Chapter Nineteen

"Charlie, Ryan and I are going down to eat. Do you want to come?" Are you kidding? After all of the cotton candy I just ate? "Nah, I'm ok. I'll just stay here and catch up on my Jersey Shore." Yeah, pretty much addicted to that show. Drake walked over to me, and pulled me into a hug. You'd think he was leaving for a month, not going to eat. "If he tries anything, and I mean anything, you call me." I nodded, smiling. He was referring to Pierce, who was currently in the bathroom. "I will." I laid down on the bed as they left, hoping I could somehow manage to go to sleep before Pierce came back. Sadly, I didn't manage. I just continued to watch my jersey shore, and act like I was really into it. A commercial came on, and I took a sideways glance over at him. He was just staring at me, looking like a sad little puppy. "What's up with the face?" I turned to give him my full attention. "I just don't understand why you keep ignoring me." I took a deep breath, before starting. "Pierce, I don't want to ignore you, it's just that I have a boyfriend who I love very much. I'm in a very hard point in my life right now, and I just really don't need to pile anything else on top of it." He sighed, nodding at the same time. "Ok, I understand. But when he breaks your heart, I'll be here." I furrowed my eyebrows at his last statement. "Breaks my heart? Care to explain?" He looked at me with no emotion on his face, and began. "He's never been the committed type. He might've told you we were in school together? He was known as the school's player." This was shocking news to me, but I tried my hardest not to let it get to me. "People change, Pierce. He loves me, and no one else." He rolled his eyes. "I wouldn't be so sure." I raised my eyebrows. "So you're suggesting that he's cheating on me?" He shrugged nonchalantly. "Not necessarily. Just because he kissed Chloe twice doesn't mean he's cheating...right?" My stomach dropped, and I suddenly felt like I was going to be sick. "He...he did?" I said in a barely audible voice. "You didn't know?" I shook my head. "No, he left that part out." Pierce shook his head, disapprovingly. "Figures." I shook my head again, trying to clear my head. "I'm going to go get some fresh air up on the roof. I'll take my phone just incase. Do me a favor, and don't tell anyone where I am." I ran out the door, needing to be alone. One thought played over and over in my head...Drake kissed Chloe twice. He cheated on me. I finally let the tears fall that I had been holding in. My heart felt like it was twisting in my chest, and I just wanted to punch a wall. When I got up to the rooftop, I was completely alone. I had just gotten to the ledge, when my phone rang. Drake. I quickly declined the call, and looked at the skyline ahead of me. This really sucks, I've never been in a real relationship and had my heart broken. My phone rang again, so I declined it and ripped the battery out before throwing it as far as I could. Guess that defeats the purpose of having it, but whatever. I was pretty sure that I had just run out of tears, when someone walked up behind me. I put my hands up, ready for something to happen, when two arms wrapped around me. "Charlie, why haven't you been answering your phone? No one knew where you were." Thank you, Pierce, I thought to myself. I gently pushed Drake off of me, and looked down at the ground. "Charlie, what's wrong?" I started shaking, and my bottom lip slightly quivered with each word. "I'm breaking up with you." He looked at me like I had just killed a puppy. I felt so bad, then I remembered what he had done to me. "Why?" Was his response. "I know what you kissed her twice, Drake. It may not be a big deal to you, but it is to me." He shut his eyes tight, holding back a few tears. Don't break now, Charlie. "Charlie, I'm so sorry. I was just confused when she showed up and-" "Well, maybe you can find another girl when you clear your head." I spat venomously, holding back the tears that had come back at the most inconvenient time. I ran back inside before he could say another word, but didn't feel like going to the room. Time to wander around the hotel, I guess. By the time I had mustered up the courage to go back to the room, it was about midnight. No one came looking for me, which I was very grateful for. When I opened the door, no one said a word as I walked over to the bed and looked out the window. I could feel six eyes burning into my back, so I went out on our balcony. Why do bad things happen to me? Why am I always so stressed and worried about everything? I decided that Ryan was the only one I could trust anymore. When I went back in, everyone stopped talking to look at me. "What are you all staring at?" They turned to look at the t.v., but it was on spongebob. I rolled my eyes, and got under the covers of the horrible bed. I really don't understand hotel beds. I mean, you pay for the room, so why not put a comfortable bed in it? I guess the other guys got tired too, because they started turning the lights off and shirts as well. Drake had a pained expression as I made Ryan lay in the middle. I never could get tired, so I stared at the t.v. until my eyes hurt. "Psst." A faint noise sounded from my right. I turned my head towards the sound, and blinked my eyes to adjust to the darkness over that way. Pierce patted the foldout couch beside him, so I got up and laid down next to him. I don't know what possessed me to, but I did. "Did you break up with Drake? He seemed pretty upset when he came back." I slowly nodded. "If you need a shoulder to cry on, I'm here for you." I smiled sadly. "Look, it's sweet and all, but I don't think I'm ready for another relationship just yet." I didn't quite feel comfortable enough with him either. Something about him just made me feel like I didn't know his whole story. "Pierce?" He waited for me to continue. "You know, I don't really know you all that well, why don't you tell me more about yourself?" He nodded. "Well, I grew up in Nebraska, but then my dad got a job in Washington. I didn't fit in at my school, and got mixed up with the wrong crowd. I was into street fighting and drugs for a while, but then I realized that wasn't the life I wanted to live. I totally changed after that, and now here I am." I smiled brightly. So that was why he could be so edgy sometimes. It made perfect sense. "Well, you know everything about me." He laughed. "Well, that's not a bad thing." I smiled again, starting to warm up to him. About an hour later after we were done talking, I shut my eyes and drifted into a somewhat peaceful sleep...for a while, at least.

*Dream*

"Charlie, did you forget about me?" Matt spoke with venom intertwined in his words. "How could I?" He ran a finger down my jawline and smirked. "You always were a feisty one. Too bad you were a pain to keep up with." I refrained from the comment I was about to use against his last statement, and closed my eyes. "Oh, did you hear about your precious daddy? It's a shame he died so young." My heart sank in my chest. "You killed my father, too?" He nodded, placing a hand softly around my neck. "With my own bare hands." I swallowed hard, not once breaking eye contact. "But now, it's your turn, Charlie." He repeated my name over and over. It seemed to be getting louder too, until I realized that it wasn't his voice. "Charlie!" I was suddenly pulled out of my nightmare when I realized who it was, Drake. My eyes flew open, and I couldn't breathe. Drake was sitting over me, with a worried expression on his face. I quickly squirmed away from his intense gaze, and caught my breath at that exact moment. "I-I...uh, sorry, I don't know what made me have another nightmare." I blushed lightly, because I knew exactly what the cause was, I wasn't with Drake. They all made sure I was ok, before returning to their original positions. Well, except for Drake, who sat on the edge of the bed with apologetic look on his face. I chose that moment to look away, and go back to sleep.

How are you all doing? I hope all is well with my lovely fans <3

Could you do me a favor? My best friend, @bay0213 's birthday is tomorrow and I would love it if you could go post happy birthday on her wall! Thank you so much :)

Like my book? Prove it! :)

Vote, comment, fan.

xxxmattixxx