Chapter Thirty

"Charolette Horan, do you take this man to be your husband; to live together in the covenant of marriage? Will you love him, comfort him, honor and keep him, in sickness and in health; and, forsaking all others, be faithful to him as long as you both shall live?" I looked into his eyes deeply and smiled. "I do." Drake squeezed my sweaty hand tightly, mirroring the look on my face. "Drake Smith, do you take this woman to be your wife; to live together in the covenant of marriage? Will you love her, comfort her, honor and keep her, in sickness and in health; and, forsaking all others, be faithful to her as long as you both shall live?" Without a moment of hesitation, Drake answered, "I do." I smiled a little bigger, knowing what part came next. "Now that Charolette and Drake have given themselves to each other by solemn vows, with the joining of hands and the giving and receiving of a ring, I pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss your bride." This is it, we're really married. I'm bonded to this man standing in front of me for the rest of my life...and I couldn't be happier. With one swift motion, Drake dipped me backwards in his arms, and placed his lips directly over mine. "Your dress is beautiful." He barely got the words out before he crashed his lips into mine, and the people cheered. He pulled his head back to smirk at me, showing off his dimples. "It'll look even better on the hotel floor." My cheeks tinged pink at his words and he picked me up bridal style. The small crowd continued to cheer as he walked down the aisle with me in his arms, towards the awaiting limo. He gently placed me on the seat, and came in behind me while the driver shut the door. "You look beautiful, Mrs. Smith." I grinned wider than I thought possible, and placed a lingering kiss on my husband's lips. "Not too shabby yourself, hubs." A grin spread across his face, and he brushed my lips one more time. "How does it feel to be a married woman?" He asked, eyeing me suspiciously. "Honestly..." I trailed off. "It's absolutely amazing." I finished, with a smile. He squeezed my hand tightly, then picked it up to inspect the ring. "It looks beautiful on you. But really, what doesn't?" I blushed at that. A few short minutes later, we arrived at our destination. I hadn't even been paying attention to where we were. The driver opened the door, and held his hand out to help me step out if the car. I took a look around, nothing but trees. And by now, it was starting to get a little dark. I looked at drake questioningly, but he just smiled at me as the driver got back in the car and left. He surprised me by picking me up bridal style, (hey, what do you know? I actually am a bride now!) and began to carry me down a trail big enough for us to fit through comfortably without ducking. All of a sudden, I saw little flickering lights. "Candles?" I said more to myself than to him. He continued not to say anything, and kept carrying me. Soon enough, a structure came into view. A viticulture Victorian home, with candles lit all around the porch. A sign was placed in the yard reading, 'just married' in bold letters. As we got closer, I noticed the abundance of rosy petals lining the steps that led to the house, and my smile grew. "This...it's all so sweet." I said, turning my head back to him. "Well, I had some help, but I'm so glad you think so." He carried me all the way to the door, and opened it. He didn't go in just yet though, he stopped. "This is that cliche moment when I'm supposed to kiss you and carry you over the threshold...but we are really a cliche couple." He captured my lips in a kiss before I could ever respond, and I felt him take a wide step over the threshold. He sat me down once inside, only to wrap his hands around my waist. "You know, I really love you...and I promise, that no matter what, we're going to have the most kick ass marriage ever." I giggled at his words, although kind of goofy, still somehow sweet. "And I promise, that we're going to have the most kick ass kids ever. If they're anything like their dad, at least."