The Long Shot: Shigaraki x Reader

As of now with the manga, this oneshot is no longer accurate with the storyline of MHA. DON'T COMPLAIN OR POINT IT OUT TO ME!

It was quiet around the bar as usual, sometimes it was too loud for anyone's liking. But that was only when Toga was around, she won't shut up about the men she either has a die hard crush on or the men she'd gladly slaughter and string them up by their own intestines. And so the silence was peaceful, something worth hanging onto... Until the blonde brat woke up.

"I say it's about time I use Gravity Girl's blood! I can finally get to Izuku and taste that sweet blood of his," Toga giggled with hands pressed to her flustered cheeks and eyes rolling to the back of her head. Kurogiri and Shigaraki mentally gagged and tried to ignore her antics.

The cringy sound of Shigaraki scratching into the scarred flesh of his neck soon filled the atmosphere. "She's still sleeping isn't she?" Shigaraki groaned.

"Well yeah, of course She's still sleeping. All you ever do is torture her!" Toga tuts with hands on her hips.

"Before you comment," Kurogiri clears his throat. "Toga is correct for once."

"For your information... I'm not torturing her," Shigaraki finally stops scratching at his neck and stares at his iconic hand on the bar counter. "Father gave her some quirks and her body is still adjusting to them. I was told to check in on her every now and then."

"Well 'She' has a name..." Dabi stepped in. "Who is she?"

"Her name is (Y/n)," Shigaraki groans. "Father claims I know her, but I haven't seen her a day in my life."

"Then go talk to her!" Dabi growled. "She hasn't screamed for a day straight, maybe she's recovered. I don't really give a crap either way. I'm tired of you asking us about (Y/n)," Dabi wasn't one to be nice to begin with. He shares a few words then steps out.

Silence filled the room, Shigaraki shrugged and went back to the piece of paper sitting under his prized hand and picked up a pen carefully not to touch it with all five fingers and proceeded to hatch up a new plan to attack the hero organization. He didn't get very far.

"Talk to (Y/n)!" Toga cut up Shigaraki's plans skillfully with her trusty knife and was quick to make a getaway knowing the man would use his quirk to kill her on the spot. Shigaraki knew better than to chase after her, and grumbled curses under his breath all the while pulling out a new sheet of paper.

Shigaraki felt a pair of eyes watching over his every move. "Let me guess... You're going to say the same thing," Shigaraki groaned, not taking his crimson eyes off the paper.

"Well you read my mind," Kurogiri blankly states.

"Fine I'll do it," Shigaraki huffs in annoyance and made way for what was supposed to be your soundproof bedroom in the abandoned bar. Your screams were so loud they didn't do a thing to help. Turns out, Toga was wrong, you were awake. Leaning against the wall on the floor looking drained as ever with dark rings around your eyes.

"So... You're (Y/n). The girl father sent me to babysit," Shigaraki spoke carefully, he wanted to be little you so that you don't end up like the other idiotic villains he had to work with on a daily basis.

"You have some nerve... Talking to me like I'm a child," your voice quivered.

"I'm still pissed that you're my responsibility in the first place," Shigaraki growled.

"I can take care of myself, you of all people should know that," you tut and await for a reply. Hoping just hoping some memories came back to Shigaraki's head.

"Father said I should know you... So who the hell are you really?" Shigaraki finally admits that he's being a stupid child. So you couldn't help but snicker.

"Remember when Nana Shimura died?" You began.

"Haven't heard that name in a while," he admits.

"Before All for One took you in, we were both in the same foster home... Wish he could've took us both in... Instead I was left in the system until I was an adult with nowhere left to go. I remembered you all that time and... Thought you'd at least welcome me in to some extent," it was a long shot for sure. Tomura wasn't even in the foster system for all that long, but you clinged onto him. Hero's couldn't save your parents from the bad guys. Hero's abandoned you when you needed them most. The real hero here is All for One, he posed as a father to Shigaraki, and now he took you in under his wing.

"You were that girl," Shigaraki began. "That girl who didn't ignore me at the foster home."

"Well you aren't wrong," you snickered.

"But why did you follow me here, more than ten years later?"

"Because I want to be friends, if not that, then partners. I'm not so sure what I felt about you back then but I want to be with you Tomura... I hate heros more if not as much as you do..."

"Well you're here aren't ya?" Your heart skipped a beat. "If you really care about me that much, prove it, I'm making new plans to take down the heros as we speak."

"I won't let you down!"