Reading Addiction: Present Mic x Reader

“Iida, Uraraka keep your voices down,” Midoriya pleaded from his friends with tears in his eyes. He’d hate to make a mess out of the library of which was meant for peace and silence. Iida and Uraraka were too busy laughing it up at a dull joke the girl had told beforehand that Midoriya hadn’t even thought was funny in the first place yet they were laughing like hyenas.

Uraraka found Deku’s pleading a laughingstock in itself. “There’s no need Deku,” Uraraka hummed with a tilt of her head, Midoriya calmed down.

“But it’s a library… Libraries are meant to be quiet,” Midoriya was speechless to say the least.

“Miss (Y/n) welcomes noisy students Midoriya,” Iida announced while motioning towards you from behind your mighty desk. You sipped on some water in a flashy bottle through a straw blindly while you were nose deep within the computer screen. The computer screen reflected upon your red spectacles, all the students saw was text cluttering a screen of white.

“Why though?” Midoriya questioned.

“Your Librarian has a thing for one of the teachers here,” Midnight, with ears that caught that question like a ball to a mitt, the pro hero popped out from behind a bookcase with a devilish snicker.

“Really?” Uraraka questioned all giddy, meanwhile you remained oblivious to the conversation.

Midnight turned herself around, clicking a button upon the computer monitor turning the screen black. You slumped forwards with a pout. “You betcha,” Midnight slung her arm around your shoulders. “(Y/n) has liked him since we were all in highschool.”

“Geez Midnight,” you complained, adjusting your glasses by pushing on the bridge with your index finger. “Guess my personal life isn’t secret anymore.”

“It’s Present Mic right?” Uraraka hummed.

“Oh geez,” you shrank behind your desk with a strong desire to kill yourself.

“Makes perfect sense,” Iida scratched his chin. “Why else would Ms. (Y/n) allow noisy students when Present Mic is the noisiest man around!” Iida let off a laugh that erupted from the depths of his gut.

“I’m also guessing you and Ms. (Y/n) are good friends too,” Midoriya asked and Midnight nodded her head.

“Correct once again,” Midnight wore this mildly pleased smirk in which everybody knew meant no good for she was reaching over the desk and forced you to show your beating red face. The students had finally realized that you and Midnight wore exact replicas of the same glasses. Of course the two of you had to be best friends. “No need to be shy (Y/n),” Midnight reassured.

“Yeah, a teacher on teacher crush is adorable!” Uraraka cheered.

“Thanks,” you forced a grin upon your face while turning even more shades of red. “But please… Keep out of my love life.”

“Sure,” Uraraka smiled.

“Have a nice day Ms. (Y/n),” Midoriya waved at you and you returned the nice gesture. Him and the others took a seat at a nearby table to study.

“That meant you too,” You pout at Midnight who you knew, never got the message across.

“Hope you realize Valentine’s Day is just around the corner,” Midnight sang.

“Don’t remind me…” You growled, turning on the computer monitor and ate up at the knowledge the internet had to offer.

-----

“Yo Midnight!” Present Mic pointed at Midnight with swagger and a cheesy smile plastered across his face, the usual knowing this boisterous man. Midnight stopped her peaceful walk, annoyed for it to be interrupted, but had paid attention to the fellow Pro Hero anyways. “Ya seen Aizawa?” He asked briefly seeing as to how Midnight gave him her full attention.

Midnight almost said no, but she caught herself mid speech and put on a devilish smirk. “He’s napping in the library,” she lied right through her teeth with a tasteful hum.

“Thanks pretty lady,” Present Mic in turn ran full force for the library of UA.

Midnight snickered. “I’m sorry (Y/n) but I can’t let an opportunity so perfect slip away.”

“Oh Aizawa!” You heard the man of your dreams sing from within the hallway. Internally, you began to freak. Hisashi never comes to the library, you thought immediately. And there you heard that echoing voice once again that called for his childhood friend. Your palms began to sweat, yet you mentally prepared yourself for a disaster to unfold. Once that blonde haired man stepped in however, you jolted and fixed your eyes upon the computer. Your worst nightmare began to unfold as he made way for your desk.

“Yo (Y/n),” Mic striked a pose. “Long time no see. How’s the job coming along?” Shit! He’s beginning small talk. There’s reasons why I chose this library job over a hero job.

“Nothing really happens as always,” you forced a smile upon your face with your eyes still fixed onto the computer since you were ignoring Present Mic to the best of your ability.

“Read everything in the library?” Mic questioned.

“How… How did you know?” You found the previous question strange.

“Well that quirk of yours allows you to remember everything you read within the second you read it. Figured you’ve read everything here if you’re on the internet 24/7,” Present Mic tapped on the computer monitor that had purely words strew across the screen just like earlier within the day.

“Oh… Yeah you caught me,” you shyly laugh, turning off the monitor. “Reading is like candy, my brain can’t get enough,” you resume to laugh awkwardly. “Heard you’re looking for Aizawa-”

“Nah he can wait,” Mic rested against your desk. “Have any plans for this weekend…” No answer. “Valentines day?” Mic cleared it up.

“Oh,” you trailed off. “I’m single… I’ll be spending the day alone like always,” you sigh.

“Then how about you spend it with me?” Mic pointed at himself with his thumbs.

“Huh?”

“You never did agree to date me back in highschool, why not now?” Mic wore that radiant smile like he always had.

“You never asked me out,” you admit slumping your shoulders feeling as if you’ve been missing out on a lifetime of adventures.

“Come on (Y/n),” Mic laughed. “Of course I did, you can’t forget whatever you read. I asked you out through a note during class… Lavender paper if I remember correctly.”

“That was your note?” Your cheeks flared up as Mic nodded his head to confirm. “There was no name… I thought I was being pranked…”

“Nope it was me. 100% me~” Mic sang out of the blue which startled you very much to fall backwards within your seat but quickly pick yourself up. “So how about it?” Mic leaned up against the desk, your mouth was open but no words followed. “I’ll take your cherry face as a yes!” You squealed feeling a burning sensation within your cheeks.

“You owe me,” Aizawa huffed shooting a glare at Midnight as she watched Present Mic make you swoon to the point you looked physically sick with wobbling knees and a face as red a cherry just like Mic had said before.

Midnight shifted her attention onto the sleeping beauty and crossed her arms. “I don’t owe you a thing,” she claimed.

“You made me hide from that idiot all day… It’s quite a pain,” Aizawa yawned all the while rubbing his drowsy bloodshot eyes with the backs of his hands.

“Fine,” Midnight puffed out her lip thinking very briefly. “How about you… Ya got a date?”

“Of course I don’t,” Aizawa knew where this was going and spun on his heel.

“Then how about me badboy!?” Midnight called out with flailing arms.

“Not in a million years…” And so he walked away.