Detached: Kaminari x Reader

Zombie Apocalypse AU

I went so in detail this could've easily been a book. So keep the layout and important info of this x reader in mind cause I want to do more Apocalypse AU x Readers.

"Are you sure she's in there? Nobody goes in there anymore," Kirishima scratches his chin, noticing the old classroom door were open just by a crack. The doorknob were free of dust within recent use.

"Yeah she's in there," Kaminari reassured upon wrapping his forearm with a roll of discolored bandages. Midoriya stepped forward and caught Kaminari's hand.

"You really shouldn't go on the supply run today," the green haired boy told the blonde. "You've been overusing your quirk lately... Just look at your arm," Kaminari's yellow orbs stared at his forearm of scarred burnt flesh.

"Yeah..." Kirishima agreed. "Your quirk is almost quite literally cooking you."

"Then I won't use my quirk, problem solved!" Kaminari snickered. "Probably not the best thing to say but we're all going as a group today. I'm pretty sure one of you can protect me if I need it. Plus it was my idea to bring (Y/n) along since none of us can fly right?" Kirishima and Midoriya nodded lightly to Kaminari's valid point. Bad idea that Kaminari is a dead weight since he can't use his quirk, great idea though that he's the only one out of the entire school who can persuade you into going outside. "C'mon lets go wake her up," Kaminari waved his hand, pushing on the classroom door before stepping in. There you were peacefully sleeping.

Silence, just how you liked it. To be able to sleep without anyone or anything to threat your existence. Even with saying this, you slept with your head cradled in your arms in your assigned seat in class 1A. The rest of the classroom remained barren, dusty, decorated with cobwebs and families of overgrown spiders. Naps in the old classroom kept you, in a sense, sane. It reminded you of the days back when everything was bright, happy, safer than it was now in reminder that the past could be reality once again in time.

"Hey (Y/n), wakey wakey," Kaminari shook you back into consciousness. You yawned, cracking open an eye. You took notice that Kaminari, Kirishima, and Midoriya were all aligned together with flat spacious bags on their backs and hips.

You knew exactly what they wanted. "No..." You sighed.

"C'mon (Y/n) please," Kaminari slumped forwards.

"I'd kill myself before going out there..." You admit, burying yourself within the sleeves of your tattered flannel jacket. Your comment alone made the boys wonder if you've turned suicidal and were at a risk. They don't want to say goodbye to another friend.

Kaminari pets your backside comfortingly. "(Y/n)... We really need you for this supply run. We need medicines but the hospital's entrance is overrun with the dead. Cause..." Kaminari rolled up his sleeves to show off his new arm of bandages in which you rose your head and took in the sight. "Lots of us have some sort of flu, and I need medicines too."

"But... But why am I needed?" Kirishima were taken back that Kaminari had actually gotten to you in a sense. You haven't been this open in months.

"Cause you have wings and we don't," Kaminari just out and says with a snicker. "C'mon (Y/n) do it for me!"

"I want a few more people than just us going on this supply run. Got it?"

"You got it!" Kaminari out and hugged you right on the spot. You gasped, not being able to remember the last time you'd ever receive a hug. In which you finally returned the hug with tears in your eyes.

Kaminari with Midoriya's help persuaded a few more survivors into coming along for the hospital supply run. Todoroki couldn't say no to Midoriya, neither could Iida. Kaminari roped in Sero and that marked the completion of the group. Upon stepping outside of the academy, your stomach grew sick with a growing depression seeing what lies beyond the brick and steel walls of the Academy. Originally those walls were built for the purpose of keeping out quirkless individuals, newscasters, anyone who didn't attend the school so to speak and most importantly villains. Nowadays, the walls had only one purpose, to keep out the living dead. Yes, even in a superpowered society the dead outnumbered everyone. Most with quirks easily grew tired upon fighting the dead so now the use of quirks were next to useless since half of the time the dead came back no matter what measures would be taken.