I started with Drake, and woke him up with a lingering kiss.  His eyes opened, and he pulled me down on top of him.  “Drake, there are other people here!”  Ryan screamed.  I blushed, and looked over at Pierce who was also now awake.  I quickly got off of Drake, and passed the coffee out.  “I have sugar too, and the creamer is in the fridge.”  Each one fixed it to their liking, and then it was time to pass out the food.  “BACON!”  I smiled at their reactions as they fixated their eyes on the two plates.  I passed out the food, then sat down next to Drake on the bed.  He fed me a piece of bacon, and Ryan fake gagged.  “Listen here, buddy.  I could’ve made you pay for your own room like a real guard is supposed to do, but no, I payed for you to stay here.”  He looked at the floor, and pretended to start crying.  “Yes ma’am, I’m sorry.  Thank you, oh gracious one for the honor of getting to stay in the room you paid for.”  I rolled my eye, he needed to be an actor instead of a guard.  “So, while we’re in Texas we might as well make the most of it.”  Ryan said, wiggling his eyebrows.  “What exactly do you have in mind?”  He smiled excitedly, and I knew it was going to be a long day.  

“I can’t believe you brought us to the boardwalk.  I don’t even like roller coasters!”  He smirked, before running off in the opposite direction.  “It’s weird, because he’s one of my guards...but I feel like I should be following him around.”  Drake intertwined our hands, and smiled.  “Let’s let them go have their fun, and we’ll have ours.”  I liked the sound of that, so I followed him to a ferris wheel.  We got into a blue car, and slowly made our way up to the top, stopping occasionally for loading and unloading.  When we got to the very top, Drake surprised me by capturing my lips in a quick kiss.  “So tell me, what’s been going on with you?”  I figured this would be the best time to tell him since we were about 100 feet in the air.  “Well, when we were at the hotel in Arizona and you were talking to Ryan, I went to go see what was wrong with Pierce.”  “He didn’t try to kiss you, did he?”  He practically growled.  “Uh, I don’t know.  But, he told me that he was mad at you for taking away the only girl he ever fell for; me.”  I laid a hand on his arm to calm him down, but I could practically see steam radiating off of him.  “Don’t worry, you’re the only guy I love, and ever will.”  I placed a soft kiss on his lips, and pulled away right when we were at the bottom.  “I love you.”  I said before the man opened the gate.  “I love you more.”  I got to pick the next ride, so I went for the carousel.  We each chose our horses, and the ride started up.  We took lots of selfies, which no one else could see, but it was still fun.  “What’s next?”  I looked over to the funhouse.  “What about that?”  I pointed over to it.  Drake nodded, and began leading me to the front.  I paused as I saw a scary clown at the entrance.  “Uh, maybe we’ll come back to this.”  He furrowed his eyebrows.  “Why not now?  We’re already here, and the other rides are all the way on the other side.”  I swallowed hard, and nodded.  We kept walking, and as I passed the clown, he honked a horn in my ear.  I flung myself into Drake’s arms, screaming.  He quickly looked around for who might’ve harmed me, but then realization washed over his face.  “You’re scared of clowns!”  I nodded, still clinging onto him for dear life.  “Don’t worry, I’ll protect you.”  He said, smirking.  I hit his arm right before we entered the funhouse.  We went through a mirror maze, took goofy pictures in front of fun mirrors, and walked across several paths that moved before Ryan texted Drake telling him they was ready to go.  We met them at the front gate, and I thanked the Lord above for such an amazing boyfriend who didn’t make me ride any roller coasters and protected me from clowns.  

 Sorry it's been so long since the last update, the craziness in my life has continued, haha!  I just want to take a moment to thank you all for reading this and commenting, voting, and fanning.  It truly means the world to me!  <3 MWAH!  

Stay strong, you're beautiul. 

xxxmattixxx