Come With Me: Midoriya x Reader

1st, Midoriya had more than noticed his classmates grow more antsy day after day the closer to winter break. Ashido and Kaminari were always counting down the days, Iida couldn't wait to see his dearly beloved brother since the establishment of the dorms, even Bakugou seemed to calm down little by little till his presence were rather peaceful. Midoriya found everyone's excitement heart lifting, everyone here had fallen victim to the spirit of Christmas. Even he were rosy cheeked and ready to tackle his mother with all the love he's been holding onto upon return home.

Unfortunately, there was one classmate of his in particular that seemed to... fall into despair the closer the big date arrived.

The way your smile looked painful, as if the corners of your mouth were pulled open with clothes pin. How you remained silent, with nothing but your pencil scratching the paper on the desk day after day without a word to leak. And lastly, a problem most, if not everyone's caught onto was how you locked yourself up within your small dorm just a few twists and turns down the hallway. Like a prisoner within his cell, you were avoiding something and that something must be rather bothersome. Almost everyone has left campus in order to return home for the holidays, overcame with smiles. Midoriya had stayed behind just a little bit longer in order to delicately wrap up a few last minute christmas gifts for friends and family but to also talk about training plans with his mentor, All Might. The man just told Midoriya to head on home, so he packed up a few things from his room like some clothes thrown into a suitcase, and a small backpack filled with presents he bought for his wonderful mother back home. "I can't wait to return home!" Midoriya spoke with a cheeky grin and stepped out of his dorm, you just so happened to be walking by with your winter gear on, wet footprints and snow caked boots, a trail that led all the way to your room.

It wasn't required for the students to leave campus over winter break, but it sure seemed like you had plans to remain for the next two weeks. Midoriya's heart fluttered, his assumptions could be wrong. The green haired boy tugged on the teal scarf hugging his mouth and neck to allow freedom of speech. "Hey (Y/n)!" Midoriya called out to you, waving his hand in a frenzy. His puffy green winter coat rustled with every movement he made.

You sighed, stopping in your tracks. "Hey Midoriya," there it was, the forced smile you were known to make lied upon your face like a mask. And not a good one either.

Midoriya scampered on over, his cheeks a little red since wearing a coat indoors made his body hot like the Sahara. "What's your plans for Christmas?" He inquired, only to see you shrug and hug yourself loosely.

"To stay here," you sighed once again.

"Awe... Why?" Midoriya frowned knowing his suspicions were confirmed.

So bothersome, yet you felt the need to answer your good friend. "I have a home, I just don't have a family to come home to," clearly, and not by the airy way you answered, you were greatly upset. Things must be hard at home for you to admit such a thing.

The curiosity got the better of Midoriya. "What's going on at home?" Midoriya asked of you, before gasping growing alert. "I-If you don't mind explaining to me that is!" His arms flailed around once again.

"I mean I guess not," you shrugged and continued your journey to the dorm that had your name printed upon the door. "You mind stepping in for a minute? I should've asked when we were still by your room."

"Not at all," Midoriya now wore the mask. He actually had a million problems with your invitation. A girl inviting a guy into her private room? Even though Midoriya knows you're a good person at heart, just thinking about going into another girl's bedroom sparked some anxiety. Things could go south quickly. You could pounce on him with love, or pounce on him with the intent to kill. Or absolutely nothing of the sorts will happen and it'll be a friendly conversation between two friends. Leave it to fate.

You unlocked your room and stepped to the side to let Midoriya within. He stepped in and unzipped his puffer coat to allow some relief in the form of cool air hug his body. He glanced around your room, having never seen it before now. Despite your gloomy spirit, your room was decorated according to the season. You had a small maybe two foot tall decorative false tree sitting upon your desk. But also christmas lights strung up about the room that twinkled and shined like the starry night. Magical.

You trailed behind Midoriya, not bothering to close the door, and sat upon neat made bed all the while pulling a cute reindeer plush wearing a pink top hat into your embrace. "So, as I said before," you debated on where to begin and Midoriya sat on the edge of his seat for more. "I don't really have a family to go home to because my siblings have lives of their own, my mom died long ago, and my dad is a villain... So, yeah... Sure you can see why I'm not heading home for Christmas-"

"Oh shoot I'm sorry for asking!" Midoriya got down on his knees and apologized. You were frightened by his sudden apology.

"It's fine Midoriya no need to apologize," you pulled your legs onto the bed, avoiding Midoriya's massive tear outbreak and saving your shoes from the aftermath. Why is this boy always so emotional?

"Sorry for being sorry," Midoriya clasped his hand over his mouth, he knows just how idiotic he sounds. You giggled, watching his features change from one expression to the next with each second he thought about his childish mistakes. "You know what," Midoriya picked himself up from the carpeted floors. "Please come over to my house (Y/n)."

"M-Midoriya-"

"It's not a problem!" His emerald eyes twinkled with wonder. "It gets rather lonely at my house when it's just me and my mom. Bet she's suffering now since we've moved into the dorms here. Please stay with me for a few weeks (Y/n). My treat," Midoriya had his hand held out, expecting you to take it within the second. This offer felt all so weird, but you can't decline. Your heart won't allow it. Midoriya's heart of gold was in the right place.

You wore a shy smile, taking his hand into yours. "If you insist," you snickered.

"I thought you'd fight me on that!" Midoriya's cheeks were glowing red. Might you even add his hands grew clammy by the second.

"I mean if you'd like from me to spend the holidays with you then I won't decline," you've worn the first genuine smile in a long while. "It's been years since the last time I've spent Christmas with anyone. I'm tired of relying on past memories to get me through to new years."

"Might I say the same," Midoriya rubbed the back of his neck. "Can't remember the last time I've spent Christmas with my dad. Since then, my mom is afraid to celebrate half of the time cause she misses him so much."

"Is he dead or-"

"No no!" Midoriya gasped. "He's just always working."

"Either way..." You held Midoriya's gloved hand just a little more firmly. "Looks like we need each other."

"Yeah," Midoriya felt at peace. Actually, not really.

Mom's gonna assume we're dating... I wouldn't mind at all but she always gets weird whenever I bring a friend home...