Partners or Sidekicks: Aizawa x Reader

This oneshot REALLY isn't an x Reader but rather a chance for one of you to earn a reference prize for a free request. This oneshot was a remnant of a chapter book I planned to upload in the past but yeah that's not happening anymore.

Heavily Inspired by an anime that's one of my all time favorites. Whoever can guess said anime gets a reference prize and once it's been figured out I'll take out this author's note and replace it with what the anime/reference was so that you all can eventually give it a try. Heads up, the reference may be one of the very last references I'll hide within this book.

Principal Nezu

From person to person, their opinion on him will surely vary from being the cute mouse or mascot of UA with others who'll think the total opposite: a demon spawn from hell who's picked the perfect worldly disguise. Today, Nezu summoned Shouta Aizawa to his office with not a single hint as to what was in store. Something of which isn't out of the normal, of course Aizawa had no clue what's to happen upon entering. Normally it's to bounce ideas of ways to keep UA safe and sound or maybe even to converse over how great he was at being a teacher. Nah... Nezu is a kind person but he hasn't pulled a personal meeting for just the occasion just yet. Today was a first on the other hand as Nezu had news of his own. Words that nobody would be able to predict to come from the tea loving mouse.

Shouta, after listening to his superior ramble for a few moments, began to glare with distaste. "So..." Aizawa's brain scrunched up with immense confusion just wondering if everything Nezu suggested was legit or not. "You're telling me to retire... And I'm only thirty..." Only athletes should be retiring at this age. Even Gran Torino is older than fifty and still kicking!

"Age has nothing to do with this Shouta," the mouse casually inhales his steaming herbal tea with nothing but sereen calm to spread across his features. One long sip of tea, and he lowers the lip of the cup from his lips. Somehow, he won't stop smiling. Has he ever went a moment without a smile to share? "Maybe hero work isn't such a good idea for you considering everything that's happened over the last year or so. You're juggling hero work AND a teaching gig. Not to forget your quirk is heavily disabled now. Maybe you should pick and choose: Hero work or being a teacher. I'd hate to have to let you go."

"Why you..." A vein formed atop Shouta's forehead. Nezu had a convincing argument, but why now? He could've spoken up weeks or even months ago. "You're seriously gonna fire me because what I'm doing is a good thing?" Seriously, where's the harm in being a teacher let alone a pro hero? He's doing nothing but GOOD for society. It's not like he's a pro hero during the day and a stripper at night. Now THAT'D be something Shouta would understand being let go over, but why this? Now that he thinks about it, if Nezu really does have the nerve to fire him, taking up a stripper occupation may just be a last resort. Gotta pay the bills somehow.

"Well you don't have to stop being a Pro... I just think you should cut back a little bit," Nezu hummed with delight.

Aizawa nearly facepalmed, "You should've just started with that." Way to give someone a heart attack.

"Considering how injured you've come to be in recent years, maybe you should consider a partnership."

A partnership? "I'm listening..." Aizawa wasn't very fond of the idea of a partnership but he isn't against it either. He can't even remember the last time he's gone on a solo mission after all. Nine times out of ten when he's on said missions he's either needed to be saved or if backup hadn't arrived then the day would've belonged to the villains. Either way, a partnership may just be exactly what he needs to avoid further injuring his body.

"Okay then," Nezu smiled ear to ear. "Pro Hero (Y/n)'s been loosely looking for a sidekick-"

"Hold up..." Aizawa wretched. "I thought you initially suggested a partnership... Not me being someone's sidekick." A partnership and sidekick are two entirely different things. Like black and white and night and day.