[17] Broomie's In The Closet (Part 1)

Having a bad day? Maybe my three-weeks-old kittens will cheer you up! :D

Any ideas for names? One is a boy and the other is a girl.

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

| Fresh

Okay...this was definitely not what I had expected to happen. I was just walking home from school, as normal, when I ran into Mr. Ink.

Like, talk about awkward.

Especially after he made me go down a very bad memory lane.

'Oh, hey Fresh,' Mr. Ink looked embarrassed as he offered me a grin. I mumbled a quick greeting and, ducking my skull down, went to walk past him. Seriously, no offense to my Art Teacher, but he had made me remember so many terrible things--

'Hey, wait!' he called, hurrying after me. 'Fresh! I really wanted to talk to you.' 

I turned around, pushing my glasses up the bridge of my nasal cavity. 'I'm sorry Mr. Ink, but I really should be getting home...' I tried to sound apologetic as I gave him an awkward smile. Mr. Ink rubbed the back of his vertebrae. 'Yes, I know, but...I really want to apologize for what I did.'

'It's fine, sir,' I kept a frozen smile on my skull. 'Besides, I lost my parents a long time ago, so it's really no big deal.' My smile felt like it was about to crack at the edges.

Oh my stars. Just let me go home, please!

'But I know that it was extremely insensitive of me to bring up your parents like that. Please, tell me if there's any way I can make up for it, Fresh,' Mr. Ink looked at me with a pleading expression. I sighed. Okay. There was no way I could say no to such sincerity, as cheesy as it sounds.

(Although, it seemed rather forced...w̶a̶s̶ ̶I̶ ̶i̶m̶a̶g̶i̶n̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶s̶?̶)

'It's really okay, Mr. Ink,' I reassured him. 'But thanks for the apology,' I smiled at him to show my appreciation. And suddenly, as if by a miracle, his entire demeanor changed. I stared dumbfounded as my Art Teacher's expression lit up like the flipping North Star and as he beamed at me, I was astonished by the waves of bubbly happiness that poured off of him.

Um, what!? What just happened to Mr. Ink!? Should I call a doctor or something!?

'Really!?' he beamed, bounding forward and grabbing both of my hands. 'I'm so glad that you forgive me, Fresh! I promise I'll find a way to make it up to you!'

And with that, he was gone, bouncing down the street, leaving a very shocked me behind. 

And also, a very shocked me who was wondering if he had a personality disorder or something...

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

Yes, yes, I know that I'm a lazy jerk for not updating, and I think my apologies are pointless anyway. Sigh. Anyway, this was more of a half-chapter, and I will update soon. It's just that homework and online classes and everything have been driving me insane XD. 

Anyway, see you later folks! :D