[12] That Phone-Stealing Gill-Face! (Part 1)

| PJ

Whew. It's been a while since I'd played like I did earlier. My dad's pretty demanding when it comes to things that I'm good at. Like basketball. One of the perks of having a Coach for a dad, I guess. 

I made my way to the locker room after high-fiving as many Monsters as skeletonly possible. You wouldn't believe how many wanted to congratulate me even though it was just a practice match. Although, I do have to say, we probably had this tournament in the bag. 

Yeah, I like to brag. It's one of my hobbies (cough cough).

Slinging a towel around my neck, I hummed as I rummaged around in my locker. I know I left my phone in there somewhere...

Huh. It's not here? I pushed aside some loose papers than had somehow gotten in there and stared down at the blank stretch of metal that greeted me. 

Oh, great. Undyne was the only one who knew my combination. But how the hell had she gotten in here anyways? This was the boys' locker room. I let out an annoyed grumble as I got changed and stomped out of the locker room, intent on finding that phone-stealing-- urgh. 

'Uh...PJ?' I was stopped in my fish-hunting tracks by a timid voice. I looked down, only to see the dinosaur girl aka Undyne's crush. 

Well, well, well...

'What d'you want, nerd?' I asked, more than a little annoyed that she had interrupted my mission to get my phone. And yeah, I know that might sound ridiculous, but my phone is very important. In fact, it's so important that I need to get it back right now before that gill-face steals all of my personal information and reveals my embarrassing secrets that should stay as secrets!

'Ohh, u-um, we-we're r-really sorry P-PJ-- but Fresh a-and I we-were w-w-won-ondering if y-ou could t-tell u-us where U-undyne is...?' 

Fresh? I looked behind her and there was the sarcastic son of a gun standing there. He offered me a small smile. 'Hey, PJ. I thought you played really well.'

'Yeah, well, thanks or whatever,' I rolled my eye-lights. 'I'm looking for Fish-sticks too. She stole my goddamn phone.'

I should really change my locker combination next time. 

'O-oh, w-well...that's t-t-too bad...' Alphys nervously chuckled. 'M-maybe we-we sh-should look f-for h-her t-together?'

I sighed. 'Fine. Just don't infect me with your nerdiness or something.' I walked off, seeing them exchange confused glances out of the corner of my eye-socket.