Chapter Seven

Last night, he called my dad to tell him everything.  I told him that under no circumstances would I talk to either of my parents about it.  They both took it pretty hard, and I felt bad about all of it even though it wasn’t my fault.  Drake walked into the living room where I was laying on the floor, and sat next to me.  “How’s your side?”  I shrugged, putting my hands under my head.  “It’s fine, I guess.”  I said, shrugging.  “Can I look at it?”  I nodded, as he slowly pulled up the side of my shirt.  He ran a finger over where the bruise was fading, and I got butterflies in my stomach.  “Does it look ok?”  He nodded, and swallowed hard, not once taking his eyes off of my stomach.  “I didn’t know you had your belly button pierced.”  I nodded, smiling.  He continued to let his eyes roam over my stomach, and I started feeling hot.  “Drake?”  He looked up with lust in his eyes.  “Kiss me.”  He hesitated for a moment, before putting his arms on either side of my head, and inching closer to me.  “Are you sure?  Once we do this, we can’t ever go back.”  I nodded, and put my hands on the back of his neck to hurry him up.  Our lips connected, and it was like a bomb went off inside of me.  It was the most passionate thing I’d ever experienced.  He pulled away, and looked at me after a few seconds with a huge smile on his face.  “Charlie, will you be my girlfriend?”  Aww, he was nervous!  This is a side of him I’ve never seen before.  I sat there shocked, before finally answering.  “One condition...”  He cocked his head to look at me.  “You promise never to leave me, ever.”  I was serious, I’m done with people going in and out of my life.  “Charlie, I promise to stay with you, no matter what.  I’ll protect you from anything harmful, and be completely faithful.”  The corners of my mouth turned up as I pulled his head back down to mine and he rolled over, pulling me on top of him.  He wrapped his arms around my waist, and I ran my hands through his hair.  I can’t tell you how long we stayed like that, but I loved every minute of it.  When we finally pulled away, I couldn’t help the huge smile across my face.  He had the same look.  “I think I’m starting to like this bodyguard thing.”  I giggled, and rolled off of him as I sat up.  “Me too.  The other one’s weren’t as much fun as you.”  I winked, and we stood up just as the phone rang.  I let Drake answer it, because he was closer to it.  “Hello?  Yes, Mr. Horan.  Would you like to speak with her?”  He sounded so much more professional with my dad.  I eyed him nervously when he turned to see if it was ok.  I nodded, so he handed me the phone, and I sighed.  “Hey, daddy.”  “How’s my little girl?”  I giggled, slightly.  “Good.  I’m not that little, you know.”  “Yes, I know hun.  How are you and Mr. Smith getting along?”  If only he knew.  “He’s pretty nice.  We don’t talk often though.”  I winked at him.  That kind of had a double meaning, if you know what I mean.  “Good, I’m glad.  Well, maybe you can come visit us sometime?  Your mom is having a panic attack.”  I laughed.  “Will do.  I’ll call you later then.  Love you, dad, tell mom I love her too.”  “Ok, we both love you too.”  I heard my mom scream that she loved me, and I laughed.  “Bye.”  I hung up, and put the phone on the coffee table.  “Come on, ‘Mr. Smith’.  I’m hungry.”  He rolled his eyes, as I grabbed his hand and led him to the kitchen.  “What do you want to eat?”  He shrugged.  “Pasta?”  “Yeah, sounds good.”  I pulled a pot out, and filled it with water.  When it started boiling, I reached up for the box, but I was too short.  I turned around, and looked as him with puppy dog eyes.  He laughed, and walked over to me.  He reached up, and pressed his whole body up against me.  He smirked when I blushed.  “Here you go.”  I grabbed it, and walked over to the boiling water, pouring it in.  

“You’re a good cook.”  He mumbled through a mouthful of food.  “Thanks.”  We were eating our pasta on my bed, watching t.v.  “So, what are your parents like?”  “Like all parents I guess.  I haven’t really seen them in a while.”  He looked really sad.  “Why not?”  He sighed.  “Well, I ran away when I was 16.”  “Oh, I-I’m sorry I shouldn’t have asked...”  He shook his head.  “No, it’s fine.  My dad was an alcoholic, so my mom told me to take my sister and run to my aunts house for the night.  I took her to my aunts, but then I left later after everyone went to bed.  Haven’t seen them since.”  I hugged him, tightly.  I thought I had a rough life?  It made me want to go jump off of a cliff for even thinking that for a second.  “I’m so, so sorry.”  I apologized.  “That’s ok.  I’m pretty much over it now.”  I hugged him for a little while longer, just listening to his heart beat.  I eventually pulled away to go clean up the food and mess in the kitchen.  As I was scrubbing a pot out, two arms wrapped around my waist.  I jumped, because it still made me think of Matt.  “Baby, why do you do that?”  I shrugged.  “Do what?”  “Jump when I touch you.”  I shrugged again.  “You came up behind me and scared me.”  “You do it even when you see me reaching out my hand.  Your heart races sometimes when I hug you, and I can tell there’s something wrong.”  I turned the water off, and started drying the pot off, completely ignoring him.  “Why do you do it?”  He whispered in my ear.  I got butterflies in my stomach, and closed my eyes.  “You can tell me, Charlie.”  He sad kissing right below my ear.  “I know.  It’s just too complicated.”  He let go of me, and sighed.  “Alright, you need to tell me if it’s anything serious, ok?”  I nodded.  “Do you want to go to bed?”  I looked at the clock, it was now 12:00.  “Yeah, guess we ate a late dinner, huh?”  He nodded, and grabbed my hand.  I tried my hardest not to flinch, but I think I failed pretty miserably.  He gave me one of his shirts to wear, and I changed.  “Your clothes smell good.”  I said, smiling.  He laughed, and tucked me into bed.  “Thanks, babe.  Goodnight, wonderful girlfriend.”  He kissed my forehead, and went back to his room.  I couldn’t have asked for a better bodyguard.