[09] Hanging Out At PJ's Place (Part 1)

| Fresh

I clutched my books nervously to my chest. Today is the day. That's literally all that I can think of. Today is the day that I'm going to PJ's house. Which is still giving me butterflies in my non-existent stomach.

The thought is stressful, to say the least. So far, no reasonable Monster's parents had ever had the kind thought to invite me over to their son's/daughter's house before. I just hope I don't eventually end up making a terrible first impression on them.

Okay, Freshy. Deep breaths. Deep...

Wait a second. I'm a skeleton. I don't have lungs.

Oh for StarClan's sake! I'm getting too worked up over this stupid thing! I muttered silent profanities at PJ as I shoved my books into my locker and closed it with hurried impatience.

Fluffing PJ and that stupid grin of his-

Pushing the main doors open, I stepped out, wincing as I felt the sunlight beat down on my bones. I've never liked sunlight. Gives me a freaking headache just to look at it. And for those who say that it's a good source of Vitamin whatever letter it is, you can go and... have some fudge.

Dangnabbit. Why am I such a prude when it comes to swearing?

The sight of PJ pulled me away from my thoughts. He was leaning against the outer wall under the cool shade of a short tree.

Huh. Looks like a mango tree. Are they always that short...?

Aaand that, folks, was when PJ finally decided to notice me.

'Klutz! You made it,' he flashed his thousand watts at me playfully, pulling himself away from the wall and striding over to me.

(And no, it was not more blinding than the sunlight was.)

'I have a name, you know,' I said, annoyed. What is with this guy and his dumb nicknames!? Ugh.

'Yeah, it's klutz.'

'Don't you have anything better to do than waste your time making, I don't know, deprecating nicknames?' I fired back. Honestly, it's like I was born to hate this guy. Screw his charisma and fudge-eating grin.

Why do I dislike him so much and yet am weirdly attracted to him? StarClan only knows.

Before he could reply, his dads came out of the door behind me.

'Oh! You must be Fresh,' Mr. Ink greeted me cheerfully, taking my hand and actually shaking it with enthusiasm. Like I was invisible in his classes and he hadn't seen me before in his life.

Ummmmm.....

'Right, Sir. Uh, nice to...meet...you?' I said awkwardly, cursing myself for my apparent inability to articulate a proper sentence in front of my Art and P.E teachers. And PJ too, of course. What is wrong with me!? Come on, you stupid tongue, work this time-

Oh. My. Stars. PJ was literally snickering at my predicament.

'There's no need for formality. Just Ink is fine,' he said, smiling at me, letting go of my hand which I let drop like a limp noodle to my side. This is so humiliating...

'Shall we go?' Ink offered lightly, taking Coach Error by the hand, PJ with the other and practically dragging both of them towards a black Swift that was parked a few steps away.

~Timeskip~

Mr- erm, Ink's in the kitchen, Error's sitting at the table reading, PJ's in his room rummaging for something, and I'm just standing here like an idiot.

I was actually waiting for the obnoxious PJ. He said he wanted to do something, and he'd bring something down from his room for me , so now I guess I just have to wait. There was this whole air of mystery around him, which really gave me the chills.

I unfortunately didn't get the chance to meet his brother. Though from what I've heard, he's supposed to be like a cute little teddy bear. Which is, yeah, way cuter than his terrifying cucumber of a brother.

(Am I the only one here who thinks that last sentence sounded wrong?)

'Hey, nerd,' Undyne The Terrible flashed her eerily white shark's teeth at me as she passed by, her red ponytail swinging behind her as she disappeared into the kitchen.

Did she just smile at me? Well, the gang have been a lot nicer to me since I saved PJ. Which is awesome, since they did kinda bully me sometimes...

After what seemed like ages of waiting, PJ finally came back down the stairs. He threw something (yellow and blue?) at me and I accidentally let out a tiny yelp, fumbling to catch it before it clattered to the floor.

Hey, I'm a nerd who's a walking disaster at sports, so I don't have great reflexes. I mean, come on, life isn't fair to everyone. Unfortunately. Ahem.

'It's a Nerf gun,' PJ stated matter-of-factly. I noticed that he was bare-chested (bare-boned?) and wearing a pair of plain swimming trunks.

And I also couldn't help but notice the way his ribcage was perfectly curved with a rich dark colour, and not scarred like mine...

'Yeah, that's pretty obvious... so, are we getting the party started, like, right now?' I queried, holding the Nerf gun.

'Yeah,' PJ said nonchalantly, scratching his cheekbone. 'You can get changed in the bathroom,' he gestured to his right.

He was being oddly casual to someone like me who looks, like, totally out of place in his house.

Eugh. My life is so weird sometimes.

'...Okay, then.' I just hope this guy doesn't drown me in the pool or something.