13. Movie Night

Amy's POV

I pace around nervously through the living room. I told Christina that she could come over at 7 just like I told Xander and Angie, and it's 6:55 now. My friends know that I invited someone else, but I didn't tell them who and right now I am seriously regretting it. Xander and Angie have been my best friends for so long, and they have known for a long time that I have a crush on the school's most popular girl. Not once have they given up the opportunity to mock me for it, and right now that only thing I can think about is the hundred of ways that they can expose me. 

I never bothered explaining to them why I like her, I just never felt the need to justify it. Never in a million years did I think I'd be stuck in this exact situation. Oh man, maybe I shouldn't have been such a dick to them all those times in the past. 

As the doorbell rings I cross my fingers hoping that they are here first. Then I can at least loop them in and get the laughs out of the way before Christina gets here. I have no such luck as I swing the door open and find none other than Christina Marks on my doorstep. My breath hitches as she smiles at me a bit awkwardly. She is wearing a thin black tank top and white shorts that put her legs on display. The amount of skin she is showing alone is making me a bit dizzy. Her face is soft and glowing a bit as I notice a few freckles on her face. I think this is the first time I've seen her without makeup and I can call it nothing but perfection.

"Are you going to invite me in or do you want me to stay outside." My eyes snap up to meet her gaze as I realize that I am still staring at her. I quickly sidestep and briefly hide my face in hopes of collecting myself and hiding how red my cheeks are becoming.

As she steps inside she carefully begins studying her environment. Not that I mind, while she studies the living room, I can shamelessly study her. "Your parents shave a lovely home." She utters before turning back to me. Nodding slightly I play with my fingers behind my back not knowing what else to do. It was so much easier talking to her on the walkie-talkie, but now standing in front of her I am at a loss for words.

The tension in the room is so thick that you can cut it with a knife, yet the only thing I can focus on is how perfect her skin looks. She also fidgets a bit as she calmly walks around. "Can I get you something to…-" "Yes water." She states a quickly bringing an awkward smile to my face as well. There really is no need for this to be weird, but I'm glad that I'm not the only one to notice.

Moments later I return with a glass to find her flipping through my DVD collection. Not my normal collection, but my private one. The one I with all the weird older movies that I have been collecting for over five years. The stack that even my parents find too outdated. "Don't worry, we're not going to watch anything from that stack, you guys wouldn't like it anyway." 

I place the glass down on the coaster but to my surprise she continues browsing through the shelf. The more time she spends there, the more self-conscious I begin feeling about them. "Are these all yours?"  

With her back facing me it becomes difficult to make out what she is thinking. "Yeah, their mine. I like old movies, it's a stupid interest of mine." She quickly turns around and looks straight at me. "I don't think it's stupid. It's actually pretty cool that you collect them. So many of these I've been wanting to see but can't get a decent download. I just watched Vertigo last night." She picks up the green box shoving me the Vertigo cover. 

"Really?" I try not to sound too excited about this new revelation, but the fact that we share this interest is just too perfect. "Yeah if the movie is older than me, I already have high expectations. I just liked the way they told stories back then. Before everything turned into an overproduced cliché." My smile becomes infections as hers grows with every word.