Guardian Angel: Todoroki x Reader

Yes, This would be the 'first' 1st Person Point of View oneshot on this book. In all honesty, I really don't prefer to write in 1st Person but this oneshot wouldn't work well at all in 3rd Person. Because in 1st person you're limited to the thoughts of one person, I prefer 3rd because I have nothing holding me back AND I don't have to jump between povs.

Even though I'm technically almost an adult as of now, I can honestly admit that I never want to grow up. Of all people to inherit a creation quirk, it had to be me. Sounds cool yeah, but here's the catch: I can only create toys. My childhood was that of luxury! My only job was to play with the toys I made from dusk till dawn. With a quirk like mine, who would want to grow up? I'm always stuck within my head, playing around in a world of my own. One day, I could be imagining myself as a high ranking wizard in a land of mythology. Another day, I'll imagine myself within another fictional world that belongs to that of a tv show or book. Man.. I really don't like reality. Life is so cruel. You're born and raised to eventually work for the rest of your breathing days like a slave. Where's the fun, the freedom, the creativity? Exactly. That's why I don't want to grow up. Only children can be free.

Actually... I take that back. I take it all back. I knew a kid when I was younger, you know him too. Shoto Todoroki, the son of the current Number One Hero. Honestly, who doesn't know who he is? That aside, strap in. For about five years of my childhood, I dedicated myself to Shoto Todoroki. He was this horribly abused kid and sadly, as was I. It took one abused kid to know another. Ever since Shoto's quirk came in, he quit playing outside with me. Why? That's what I always asked. He dropped off the face of the earth without rhyme or reason.

Call it weird, but my five year old mind thought it'd be a good idea to spy on Shoto. Yes, I was quite the peeping tom back then. I'd spy on him by peeking in through the windows of his home and even climbing trees too. While I don't regret spying on him, I deeply wished that his reasoning for ghosting me wasn't what it truly was. Instead, I was faced with the harsh reality that Shoto was forced to face adulthood at such a young age. His father, man I hate him, was putting Shoto through back breaking torture he called 'training' in order to become the next Number One. The training was so rigorous, Shoto was isolated from his siblings and the outside world. I lost count of how many times Shoto cried and how they echoed endlessly through my head.

At that point I knew, a fucking four year old knew, that Shoto's future wasn't very bright. So many different routes opened up within my brain as to how his life would end up. I was like a clairvoyant sadly, no thanks to my own parents. They were criminals who were in and out of the jailhouse like the rise and fall of the sun. I definitely saw a life of villainy or prison time in Shoto's future as he'd likely rebel against the thought of becoming a hero. I also saw potential suicide as Shoto's depression was crippling with no signs of lightening up. Another potential future for Shoto was nothing. Literally him, lying around, wanting nothing to do with hero work yet he doesn't have the motivation to do something he wants either being raised under a roof with no freedom. I didn't want Shoto to end up this way, and there was no way I was going to allow it.

Call it something little, each night before I'd have to come home I'd drop by Shoto's home and create a little toy just for him and lie it upon his windowsill. The very first toy I gave him was a stuffed dog with chocolate brown fur and black marble eyes. I figured he could hug it for comfort or use his imagination and give it a personality of its own. He did. My heart felt like it had wings once Shoto found that toy. It was a genuine smile that I saw on his face. I think I saw him cry too but I was too far away to know. I knew I did the right thing once I saw Shoto hug the dog and finally went home.

Much to my dismay, Enji Todoroki destroyed that dog I gave Shoto and he was a mess once again. I was willing to do whatever it took to keep Shoto happy. So what did I do? I gave Shoto a new toy every night before I went home and he had no clue that I was the one leaving them there for him. How did I know that? It was the most adorable thing when he began leaving thank you notes for his 'guardian angel' when in reality you knew it must have been for yourself. One simple act must make Shoto feel all sorts of special or else you wouldn't have continued to bring him toys day after day for the next four years.