Chapter Twenty One

*6 months later* "Hey, babe, we're back." I ran over to hug my boyfriend. "I missed you." He smiled, and pecked my lips. "I missed you more." I gladly kissed him back. "Oh, get a room." Drake said, obviously annoyed. Ok, so you're probably all wondering who my boyfriend is. Well, a lot has happened lately, and about four months ago, Pierce and I started going out. Yeah, yeah, big shocker. Another thing, they caught Russell. He is no longer roaming the streets in search of my family. Drake found him with his crew walking around downtown, and he called for a bunch of backup. Before you knew it, they were all taken into custody. I have to keep my guards, because I'm now known as the 'girl with the insane grandpa' and that can stir up trouble with paparazzi. "Do you want to have a movie night? Just us?" I nodded, excitedly. Drake and Pierce had been on a business trip out with my dad in Boston, so he sent in two other guards. They were both extremely scary, to say the least. One of them was in his fifties, and the other was in his mid twenties. Neither one said a word to me the whole time they were here, so I just stayed with Ryan the whole time. "Alright, let me go put my stuff in my room, and I'll be right there." I smiled in response, and went to go get the movie ready. Pierce came up about ten minutes later, and we decided on watching Elf...it just never gets old. About half way through, Pierce's phone rang and he announced that he had to take it. I waited for about half an hour until he came back with an unreadable expression on his face. "What is it?" He swallowed once before embracing me in a tight hug. "I have some bad news." He said with a shaky breath. I pulled away to look at him in the eyes. Oh no, I have a feeling that I'm not going to like this. "I'm being transferred to Florida." My eyes started gathering tears in them, as did his. "When do you have to leave?" A few of my tears started falling when he answered. "Tomorrow morning, I'm on the first flight out at 7:00." I continued to cry until I had no more tears left. Why is it that everything I love has to leave me? "Ok. Can I still call you?" He shrugged sadly. "I'll have to call you when I get a chance. The job is pretty big and I won't have much free time." I nodded in response, and continued to hug my boyfriend for what seemed like hours. "I guess I should go tell the guys." I reluctantly let him go, and watched as his slumped figure walked down the hallway. *Next morning* We were on our way to the airport, and everyone came along. No one said a word until we got there, and Ryan offered to help with his luggage. We walked down to his terminal where he was being picked up by a private jet, hand in hand. He stopped to look at us, smiling. "Well, this has been quite the adventure, I have to say. It was fun." He did one of those 'man hug' things with them, then walked over to me and engulfing me in another hug. "Charlie, I love you. I always have, and always will. I don't want you to stop dating because of me, so go find a guy that treats you right." I smiled into his shirt, letting a few tears leak out. "I love you too, and I'll try." With one last peck on the lips, he boarded the plane and it took off moments later. I stood at the window in disbelief as his plane rose off of the ground, and out of my sight. Everything just became real in that moment, and I dropped to the ground. Everything...gone. After Ryan got me up off of the ground, he helped me out to the car. "It's ok, you're a strong girl and you can find someone else." I shook my head as I landed in a heap in the backseat. "I only want him though." I had grown to love Pierce, although something inside of me told me that we weren't really made for each other. Before he left to go on that conference, we kept getting in arguments and it just didn't feel the same. But he filled an empty void inside of me, and I relied on him to do so. Once we got home, I went to my room where I spent the next few days. A knock on my door sounded, but I didn't bother inviting the person in. Instead, the door was suddenly unlocked, and in came Ryan. "How did you open that?" He held up a shiny silver key, and came to sit next to me. "Want some food?" I shook my head. "Something to drink?" I replied the same way again, shaking my head. "You need to get over Pierce. I never liked him anyway, and I know you can find someone better." Once again, I shook my head and let out a long sigh. In one swift motion, I was swooped up and set in front of my closet. "Get dressed, I'm taking you to the mall." I perked up a little at this. "Really?" He nodded before leaving. I decided on showering, since I hadn't in a few days, so I turned the hot water on. I let my hair down and peeled my clothes off before stepping in. The hot water felt so good on my back while I massaged my scalp with shampoo. After I dried off, I picked a pair of shorts with a plain tank top. I let my hair do it's own thing, with a little mousse. Ryan was waiting downstairs for me, and smiled when he saw that I actually agreed to come. When I looked past him, I cringed. He was coming too...of course. When we got to the mall, I went straight to Abercrombie & Fitch. I decided it would be the best place to start, then work my way down. I left there with two shirts, a sweater, and some jeans. Hollister was next, but I left there empty handed. Mostly because I couldn't see what I was looking at, but I really only wanted to go for the cologne samples. They smell so good, like the rest of the store. I stopped in front of Pink, and sighed before giving Pierce the puppy dog face. "Fine." He reluctantly followed behind me, earning a few weird looks from nearby employees. I had no problem with the guys standing there watching me pick out bras, but I'm pretty sure it made the other girls uncomfortable. "Guys, you need to wait outside. You're freaking these girls out." Ryan was happy to leave, but Drake however, stood close behind me before leaning down to whisper in my ear. "Guess I won't get to see you try these on then?" I shuddered as his hot breath fanned over my ear, but before I could respond, he had already walked away. My heart was still beating 100 miles per hour, and in that moment I realized something. I'm still in love with Drake Smith. Having Pierce just distracted me, but there was always that feeling when he would look at me, and that little voice inside of me that told me Pierce and I weren't right for each other. I wasn't over him, but I wasn't about to go back. I don't handle cheating very well, obviously. After I tried my items on, I ended up getting 3 new ones. I quickly paid the cashier, and headed out to find the guys. I found them standing by a plastic tree in the middle of the stores. "I'm ready to go whenever you guys are." I said holding up my pink striped bag. "I'm ready, I've had enough humiliation for one night." I smiled sightly, enjoying his embarrassment. We headed back home, when I remembered why we came to the mall in the first place. Not only did I lose my boyfriend, but a bodyguard too. My mood went from good to bad in an instant, but I forced myself to wait until we were inside before I let myself cry. I quickly thanked Ryan for taking me to the mall, then ran up to my room. I found a small note lying on my pillow, and I opened it curiously. 'I'm sorry for what I did, please come talk to me? -Drake.' I debated weather or not to go, but decided on the latter. He'd hurt me enough and I just lost my boyfriend, I didn't need another heartbreak. The rest of my night was spent crying about everything in the world, and watching re-runs of Full House until I fell asleep.

(A/N): So terribly sorry it's been so long since I updated last! Thank you so much for putting up with my crazy schedule. I love you all, so very much. You're beautiful, put that smile on your face!

xxxmattixxx .