Demons: Bakugou x Reader Part 1

Day 4 of x Reader Week.
Inspiration for this x Reader comes from the WebToon Ghost Wife. AND... I keep treating one and two parters on this book like chapter books so I keep unintentionally going all out on them and ended up deleting a good 1/4 of this cause it was unnecessary.

Katsuki Bakugou, the King of Explosions. Although very few came to like his personality, everyone respected him almost more than themselves. He had a dream, and quite an ambitious one too. Most who dream of becoming a hero settle for the dream of just quite simply becoming one. Nope, not Bakugou. He wanted to become number one and he was making his presence known to all! Bakugou is and remains at the top of his class, won first place in the sports festival and was one of very few who had All Might’s praise. Too bad that dream of his is now out of reach. The entire school was silenced when Bakugou’s breath exhausted for good. Only the memories of this explosive blonde remained. He died a hero, and a hero he shall remain as  Bakugou took himself and a villain out of the equation simultaneously that very day.

Bakugou learned first hand that death is an entirely different world than that of the living. Yet, all so very similar. The realm of the dead is an overlay of the living, riddled in darkness and nightmares that the eyes of most humans refuse to see. Everyone’s true natures will show, and the living have no idea that they could be standing next to a demon or be tailed by one. Even in death, Bakugou continues to fight his own demons despite being one himself. He refuses to lower himself to nothing! To trash he means. Demons are scum beneath his shoes in his eyes. The stronger willed you were in the living determines how strong you are in death. Bakugou stands high on the power scale. Bakugou couldn’t care less about his position of power, he’s still pissed off to have died in the first place and thrives to become human once again even if it means embracing his demonic side.

Bakugou’s black claws distended, they sheared through the rubbery flesh of demons and ghosts alike. A cloud of black laying low within the air had meant their true demise. The smoke would flood Bakugou’s nostrils, thick almost sweet in smell, well… To him at least. Bakugou longed for the moment he could slain another demon as their remains reminded Bakugou of when he was living. His explosion quirk had this distinctly sweet yet ashy smell he had came to love yet dearly miss now as killing the demons was his perfect alternative. Addicted. That’s what he was. Even among a society of demons and spirits, they disapprove of his dark behavior. “Are you satisfied? You sick fuck…” A teenage demon, much like Bakugou, stepped before the blonde with a hand outstretched behind himself to scratch his neck. His eyes were gold and sharp, like a snake, as they honed in on Bakugou’s demonic form. His stringy black hair clouded his face adverting some of his sight. 

Who is this demon you may ask? He’s Bakugou’s demon and he doesn’t have a name anymore. Demons don’t carry their living names into the afterlife, therefore this demon didn’t have a name of his own. If you don’t have a name, Bakugou would surely give you one. “Snake Bastard,” Bakugou seethed with a rudy red gaze. “Not like anybody cared about those pests anyways…”

Much like his name suggests, Snake’s forked tongue slipped out from between his lips and hissed. “They’re trying to get by… Just like the rest of us.”

“You do you and I’ll do me,” Bakugou’s hands were grotesquely malformed to that of a monster’s even as he flashed Snake the birdie.

“For how much of a monster you are, it’s a surprise how you’re still able to wear human skin.” Snake’s appearance remained more human than most demons despite his many small reptilian characteristics being a newcomer and all. He’s been here as long as Bakugou and he’s never seen a new resident of the dead transform as fast as Bakugou was. Snake even dragged his tongue over his canines to make sure his weren’t as large as Bakugou’s. Thankfully, they weren’t while Bakugou was borderline vampire with fangs like those.